ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Workpermit transfer to new employer

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsme
Member of Standing

UK Workpermit transfer to new employer

Post by itsme » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi Everyone,
I would be glad if someone clarifies my query.
I am Indian, presently in UK with valid workpermit from my employer
(ends in aug 06). I am nearly having an offer with new UK employer and would like to transfer my workpermit to new employer.
Can someone suggest me procedures / Time taken / cost involved
for transfer.

Thanks in advance.

rgds,
itsme

jazbaati99

Post by jazbaati99 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:49 pm

Hi its me

Basically work permits don't get transferred, your new employer is going to apply for a fresh work permit. As long as you are going to do the same sort of job in the new company as you do in the old one, your work permit application will be considered as a tier 1 application. You new employer don't have to test the resident labour market. Usually the new work permit arrives in a matter of days and not weeks, usually a week or so. I have no idea about the cost involved. Once you have your work permit, you need to apply for a further leave to remain using FLR (IED). You have to pay for FLR application unless you are from a country who’s citizens are exempt from payment.

Hope it helps

Best of luck