ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply for student visa while waiting for PSW.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreamz

Can i apply for student visa while waiting for PSW.

Post by dreamz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi
I have applied for PSW in october and since then i have not heard anything from HO. Now i came to know, You need Master's degree to apply for Tier1.
I am studying since last september. But its professional Degree. Is it possible i can apply for Student Visa while they hold my passport for psw?

Bye cheers

mta
Newly Registered

Post by mta » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:36 pm

once I went to immigration advisory service and asked the same question.

they said yes you can apply for student visa while you are waiting for decision on your application for psw.

my friend you should apply for student visa and mention and write a cover letter to them and explain every possible reason for new application and request them not to consider your earlier application.

that is it. good luck :lol:

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:04 pm

mta wrote:once I went to immigration advisory service and asked the same question.

they said yes you can apply for student visa while you are waiting for decision on your application for psw.

my friend you should apply for student visa and mention and write a cover letter to them and explain every possible reason for new application and request them not to consider your earlier application.

But the problem is my student visa exppired in jan 09. So is it better to apply for Student visa?

phoenix777

Post by phoenix777 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:08 pm

dreamz wrote:
mta wrote:once I went to immigration advisory service and asked the same question.

But the problem is my student visa exppired in jan 09. So is it better to apply for Student visa?
  • don't risk yourself. wait for whatever u applied for. new rule won't affect you. it affects who apply from april. so what's the hurry.