ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:15 pm

O I can see your happiness reflect outta the browser :) well done Pahadia, thanks for keeping all of us in loop. Now have u picked on OIrish accent yet ;) ?

crown

Post by crown » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:40 pm

cnu wrote:O I can see your happiness reflect outta the browser :) well done Pahadia, thanks for keeping all of us in loop. Now have u picked on OIrish accent yet ;) ?
Please check this report out on the Irish immigration system

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 48288.html

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:26 pm

Cograts to all who got through the system. I'm very confused as to how the applications are being processed now. I applied in May 2006 and the last time I rang which was on 9th Feb, the lady said that it is still with Gardai and that I should not worry as I'm reaching the end of the process. She also advised me not to ring every week but to try again in a month time which I tried to do on Tuedsay 10th March but the line was ringing busy all the times. Though I managed to get through at around 12:25 that day I was kept waiting on the line for about 20 mins before abandoning.

They asked me for affidavit, marriage & birth certs back in Oct 2008. At one point a lady told me that my application was sent to the Gardai in Sept 2008 and it might take 5-6 months. One of my wife's colleagues applied after me (Dec 2006) and sent his affidavit etc after me as well and he got the confirmation letter about 2 weeks ago.

I'm just wondering if my case is taking longer because I've moved quite a few times? Shall make a request in writing and to who?

I applied on the basis of 5 years reckonable service on the work authorisation scheme in the ICT sector.

Good luck to all.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:51 pm

crown wrote:
cnu wrote:O I can see your happiness reflect outta the browser :) well done Pahadia, thanks for keeping all of us in loop. Now have u picked on OIrish accent yet ;) ?

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:9w ... k&gl=ie#91

link for the full report

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:18 pm

jhbmike wrote:
crown wrote:

link for the full report

Excellent links! Thank you guys! This is the piece that struck me the most:

One particular reason given for refusal that is not presented at the outset of the application or is published on any INIS resources is the accessing of public funds via the social welfare system. CMP maintains that it is a person’s right to access social protection. This right is provided to many people in Ireland and protected by law created by the Oireachtas if they have an entitlement to do so. That accessing this right provided for in domestic legislation should disqualify someone from Irish citizenship is at odds with any sense of justice, fairness and respect for rights. It is also important to note that access to the right to social protection has been significantly restricted since the introduction of the Habitual Residence Condition in 2004.
[...]
Accessing one’s right to social protection is an unjust reason for refusing a person citizenship. Along with specific qualifying conditions for each type of payment social welfare payments can only be granted if the person has satisfied the habitual residencecondition or if he/she has contributed considerably to the social insurance system and thus is eligible for a contribution based payment. It is also worth noting that a person will not be entitled to jobseekers allowance or benefit unless he/she is actively seeking employment. The Social Welfare system has its own checks and balances in place to ensure that those who receive a payment are entitled to the payment. The Immigration system undermines the validity of such checks and balances by the refusing citizenship to people who have accessed their right to social protection.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to give an update re the following:
LuasPassenger wrote:I just got today a letter from INIS asking for my Current Tax Certificate.

I sent my tax documents when they were requested in September 08.

Has anybody received the same/similar letter?

Are they asking for a "tax update"?
AND:
LuasPassenger wrote:
tiggs wrote:Hi LP,
My time line is similar to yours... sent additional documents around same time.. haven't heard anything since and if i called(in Jan 09/Feb09) they told me no additional documents required.
Did u send last copy as registered post? most possibly, if so... ask them on Tuesday what is happening there.
Best of luck...
Regards
Tiggs
I sent them by registered post and made photocopies actually. But when I read the photocopies again, I realised that I sent my tax assessments for 2006 and 2007 because at that time, INIS requested my tax assessments for 2007. In the letter I got today it requests my "current tax clearance certificate".

What I think happened is that probably they finally got my Gardai clearance. So, somebody was just checking the whole file again and of course, since some time has passed since September 2008, they probably want to get an "update" from my tax affairs.

Anyway, I just sent my request to Revenue for my tax certficiate.

Hopefully this will be the last requirement! The weird thing is that the last time I rang INIS (about two weeks ago), I asked them if they were expecting more documents from me and they said "No".

LP

Yesterday I received my Tax Clearance Certificate. It's basically a letter from Revenue saying that my tax affairs are in order. I made photocopies and I sent a copy of the certificate to INIS this morning by Registered post.

Hopefully this is the last requirement for the approval of my application.

