ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Post-Study Work to Tier 1 General under new rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lydiax
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Post-Study Work to Tier 1 General under new rules

Post by lydiax » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:40 am

Dear all,

I know that everybody is still speculating on how the new Tier 1 rules coming into effect on April 1st will affect those currently in the UK who want to extend their visas, but so far I've only been reading about HSMP changing to Tier 1 General, but there's been nothing about how the rules will affect those changing from Tier 1 Post-Study Work to Tier 1 General, presumably because the Post Study Work permit is still relatively new and compared to the HSMP visa, the percentage of people on the PSW visa is small. I was shocked when I read about the required Masters degree to apply for the Tier 1 General visa, but I was wondering if there's a slight chance it might not affect those changing from the PSW visa? Although I highly doubt it won't. I know it's early days, but does anyone have any idea about this?

I'm clinging onto the chance that these changes will only affect those applying from outside the UK and those who haven't secured an employer :
http://www.spammer.com/uk/news/23-02 ... ation.aspx

The crucial paragraph: 'Under the new rules to go live in April, overseas workers using the tier 1 category for skilled migration would have to have at least a masters' degree – rather than a bachelor's degree - if they have not already secured a job in the UK. '

Aaargh, I'm so stressed and worried!!! If anybody can enlighten me, please do. Thank you

static_restart
Newly Registered

Post by static_restart » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 am

Ive been struggling to find out the same thing but so far no help or replies from anywhere. Sent various emails but still awaiting any response.

If you find out ANYTHING please do share!

baz44
Newly Registered

Post by baz44 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:43 am

hi guys,
could you please let us know if anyone got an answer to this problem,
plleaseeeeee

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:20 am

Same Question..... Didn't find the answer yet :(

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:23 pm

any one got any response ?

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 pm

I don't think anybody knows for sure as yet. I haven't seen any confirmation on this issue either way.

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:09 pm

lydiax, I have got an email from HO and unfortunately its looks from that email that PSW will not be exempted from new rules.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Proposed changes to the requirements for Points Based System Tier 1 (General) and Tier 2 were announced by the Home Secretary recently, and are expected to come into effect for applications made on or after 31st March 2009. Details of the announcement can be found on the UK Border Agency website at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... oughertest

Applicants who currently have leave to remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, Writers, Artists, Composers or Self Employed Lawyers categories, and are applying to extend their leave to remain in the UK in Tier 1 (General) will not be affected by the changes announced by the Home Secretary.

Applicants who currently have leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant will not be affected by the change when they apply for further leave to remain.

Yours faithfully,

David Lavigne
Immigration Group

ian0921
Newly Registered

Post by ian0921 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:38 pm

hi guys look at that :evil: :evil: :evil:
The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Can you please stop making multiple posts ? This issue is been discussed/debated extensively on other threads. A cursory look at the different threads will make it apparent.
ian0921 wrote:hi guys look at that :evil: :evil: :evil:
The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

lydiax
Newly Registered

Post by lydiax » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi push_hsmp,

Actually, I've been looking at all the threads relating to this issue for the past 3 months. If I found a satisfactory answer, I wouldn't post multiple times, because nobody has been able to answer me, because it's only been hsmp people helping each other out and nobody seems be on the tier 1 post-study work permit trying to get on the tier 1. Stop being so snarky when people are genuinely in need of a response and can't find any. You would be panicky if you were in my situation, but everybody has been ignoring my questions and just going on about HSMP HSMP! Now we know that you guys are fine and I and other Post-Study work permit people are f**ked, so thanks for your support and have a nice life in the UK.