ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Documents Required List For Married

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

extrovert

Naturalisation Documents Required List For Married

Post by extrovert » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 am

Hi All

I have read almost 50 posts on the forum with naturalisation queries but couldn't find any comprehensive list of documents required for naturalisation apllication specifically for Married applicatnts who are applying under three years residency rules.

I am requesting the moderators to put a list on a post and pin it that will help many like myself as well as save time of many experienced members by reducing number of basic questions they answer.

Could anyone answer some of my following queries please. I might be asking very basic questions but its just to avoid any mistakes.

q1. How can I prove that I were present in the UK three years ago from the date of my naturalisation application.

q2. I have my passport showing the entry stamp at Manchester airport on 18/03/06 what other documents could I provide. Do I need to go through all my old documents and find my bank statements etc.

q3. how can other documents prove that I were present in the UK.

q4 Do I need to get a letter from my employer/university that I was working in that month or enrolled on a course. But will that not show the month/year I worked or studied etc instead of the dates.

I will be thankfull for your help.

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

extrovert

Post by extrovert » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Hi Vinny, Thanks for your reply. I have already booked my appointment with NCS as you suggested.

From the link you provided I understand that I will need to provide the following documents
* my passport;
* my photo driving licence; or
* bank, building society or credit card statements issued to you in the last six months.
and in addition to my application based on married to BC

I need to provide my passport showing permission to remain in the United Kingdom permanently(ILR)

* my partner's passport or birth certificate; and
* my marriage or civil partnership certificate.

Would you recomend any further documents to take with me? Do I need to provide a letter from my emplyer stating my employment status and a letter from my university showing that I were enrolled in a post graduate course from 2005-2007.

Many thanks for your help and I will look forward for your reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:45 pm

It shouldn't do any harm to provide more documents than may be needed.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.