ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Vs Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lovetier1

Work Permit Vs Tier 1

Post by lovetier1 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 pm

I travelled form India and was working on a work permit from and Indian IT company. I applied for Tier1 and got it on November 2008 and continued working in the same company. As per my companies records , as my work permit validity is going to complete, they are trying to process work permit on top of my tier 1 visa. My compny is aware that I have Tier 1 but they still want to process work permit on top of it. Is work permit psossible on top of Tier1 visa? If so what will happen to the Tier 1 status I have ? Please help . Ealry reply highly appreciated.

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Yes WP is possible on top of Tier 1.. but once you are back to WP (T2 now) it will overide your tier 1 status and your ILR counter will reset..

In such a case it will be difficult for you to change your employer unless new employer agrees to provcess the WP (T2).

NK

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Work Permit Vs Tier 1

Post by maheshnair » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:58 pm

lovetier1 wrote:I travelled form India and was working on a work permit from and Indian IT company. I applied for Tier1 and got it on November 2008 and continued working in the same company. As per my companies records , as my work permit validity is going to complete, they are trying to process work permit on top of my tier 1 visa. My compny is aware that I have Tier 1 but they still want to process work permit on top of it. Is work permit psossible on top of Tier1 visa? If so what will happen to the Tier 1 status I have ? Please help . Ealry reply highly appreciated.

Your Employer is smart :) . Tell them you are on TIER 1 and dont need a WP . Dont let them apply . explain them you can work without WP . It is like telling a dumb guy who is acting dumb . They know all the rules just making you trapped .

He is trying to bring you to their control .

if you have tier1 you can just leave them . If you are WP then you cannot just walk away , you need a new sponser .

It happened to me and when they forced me i just resigned and walked away ...

lovetier1

Post by lovetier1 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Thanks for the information suggestions to you both (nksg and maheshnair)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 pm

nksg wrote:but once you are back to WP (T2 now) it will overide your tier 1 status and your ILR counter will reset..
is that right?? NKSG.. may be i am completely wrong/thinking wrong.. pls correct me..

i thought ILR period shd be OK and wont reset untill there is no gap between WP/Tier1 or vice-versa??

Can you confirm me that shifting from

1. WP to Tier1 to Tier2 will reset the ILR clock OR
2. Tier1 to Tier2 will reset the ILR clock??

And is OK if you shift from
1. WP to Tier1 OR
2. Tier2 to Tier1

Sorry if it is really a simple dumb question from me.. i dont want to give dumb advice to anybody in future..

thanks

flygirl

Post by flygirl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:23 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
nksg wrote:but once you are back to WP (T2 now) it will overide your tier 1 status and your ILR counter will reset..
is that right?? NKSG.. may be i am completely wrong/thinking wrong.. pls correct me..

i thought ILR period shd be OK and wont reset untill there is no gap between WP/Tier1 or vice-versa??

1. WP to Tier1 OR
2. Tier2 to Tier1

Sorry if it is really a simple dumb question from me.. i dont want to give dumb advice to anybody in future..

thanks
IS there a reset? I didn't know that. I'd be glad to have clearer info on this as well.

maheshnair
BANNED

Post by maheshnair » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:42 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

1. WP to Tier1 OR
2. Tier2 to Tier1

thanks

Hi ,

Even i was looking for this answer about counter reset .
I called HO and they said TIER1 --> TIER2 , the day you convert counter is 0 .

This is ridiculous . So u spent 4.8 years and latest is tier1 and decide or forced to go to tier2 , it is like you just arrived UK
:cry:

Now , my friend who came to uk in 2000 or something on HSMP , c onverted it to WP But his ILR was not reset

I am confused . This is a serious point for tier1 guys AND HSMP GUYS .
If tommorow a rule comes that all tier1 existing guys should have PHDs say by chance our only option is jump to tier2 . BUT WE NEED CLEAR PICTURE ON THIS COUNTER

ANYBODY KNOWS THE EXACT ANSWER . IS IT MENTIONED ANYWHERE ON THE HO SITE ??

nksg

Post by nksg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:38 am

Hi Ramesh and Flygirl...

to the best of my knowledge...

WP to Tier1 to Tier2 will reset the ILR.. counter..

This was done at the time when they changed hsmp rules in 2006....

NK