ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help needed really stress with the new changes, whats next?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deltauk

Help needed really stress with the new changes, whats next?

Post by deltauk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing fine. I have just gone through the news of these new changes for HSMP.

Background

I got my HSMP (application before 28 Feb 2008) and my passport on 17th of March 08 with 2 years extension. My extension is due in 2010 (mar 09) and will be under new Tier 1 plan.

I have received 75 points for my initial application made up of bachelor’s degree, earning etc.

I will be up for renewal next year in March but have read somewhere that my initial application won’t be valid as I can’t get points for my education. Even if I get max points for earning and my age I think i will be still short to renew my extension.

I have been really stressed since I have heard this. Please could someone point me in the right direction and put my mind on rest?

I have been in UK initially on a work permit in Nov 05 and since then have changed jobs (second work permit) and then HSMP last year in Mar 08.

I am extremely concern and getting p.a. on this.

Please help.

Regards
D
[/u]

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:46 pm

From the sounds that the UKBA are making, the rule changes will not apply to existing HSMP/Tier 1 Holders. Therefore, this will not affect you and should be able to reapply without the Master's requirement in 2010 (assuming, of course, that no other retrospective rule changes are implemented in the year ahead).

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:55 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:From the sounds that the UKBA are making, the rule changes will not apply to existing HSMP/Tier 1 Holders. Therefore, this will not affect you and should be able to reapply without the Master's requirement in 2010 (assuming, of course, that no other retrospective rule changes are implemented in the year ahead).
Dear Drjabberwocky23,

Many Thanks for your reply. Its just i am reading so many responses on forum and it makes u wonder what is correct and what not.

As you can imagine this is a very tricky and panicky situation and I just dont really know what to do.

I hope few more people can confirm this.

regards
D

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:10 pm

for HSMP extension new rules do not apply to you. please find below an email I got from HO:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Proposed changes to the requirements for Points Based System Tier 1 (General) and Tier 2 were announced by the Home Secretary recently, and are expected to come into effect for applications made on or after 31st March 2009. Details of the announcement can be found on the UK Border Agency website at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... oughertest

Applicants who currently have leave to remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, Writers, Artists, Composers or Self Employed Lawyers categories, and are applying to extend their leave to remain in the UK in Tier 1 (General) will not be affected by the changes announced by the Home Secretary.

Applicants who currently have leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant will not be affected by the change when they apply for further leave to remain.

Yours faithfully,

David Lavigne
Immigration Group

deltauk

Post by deltauk » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 pm

lilmeiow2008 wrote:for HSMP extension new rules do not apply to you. please find below an email I got from HO:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Proposed changes to the requirements for Points Based System Tier 1 (General) and Tier 2 were announced by the Home Secretary recently, and are expected to come into effect for applications made on or after 31st March 2009. Details of the announcement can be found on the UK Border Agency website at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... oughertest

Applicants who currently have leave to remain under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, Writers, Artists, Composers or Self Employed Lawyers categories, and are applying to extend their leave to remain in the UK in Tier 1 (General) will not be affected by the changes announced by the Home Secretary.

Applicants who currently have leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) migrant will not be affected by the change when they apply for further leave to remain.

Yours faithfully,

David Lavigne
Immigration Group
Dear lilmeiow2008,

Many Thanks for your reply. I was really really stressed and have spent last few hours trying to find the info.

Once again many thanks for your reply.

Have a good night

Regards
DK