Thanks,
LP

crown

Post by crown » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:11 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
jhbmike wrote:
crown wrote:

link for the full report

Excellent links! Thank you guys! This is the piece that struck me the most:

One particular reason given for refusal that is not presented at the outset of the application or is published on any INIS resources is the accessing of public funds via the social welfare system. CMP maintains that it is a person’s right to access social protection. This right is provided to many people in Ireland and protected by law created by the Oireachtas if they have an entitlement to do so. That accessing this right provided for in domestic legislation should disqualify someone from Irish citizenship is at odds with any sense of justice, fairness and respect for rights. It is also important to note that access to the right to social protection has been significantly restricted since the introduction of the Habitual Residence Condition in 2004.
[...]
Accessing one’s right to social protection is an unjust reason for refusing a person citizenship. Along with specific qualifying conditions for each type of payment social welfare payments can only be granted if the person has satisfied the habitual residencecondition or if he/she has contributed considerably to the social insurance system and thus is eligible for a contribution based payment. It is also worth noting that a person will not be entitled to jobseekers allowance or benefit unless he/she is actively seeking employment. The Social Welfare system has its own checks and balances in place to ensure that those who receive a payment are entitled to the payment. The Immigration system undermines the validity of such checks and balances by the refusing citizenship to people who have accessed their right to social protection.
LuasPassenger/jhbmike,
Interesting read
Thanks for adding this

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:08 pm

come to think of it if there are roughly 167,00 applicants for naturalisation(correct me if im wrong) if they just approve them all that would be great for economy whooping 950 euros each applicant....whatta load of money for the economy :twisted:

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:42 pm

nicepecsigot wrote:come to think of it if there are roughly 167,00 applicants for naturalisation(correct me if im wrong) if they just approve them all that would be great for economy whooping 950 euros each applicant....whatta load of money for the economy :twisted:
Yeah i like the idea

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

there are only 16,771 applications to be processed. Yeah gives short term gain of euro 15932450, god forbid if they all went to dole it will be disaster. Hopefully there are we can see 4 applicaitions are processed this month(from the postings from the users) four more cleared in front of us. :D

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:14 am

anotherimmigrant Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:42 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nicepecsigot wrote:
come to think of it if there are roughly 167,00 applicants for naturalisation(correct me if im wrong) if they just approve them all that would be great for economy whooping 950 euros each applicant....whatta load of money for the economy

Yeah i like the idea

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

there are only 16,771 applications to be processed. Yeah gives short term gain of euro 15932450, god forbid if they all went to dole it will be disaster. Hopefully there are we can see 4 applicaitions are processed this month(from the postings from the users) four more cleared in front of us.

I dont think that can be done coz the minister wants all applications to be cleared in so called chronological ordered ha ha

NearlyIrish

Anyone who has applied around May- June 2006 & still wai

Post by NearlyIrish » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Folks,

Anyone out here who made an application around May - June 2006 and still waiting pls?

INIS states that the average time from application to decision is now at 23 months and that more complicated cases can at times take more than the current average while an element of straight forward cases are now being dealt with in less than that time scale.

Mine has been in the pipeline for nearly 32 months which is way above the avg. processing time mentioned above and this leads me to believe that my case is somehow complicated but whenever I ask INIS I'm told that my case is still awaiting Gardai clearance where there is a backlog.

Now I'm thinking if there is a backlog then it should affect everybody in the system not just a few people. Don't really know what's happening. Any help/guidance much appreciated.

Nehro
Ireland

Re: Anyone who has applied around May- June 2006 & still

Post by Nehro » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:07 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:Folks,

Anyone out here who made an application around May - June 2006 and still waiting pls?

INIS states that the average time from application to decision is now at 23 months and that more complicated cases can at times take more than the current average while an element of straight forward cases are now being dealt with in less than that time scale.

Mine has been in the pipeline for nearly 32 months which is way above the avg. processing time mentioned above and this leads me to believe that my case is somehow complicated but whenever I ask INIS I'm told that my case is still awaiting Gardai clearance where there is a backlog.

Now I'm thinking if there is a backlog then it should affect everybody in the system not just a few people. Don't really know what's happening. Any help/guidance much appreciated.
This is what I have been told by an Irish person knows some people in INIS: "they have minds of their own" meaning: nobody really knows what, how, why, and when they are doing things up there in INIS !!

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi NearlyIrish,

If you've got a day or two and not much else to do, you could read all of this thread.
It's probably the best source of information available on the subject and it will give you a better idea of what the "system" is really like.

A lot of people are in a similar situation (myself included).

Quite a lot of what the official websites, etc. say should not be taken too seriously, as you'll see from the thread...

tom4

Post by tom4 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:47 pm

aswadref wrote: I dont think that can be done coz the minister wants all applications to be cleared in so called chronological ordered ha ha
chronological? or chronic illogical? :lol:

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 pm

deleted
Last edited by another_immigrant on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 pm

I submitted an application at the end of August/beginning of September 2006. I got a letter requesting further documents this past September and shortly thereafter received a letter confirming the receipt of the requested documents.

