ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what could be the reason for holding passport ????

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kissmemissme

what could be the reason for holding passport ????

Post by kissmemissme » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:43 pm

guys,,

one more postf from me.

i hv been waitin frm october ,,still no response from them.

what do u think guys,, r they really doing further check or.....

is there any another reason that they hv held our passport.

????????????????????????????????????

plz reply..

thnx

phoenix777

Re: what could be the reason for holding passport ????

Post by phoenix777 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:47 pm

kissmemissme wrote:guys,,

one more postf from me.

i hv been waitin frm october ,,still no response from them.

what do u think guys,, r they really doing further check or.....

is there any another reason that they hv held our passport.

????????????????????????????????????

plz reply..

thnx
  • which college did u study?

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:51 pm

There are several colleges under investigation currently.

kissmemissme

Post by kissmemissme » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:09 am

do u know which colleges r being investigated ?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 am

People have posted on here that they have a qualification from a university but also not heard from UKBA since October.

Do a search or read of the topics in this part of the forum.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:52 am

New ID cards
College scam
Christmas n New Year
Tier 4
Tier 1 changes

Do you see wt I see? Yep common sense is not that common. Is it?

kissmemissme

Post by kissmemissme » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:53 pm

pure_soul wrote:New ID cards
College scam
Christmas n New Year
Tier 4
Tier 1 changes

pure soul,,

thnx for ur reply,,but dnt u fink dat credit crunch nd job recession is one of d factor for it....

if they ll issue d visa den there ll b more shortage of jobs,,,,for me this is one of d reason as i could feel..

wot do u fink guys ??????????????????????

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:50 pm

kissmemissme wrote:
pure_soul wrote:New ID cards
College scam
Christmas n New Year
Tier 4
Tier 1 changes

pure soul,,

thnx for ur reply,,but dnt u fink dat credit crunch nd job recession is one of d factor for it....

if they ll issue d visa den there ll b more shortage of jobs,,,,for me this is one of d reason as i could feel..

wot do u fink guys ??????????????????????

I agree with you. Anyone knows, when they will start processing pending applications(Oct/Nov)??

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

I phoned to UKBA yesterday regarding the progress of my application. They answered the same like before which is "your application is waiting for consideration."I have asked them about the deadline of the processing of application.They said they do not know anything how long the processing will take.Surprisingly enough,why they are not processing the pending applications (last Oct/Nov) yet?I have asked this question to Frontier Mole,Pure_soul but nobody answered.They should answer.What is the point of using this forum.In addition, a number of applicants have asked the same question repeated times.But No answer!!!!!!!!!!!

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:50 am

Biswanath wrote:I phoned to UKBA yesterday regarding the progress of my application. They answered the same like before which is "your application is waiting for consideration."I have asked them about the deadline of the processing of application.They said they do not know anything how long the processing will take.Surprisingly enough,why they are not processing the pending applications (last Oct/Nov) yet?I have asked this question to Frontier Mole,Pure_soul but nobody answered.They should answer.What is the point of using this forum.In addition, a number of applicants have asked the same question repeated times.But No answer!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi one of my friend send them fax and got reply tht your application has been chosen for extended checks. i think 5 months is more than enough to do these checks. As per PSW guidline, HO will wait for results of the checks for maximum of 4 weeks.

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:59 am

Hello dreamz,what's that mean extended check?If they conduct police verification it must not take more than 4 months.

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:02 pm

Biswanath wrote:Hello dreamz,what's that mean extended check?If they conduct police verification it must not take more than 4 months.
Yeh i know. Dnt know wht is extended checks. If they want to verify documents, conduct police check or how much work he has done, 5 months is enough. Its not only one college/uni. there are applications from different colleges or unis pending since last oct.

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Which number did you send Fax?Can you give me that number please?

dreamz

Post by dreamz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Biswanath wrote:Which number did you send Fax?Can you give me that number please?
I dnt know the number. bec it ws not me who send them fax. i ll ask my friend and will let u know.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:46 pm

Biswanath wrote:I phoned to UKBA yesterday regarding the progress of my application. They answered the same like before which is "your application is waiting for consideration."I have asked them about the deadline of the processing of application.They said they do not know anything how long the processing will take.Surprisingly enough,why they are not processing the pending applications (last Oct/Nov) yet?I have asked this question to Frontier Mole,Pure_soul but nobody answered.They should answer.What is the point of using this forum.In addition, a number of applicants have asked the same question repeated times.But No answer!!!!!!!!!!!
I can undersatand ur frustration mate.
Its just that once Tier 4 is in place, students who don't have a strong appeal case won't have the option of applying again on a PGD/PGC even if they have a valid visa. So basically they will have to continue studies and won't come out in the job market. Secondly more
students will be facing a situation where they will have to return back home to apply for a new student visa if their PSW is refused+appeal is also refused and their visa has run out already.

Current goals:
Lowering the number of migrants in the country
Improving employment ratio for british people via strict rules for students and work permit routes i.e. HSMP only for Masters degree+£20000.

Cheers

Biswanath

Post by Biswanath » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Hello Pure_Soul, thanks for your reply.Do you think HO will start sending passport of pending applications (Oct/Nov,2008) after 31st of March 2009? Last week my friend received his passport with visa stamp on it.It was under transitional and he finished his course from LCMIT a year ago.HO is clearing transitional at the moment irrespective of college or university. Your meticulous and warm-hearted help will be greatly appreciated.Regards.

pure_soul

Post by pure_soul » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:10 pm

[quote="Biswanath"]Do you think HO will start sending passport of pending applications (Oct/Nov,2008) after 31st of March 2009? quote]

Yes.
Hope you understand there are hundreds of cases in this backlog and it can take upto 2 to 3 months before every1 gets their passports back. I have already mentioned the reasons for the Sep/Oct/Nov backlog in an earlier post.

Sorry mate you wanted to hear the truth. Thats why sometimes its better to just wait patiently and not know about certain things in life. Biswanath you do ask alot of questions. Dont you?

Cheers