ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW rejected! appeal or reapply?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jmhernden
Newly Registered

PSW rejected! appeal or reapply?

Post by jmhernden » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 pm

My PSW application was rejected because I did not send in my degree certificate. I had not yet (and still have not) received my certificate because LSE sent it to an incomplete address. I am applying to have a new certificate sent to me asap. Should I appeal and simply bring in the certificate and tell them why I didn't send it in? Can I continue to work during this time (I'm working full-time in a pub at the moment as the job market is so tough now)? All advice and help is welcomed. Thanks!
Last edited by jmhernden on Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

igiosan
Newly Registered
New Zealand

PSW REFUSAL AND REAPPLICATION

Post by igiosan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:19 pm

I will like to ask what you think about this case...someone sends a first application to the home office for the PSW visa, but her maintainance funds fall short of the £800. She gets a refusal with the option of appeal but then finds out that she had funds in another account that would have made up for the dip in his account during the 3 month period but she didnt send it to the home office bcos she didnt know that it was possible to combine accounts.
In reaction to this, she was adviced by her lawyer to reapply (which she has done...though her visa has expired) instead of appealing. reason is becos: according to the lawyer, appealing will be based on the last application that was sent and ignorance might not be an excuse then while a reapplication will present all documents afresh.

What do you think of this case?

koolbone

Re: PSW rejected! appeal or reapply?

Post by koolbone » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:46 pm

jmhernden wrote:My PSW application was rejected because I did not send in my degree certificate. I had not yet (and still have not) received my certificate because LSE sent it to an incomplete address. I am applying to have a new certificate sent to me asap. Should I appeal and simply bring in the certificate and tell them why I didn't send it in? Can I continue to work during this time (I'm working full-time in a pub at the moment as the job market is so tough now)? All advice and help is welcomed. Thanks!

I'm assuming your previous leave expired while your application was being considered. Yes, appeal on time with your certificate and you should be fine. As regards your previous question, provided you appeal on time and do not leave the UK, your previous leave is extended pending when your appeal is considered. So, you can continue working during the period your appeal is being considered.
All the best

koolbone

Re: PSW REFUSAL AND REAPPLICATION

Post by koolbone » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:48 pm

igiosan wrote:I will like to ask what you think about this case...someone sends a first application to the home office for the PSW visa, but her maintainance funds fall short of the £800. She gets a refusal with the option of appeal but then finds out that she had funds in another account that would have made up for the dip in his account during the 3 month period but she didnt send it to the home office bcos she didnt know that it was possible to combine accounts.
In reaction to this, she was adviced by her lawyer to reapply (which she has done...though her visa has expired) instead of appealing. reason is becos: according to the lawyer, appealing will be based on the last application that was sent and ignorance might not be an excuse then while a reapplication will present all documents afresh.

What do you think of this case?
well, I think she stands a very good chance of getting the PSW visa this time around, provided the total amount in the combined accounts remains at least £800 at all times during the three month period. I know of someone on another forum who did this and was successful.