ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-Submit or Re-apply

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ljp150
Newly Registered

Re-Submit or Re-apply

Post by ljp150 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:52 pm

I was rejected for providing proof of earnings from the same source. Can I resubmit my original application with the correct documentation or will I have to reapply from the beginning and pay an additional $1,100.00 USD? It was a minor glitch and I have the correct documentation now. This caused both mine and my dependants visa to be rejected and will push the costs over $4,400.00 now. I'd like to avoid the additional costs if possible.

Thanks for any help!!

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Re-Submit or Re-apply

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Unfortunately, if it is rejected than you have to reapply again with correct documentation. You can only provide additional documents when application is still with case worker/HO.
ljp150 wrote:I was rejected for providing proof of earnings from the same source. Can I resubmit my original application with the correct documentation or will I have to reapply from the beginning and pay an additional $1,100.00 USD? It was a minor glitch and I have the correct documentation now. This caused both mine and my dependants visa to be rejected and will push the costs over $4,400.00 now. I'd like to avoid the additional costs if possible.

Thanks for any help!!

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Re-apply is a clean /safe case-side effect extra money.
I also had similar issue.

However check with UK embassy if you are eligible for review case.

I came to know about this when I directly spoke to them. Also you add provide additional documents when requesting for review.

I used that option.(review). However result was same-rejected . This was more because of my mistake though as I still missed the cryptic message they had in the rejection and didnt addressed it properly.

I later realized this and re-applied and got visa.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:35 pm

I don't think this is eligible for a review, because I think that the review will only consider the decision made on the evidence available to the caseworker at that time. If the evidence was not there, then I think you're best bet is to submit a new application in spite of the great expense.

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:39 pm

i totally agree. All i am suggesting is let them decide if application is eligible for review or not. If they say yes, at no additional cost you can request for review-it might take around a month though to get a review response.

If they say no, only option is to re-apply.