ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application eaten by dog?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dtjesus

Application eaten by dog?

Post by dtjesus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:47 am

I applied from inside the UK on 17-Nov-08. Student to Tier 1. No answer yet. Called a number of times, no definite answer.
The last year i had applied for a student extension it took 5 months for them to decide. That is 4 months on top of my previous expiry. I know there are ppl here who applied in Feb 09 and are worried already :p.

I have stopped worrying about it anymore as had been doing that for the past 18 weeks now. :D

debz

Post by debz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:19 pm

My husband's initial HSMP application docs (with all original certificates, approval letter, etc) were lost in early 2007.. somehow he got to know from them that his application was approved.. these docs were lost in transit on the way back.. so he had to lodge police complain, give newpaper ads, etc to get all the duplicates for EC.. i think he was asked to wait for 3 months to get a second copy of the approval letter..

drjabberwocky23

Re: Application eaten by dog?

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:50 pm

dtjesus wrote:I applied from inside the UK on 17-Nov-08. Student to Tier 1. No answer yet. Called a number of times, no definite answer.
The last year i had applied for a student extension it took 5 months for them to decide. That is 4 months on top of my previous expiry. I know there are ppl here who applied in Feb 09 and are worried already :p.

I have stopped worrying about it anymore as had been doing that for the past 18 weeks now. :D
What do you mean by "no definite answer." Surely they need to tell you if your application is "awaiting consideration," "under consideration," etc.? Have they processed payment for your application?

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:
What do you mean by "no definite answer." Surely they need to tell you if your application is "awaiting consideration," "under consideration," etc.? Have they processed payment for your application?
Yes the payment was cleared before 25-nov-08 which was confirmed in the acknowledgement letter. Ofcourse they are very quick with taking your money :p. Its under 'fruther consideration'

usually 'further consideration = we cant really be bothered'

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:02 pm

That's probably a fairly accurate translation! :D

Have you checked with your university/employers/etc. to see if they are delaying your application by not replying to a home office enquiry.

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:14 pm

dtjesus wrote:I applied from inside the UK on 17-Nov-08. Student to Tier 1. No answer yet. Called a number of times, no definite answer.

I'm also changing from a student to tier 1. Applied Jan 14 and it has been awaiting further consideration for more than 2 weeks now. Not as long as yours, though. Were your earnings from home country? I seem to think that's one of the reasons why it's slow.

dtjesus

Post by dtjesus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:28 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:That's probably a fairly accurate translation! :D

Have you checked with your university/employers/etc. to see if they are delaying your application by not replying to a home office enquiry.
yes my employer back in pakistan was contacted last week of jan 09 and it all went ok. i did masters from greenwich uni here in uk and i dont think they will be delaying verification. afterall how much verification will be needed of them.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:50 pm

perhaps the application pile is mountain high due to the new changes soon

wahmed80

Post by wahmed80 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 am

It seems UKBA is hesitant to award Tier-1 visa to those who are switching from student.

My case is also pending for 13 weeks. Even my employer in Pakistan has not been contacted for verification. I got a verification from employer myself and sent it to UKBA last week.

Regards,
Wahab

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:48 am

Hi wahmed80 and Dtjesus

I started a new thread on Student to Tier 1 (G) applications. Most applications are WP to Tier 1 so ours is a bit unique. Let's hope we can get some info, although I'm getting more and more to dtjesus' state. After getting REALLY worked up, I'm starting to care less and less everyday - for the sake of my own peace of mind! :lol:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36761