ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Tax Credit Denied

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Working Tax Credit Denied

Post by gainvidya » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Aftet I got my ILR I was waiting for my Workging Tax Credit to be credited to my bank account.

To my surprise they credited my wife's acccount with Child Tax Credit at the rate of £40+ per 4 weeks but no working tax credit at all. Upon enquiring I am told that since my income is > £17K per annum I wont be eligible for any Working Tax credit.

Is this right!!!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Working Tax Credit Denied

Post by Wanderer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:02 pm

gainvidya wrote:Aftet I got my ILR I was waiting for my Workging Tax Credit to be credited to my bank account.

To my surprise they credited my wife's acccount with Child Tax Credit at the rate of £40+ per 4 weeks but no working tax credit at all. Upon enquiring I am told that since my income is > £17K per annum I wont be eligible for any Working Tax credit.

Is this right!!!
Try http://entitledto.co.uk - that will tell u what u can claim. IIRC WTC isn't much really - bias is towards CTC for upkeep of kids...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Famador
Newly Registered

Post by Famador » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks for the link Wanderer. I found it very useful as I do have the same problem with Gainvidya.

Simulation pret