ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inzar
Newly Registered

Naturalization application

Post by inzar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am

Hi All,

I want to apply for Naturalization but am confused as

I had a fixed fine for driving on bus lane last year and am worried that it would effect the application.

I also tried to find some Agencies or Solicitors who would file the application with me but in vain, Is everyone filing their application themselves or are there are agencies available to help out.

Thanks

Inzar

pahadia
Ireland

Post by pahadia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:10 pm

You need to do your research before you file your application. Go through another tread on this forum called Citizenship timeline tracker. You will find very useful information there. I know its long but trust me it’s worth time investment. As far as I know most of us here filled their application themselves. Its easy and straight forward process.
Before filling my application I went to see immigration lawyer. He charged me €50 for 15 minutes and gave me info that I already knew. At that time I didn't feel I am going to need see immigration lawyer so I went solo. Use your own discretion. Good luck with your application.

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Thanks 4 ur prompt response Pahadia,

That is what I was thinking and in the meantime I got a quote form an immigration agency based in north they want to charge me 1500 Euro inclusive of VAT and that's just sound crazy.

All I am worried about is the traffic offense which can be a problem :(

I think I would do it solo , did you had any luck yet?

victor8600

Re: Naturalization application

Post by victor8600 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:14 pm

inzar wrote:..I had a fixed fine for driving on bus lane last year and am worried that it would effect the application...
You do not need to submit a Garda/police certificate with the application form for naturalisation. They will ask you for it later, i.e. 2 years later or so.

Worry then, why worry now?
All your base are belong to us

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:35 am

the driving penelty points would be removed after 3 years automatically and fixed fine is not a major thing as every second person had them

inzar
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by inzar » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:13 am

Thank you All its a relief to hear your encouraging words .... I will go ahead and apply ...lets c ... the rest is up to GOD I believe.

victor8600

Re: Thanks

Post by victor8600 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:14 pm

inzar wrote: ... the rest is up to GOD....
... and the discretionary powers of the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform. Amen :)
All your base are belong to us

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:21 am

thats very expensive fees.i appplied mine in feb 14,2007 got my aprroval nov went to court dec 10 and got my passport jan 09.thank you to my solicitor who only charge me 20 euros for his signature and advice. :lol:

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:36 am

Hi Nicepecsigot , Thanks for comment on my post , Plz Plz can you tell me details of your solicitor :) :shock:

thanks in advance

inzar
Newly Registered

Post by inzar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey Nicepecsigot,

Why would you not tell about your soliciter so me or other people can get the advantage.

It would be great if you could let us know.

Kind Regards

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:59 pm

i need to know i am a year a few months short to apply for a permanent residency as i have eufam 4 now. how long does it take after 5 years to get permanent card and passport.

Also what stamps do you get in between that time. Any reply please.