ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Master or Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rao166

Master or Visa

Post by rao166 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:46 am

I wana pay the HSMP fee thru credit card, some one told me [not reliable] that Master card is not working internationaly, i m here just to confirm that is there some one who paid HSMP fee thru Master card. Plz reply asap.

mmhtn
Newly Registered

Post by mmhtn » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:49 pm

I had the problem while applying for extension. I had a debit card with Master Card stamp and was from US.

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:57 pm

same problem with mastercard for me too
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:08 pm

That's true...

I used my Master Card international to pay for the fee and it didnt get through... although the card had enough limit and the CC company didnt register any refusals or anything on their logs...
So I had to resend my application with a Demand Draft. I think this is the best method for paying hsmp fee.

Good Luck!
LBF

chivdog
Newly Registered

Post by chivdog » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:27 pm

pay using a banker's draft at least then you'll be assured that there will be no problem in processing the payment. I used Mastercard as well and had problems with payment despite there being adequate funds available.

imranahmadkhan
Newly Registered

Post by imranahmadkhan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:10 pm

Check with your crdit card company, many credit card companies, depending upon their card type, especially from US does not allow the card to be used other than the country from where it is issued.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:22 pm

imranahmadkhan, I don't think that is quite right.

What I think is right is the card issuer ..... does not allow the card to be used other than the country from where it is issued if the cardholder is not present.

And by definition we are talking here about "cardholder not present" transactions.
John

rao166

Post by rao166 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:13 pm

So far, only those complained who tried to pay thru Master card.
Does that mean that paying thru Visa card is safe and trustworthy?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:02 pm

I paid by Master Card Credit Card from HSBC and I have not encountered any problem.

I do not know exactly but I have seen that offices and shops in the UK reject the credir card that is not issued by the "BANK".

As we know that some credit cards is also issued by NON BANK prvider such as "Capital ONE", etc.

To make this issue clear I think we should ask those who have paid by MASTER CARD Credit Card (Not Debit Card) could thye inform whether they pay by Non BAnk or Bank Credit CArd.

Regards
PAntaiema

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:03 am

I used master card from CITI bank without any problems.