ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP to HSMP changes--Urgent Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Satya
Newly Registered

WP to HSMP changes--Urgent Help

Post by Satya » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi,

I came to UK on work permit sponsored by my employer.
My work permit has not yet expired. But in last couple of months I applied for HSMP and the application was processed successfully. Does it change my visa status to HSMP now. If my employer gets to know about this will I be facing any legal obligations? And how about the entry clearace.?

Any quick responses would be really appreciated

nksg

Post by nksg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:39 pm

thats correct.. your WP has stands cancelled after the issue (stamping) of T1 / HSMP visa...

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:28 pm

thats fine, there will be no legal obligations towards your employer, however, do let them know about this change.

push
United Kingdom

Re: WP to HSMP changes--Urgent Help

Post by push » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:01 pm

Satya wrote:Hi,

I came to UK on work permit sponsored by my employer.
My work permit has not yet expired. But in last couple of months I applied for HSMP and the application was processed successfully. Does it change my visa status to HSMP now. If my employer gets to know about this will I be facing any legal obligations? And how about the entry clearace.?

Any quick responses would be really appreciated
Can you provide some more details please? i.e. date HSMP applied/HSMP letter validity date? You are not on HSMP VISA/Tier-1 unless it is stamped on your Passport (has it been done?)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Satya
Newly Registered

Thank You

Post by Satya » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 am

Hi All,

Thanks alot for you replies.

Another quick one..Once your visa status changes from WP to HSMP do we become liable to pay any sought of taxes to UK govt.

smallick
Newly Registered

Re: Thank You

Post by smallick » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:26 am

Satya wrote:Hi All,

Thanks alot for you replies.

Another quick one..Once your visa status changes from WP to HSMP do we become liable to pay any sought of taxes to UK govt.
You have not answered whether your HSMP/Tier1 is stamped on your passport or not, as asked by Senior Member earlier. I also think that is a valid question.

Regarding tax, I am not sure what you meant exactly. I am also on WP currently, and allocated a tax code and I pay taxes. There is no seperate tax bracket for HSMP holders, it is same for all employed professionals.

Satya
Newly Registered

Post by Satya » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi Smallick,

My passport has been stamped with HSMP/Tier 1.

All I was trying to understand is that if there is a change in the Visa status are we/employer is payable for any kind of extra taxes??

As said before the change in my visa status has not been reported to my employer yet and before reporting I wanted to make sure will this change have any major impact on my employer/me.

Thanks,
Satya

smallick
Newly Registered

Post by smallick » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Satya wrote:Hi Smallick,

My passport has been stamped with HSMP/Tier 1.

All I was trying to understand is that if there is a change in the Visa status are we/employer is payable for any kind of extra taxes??

As said before the change in my visa status has not been reported to my employer yet and before reporting I wanted to make sure will this change have any major impact on my employer/me.

Thanks,
Satya
This depends on the current arrangement you are in with your employer. Like if you receive allowance from your employer which is non-taxable, then there is an impact with change in your visa status. I am saying this, because an employer can transfer employee on secondment and keep him/her on allowance for 2 years. However, if you are a UK salaried employee, then there is no impact at all. This is what I know.

However, please check with senior members as well.