ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost EEA2 application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

clogman01
Newly Registered

Lost EEA2 application

Post by clogman01 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Hi all, hope someone can give me some advice. My wife submitted her EEA2 application to Liverpool, by Special Delivery, and the Royal Mail have provided a proof of delivery dated the 31/01/2009. However, no sign of the COA yet...when I queried this at nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk I received a reply saying that "Unfortunately your application is not yet showing on the system. The certificate of application will be sent to you when your application is on the system.". I'm now pretty worried as we had submitted her original passport with the application. I have queried this again with nwcsu but have had no reply back yet. Also tried repeatedly to call UKBA on 08706067766 but couldn't get through.
Anything else I can/should do? 6 weeks seems an awfully long time.
Thanks in advance

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: Lost EEA2 application

Post by thsths » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:44 pm

clogman01 wrote:Anything else I can/should do? 6 weeks seems an awfully long time.
It does, but it is the normal time frame for the CoA. If it takes much longer (up to 3 months is possible, but you do not have to wait that long), you should send a complaint to the North West unit, and they will look for your application.

edro

Re: Lost EEA2 application

Post by edro » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:15 pm

[quote="clogman01"]Hi all, hope someone can give me some advice. My wife submitted her EEA2 application to Liverpool, by Special Delivery, and the Royal Mail have provided a proof of delivery dated the 31/01/2009. However, no sign of the COA yet...when I queried this at nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk I received a reply saying that "Unfortunately your application is not yet showing on the system. The certificate of application will be sent to you when your application is on the system.". I'm now pretty worried as we had submitted her original passport with the application. I have queried this again with nwcsu but have had no reply back yet. Also tried repeatedly to call UKBA on 08706067766 but couldn't get through.
Anything else I can/should do? 6 weeks seems an awfully long time.
Thanks in advance[/quote]
hi
this phone no is not for liverpool anymore, u've to call 08450105200 and choose option 3 they open till 9 pm mon to fri. if u make any complain tell them that they're in violation of EU 2006 no 1003 regulations by not issuing your coa immediatly after receiving your application.

clogman01
Newly Registered

Post by clogman01 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 am

Good news - UKBA has sent me the COA. Got through on the phone and the people were very helpful, as were the responses to the email.
Now here's hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly too....