ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMPnonJR extension apply 2 months and 14 days before expire

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

HSMPnonJR extension apply 2 months and 14 days before expire

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Dear all,

So far I have heard one person has extended his visa (non JR to T1) 3 months before visa expire and he got the visa stamped right after his visa expire.

And I also heard people said we can extend visa within 3 months before current visa expire without the need to provide the reason why extend earlier.

Although I planned to extend my visa 6 weeks before my current visa expire, I really want to do it as early as possible (2 months and 14 days before expire date). So I can get one more chance to re submit my application if it is reject (don't really want to say it though).

Please advice if I can get 3 year extension start date right after my current visa expire date if I apply it 2 months and 14 days before expire date?

Thanks in adv.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:00 pm

You can apply 3 months early. Rather its better for you to apply early, considering the long waiting/processing time. I have sent my application 6 weeks before my visa expiring and its now start of 8th week and I haven't got my passports back.
Thinking low is crime....

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks man,

I also desperately want to know whether HO can grant me visa started right after the date my current visa expire if I apply 2 and half months earlier? If not, I would rather to wait until 6 weeks before my visa expire.

Please anyone kindly give me the answer.

Don't worry T_mahmood, you would get it next week. I heard the average time now is about 7 week. Best wishes man.

God knows how long it will take for applicants who apply in March 2009, I guess the amount of applicants would double this month. So if I apply at the end of this month, it could take even more than 8 weeks!!! Correct me if I am wrong.

T_mahmood wrote:You can apply 3 months early. Rather its better for you to apply early, considering the long waiting/processing time. I have sent my application 6 weeks before my visa expiring and its now start of 8th week and I haven't got my passports back.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:21 pm

your visa will be granted from the application date not the visa expiry date

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Hi tapindersingh,

Thank you for your info.

But are you sure about that. I read different posts, for example people applied 5 months before the expire date but the date granted on the approve date not application date.

Maybe I am confused about the different terms. From what I understand now is that
the application date is the date I submit the visa application.
the approve date is the date the visa is granted.
tapindersingh wrote:your visa will be granted from the application date not the visa expiry date

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:30 am

I decided to submit earlier (within two and half months). I will post the result here so that everyone in the future will be clearer about the fact.

But based on experience, can anyone tell me that what is the most possible date the visa will be stamped:

1. Application Date?
2. Visa approve Date?
3. Right after current visa expire date?

Personally, I am thinking the No.2 will be most possible way.

Anyway, any hints will be most appreciated.

Thanks guys
Last edited by HSMPnonJRtoT1 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:57 am

2. Visa approve Date?

Your new visa will be from VISA APPROVE DATE not the application date.

its definitely not from your current visa expiry date, I am 100% sure about that....

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:25 am

tapindersingh wrote:2. Visa approve Date?

Your new visa will be from VISA APPROVE DATE not the application date.

its definitely not from your current visa expiry date, I am 100% sure about that....
Can you cite reference to any official document/guidance which says so?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

HSMPnonJRtoT1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by HSMPnonJRtoT1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:44 pm

Dear All,

Got my visa today, it took 5 weeks.

I can confirm that you can apply in 3 months before you visa expire. My visa is granted 3 years plus 1 month and 3 weeks.

Cheers guys.

Good luck to you all.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:32 pm

HSMPnonJRtoT1 wrote:Dear All,

Got my visa today, it took 5 weeks.

I can confirm that you can apply in 3 months before you visa expire. My visa is granted 3 years plus 1 month and 3 weeks.

Cheers guys.

Good luck to you all.
thats great buddy. thanks for that. U have cleared many queries...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================