I rang about two weeks ago and I was told that my file was currently with 'outside agencies' and perhaps more information would be available in 6 weeks' time. Whatever. I laughed to myself when the woman on the phone told me to 'Be patient. We haven't forgotten about you.' I think this is exactly the problem: nearly 50% of current applications are not on-site and are awaiting further processing by external agencies. I kinda suspect that they'd be delighted if this 50% would get lost/destroyed/burned in fire.

It seems like they've buried all applications made during the second-half of 2006. I haven't the first clue where they're getting 23 months as their average processing time. By this reckoning, our files, which are currently log-jammed in 'outside agencies,' should be putting a serious dent into this '23-month average.'

No doubt this backlog is the direct result of the suspension of all overtime for the Gardai. What's more, the pension levy won't spur worker productivity in any of the services involved. So I expect the real processing time (as opposed to this imaginary 23-month processing time) to push the 3 1/2 years mark.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Sideshowsue,
You are correct, there is something strange abt 2006 applications. Any made in 2007 n all are getting processed but 2006 seems to be either filed under ignore pile or something on the same lines. I have seen me friends who applied in mid or late 2007 getting their certs of naturalisation.
2006 applications seems to have gone into mystery hole....
regards
tiggs

interesting one:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0317/emigrants.html

Today is a big day for One who was also a Migrant....Happy St. Patricks day every one... Lets hope his might bring our applications in order :)

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:38 pm

sideshowsue wrote:

I submitted an application at the end of August/beginning of September 2006. I got a letter requesting further documents this past September and shortly thereafter received a letter confirming the receipt of the requested documents.

I rang about two weeks ago and I was told that my file was currently with 'outside agencies' and perhaps more information would be available in 6 weeks' time. Whatever. I laughed to myself when the woman on the phone told me to 'Be patient. We haven't forgotten about you.' I think this is exactly the problem: nearly 50% of current applications are not on-site and are awaiting further processing by external agencies. I kinda suspect that they'd be delighted if this 50% would get lost/destroyed/burned in fire.

It seems like they've buried all applications made during the second-half of 2006. I haven't the first clue where they're getting 23 months as their average processing time. By this reckoning, our files, which are currently log-jammed in 'outside agencies,' should be putting a serious dent into this '23-month average.'

No doubt this backlog is the direct result of the suspension of all overtime for the Gardai. What's more, the pension levy won't spur worker productivity in any of the services involved. So I expect the real processing time (as opposed to this imaginary 23-month processing time) to push the 3 1/2 years mark.

I have been told the exactly the same... It could be another 6 months to 1 year. That's exactly what the guy said to me on the phone. He said be patient. I said I've been waiting for already 31 months....

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 am

Thursday callers any luck today... i started dialing sharply at 10:00am but no luck just busy ring tone.
Regards
tiggs
In finally :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"and why they say they are processing July 2006 applications on automated answering machine... where as website is saying mid 2007???"
Last edited by tiggs on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:16 am

tiggs wrote:Thursday callers any luck today... i started dialing sharply at 10:00am but no luck just busy ring tone.
Regards
tiggs :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Got through, still waiting for a report. :roll:

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 am

Same for me. Rang busy at first. Tried about 10 times and then managed to get through the queue. Waited for 20 mins and got through to my surprise a very kind lady. I do not call that often but first time I felt like I was talking to a human being who has feelings. She told me that she cannot give specific details as they are not alllowed to do so anymore. She confirmed that there doesn't seem to be any complication with my application and they should shortly get in touch. All I can do is hail to the Lord almighty and fingers crossed :)

Actually my application has been in the pipeline for the past 35 months. :shock:

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:45 am

tom4 wrote:
tiggs wrote:Thursday callers any luck today... i started dialing sharply at 10:00am but no luck just busy ring tone.
Regards
tiggs :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Got through, still waiting for a report. :roll:
Tom I thought they told you last that your file had been sent already to the minister for approval

tom4

Post by tom4 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:49 am

jhbmike wrote:Tom I thought they told you last that your file had been sent already to the minister for approval
Ah, you spotted that too!
I thought I was going crazy for a minute.
They did in fact say that - not correct, it seems.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 am

Got a nice lady. She said they are waiting on Garda report and it may take 2 to 3 months.

I will check on this again probably in month or so.

Nanette

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:01 am

tom4 wrote:
jhbmike wrote:Tom I thought they told you last that your file had been sent already to the minister for approval
Ah, you spotted that too!
I thought I was going crazy for a minute.
They did in fact say that - not correct, it seems.
same thing happened to me