ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Contractor - HSMP Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

schindler

Re: R U doing another job besides showing yourself IT contra

Post by schindler » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 am

inlondon2005 wrote:Q/-schindler R U doing another job besides showing yourself IT contractor?

I am asking just because thou you want to be Employed not self-employed using PAYE format (do u have) to declare your NI No as you work for some company who pay you the salary which is below the salary you require to claim the earning points and you with the help of your Accountant formed a Company and bank account to pay yourself the rest of your required income as salary using same NI No.

Just want to know. if yes when did you made your company and open the business bank account? do clients make payments in to your company account through DD or cheques?
No sire.I don'nt work other than my IT contracting Job,neither do I use my NI no for purposes as told by you.I earn sufficient money required for the 45 points to be claimed for my extension application through my contracting Jobs.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:21 pm

All,
See below for the reponse from UKBA, about my query on Employed/Self Employed
====================================================================

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The onus is on the applicant to decide whether they are self employed or employed by a employer.

If you need further assistance in this matter you may wish to consult the Immigration Advisory Service the telephone number is 0844 974 4000.

Yours faithfully,

ABC.......................
Immigration Group
UK Border Agency

If you intend to reply to this e-mail please ensure that you re-send all the information from your original enquiry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: 01 February 2009 22:30
To: IND Public Enquiries
Subject: Query for Tier 1(General) Application for HSMP Extension

Dear Sir or Madam,

I have a query about employment status, as listed in the application form

B26. The applicant should indicate whether they consider themselves to be employed or self-employed:

Employed
Self-employed
Other (eg. students)

I am working through my own limited liability company i.e. I am a share-holder in the company. I am also the company director and responsible for the day to day management of this company. I get paid from this company by means of a salary and a dividend.

For the purpose of this application, what should I select in the above question?

Am I Employed or Self Employed?

Thanks in advance for your help.

NNJ10

rubal
Newly Registered

Advice sought if you got your visa

Post by rubal » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Hi,
I read your posts regarding employment status.i am in same boat,I hope you must have applied for extension.If you have received your visa then can u just tell me if you showed yourself as salaried or self employed And which documents did you show to claim points for earning.

Your reply will be of great help to me or others in same situation.

Thanks,
Rubal

schindler

Re: Advice sought if you got your visa

Post by schindler » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:22 am

rubal wrote:Hi,
I read your posts regarding employment status.i am in same boat,I hope you must have applied for extension.If you have received your visa then can u just tell me if you showed yourself as salaried or self employed And which documents did you show to claim points for earning.

Your reply will be of great help to me or others in same situation.

Thanks,
Rubal
Hi,
Just got my VISA for the next 3 years.I had declared myself as employed and had submitted from the usual bank statements,payslips,dividendvouchers,statement from accountant confirming my earnings as well as company related documents like tax returns,vat forms,company regsitration certificate,share certificates etc

sundarjp
Newly Registered

Payslip/ dividend vouchers

Post by sundarjp » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Friends,
I am planning to do my hsmp extension in two months time. I am Self employed having my limited company. I will be really greatful if you guys can tell me about the supporting documents to be provided. though it is given in their webiste, can you please confirm whether the following documents are good enough:
1. Business bank account statement
2. Personal bank statement
3. Dividend vouchers (Is there any particular format for it, the dividend vouchers does not have any signature or anything, please confirm).
4. I simply credit my salary from the business to personal bank account, i dont have pay slip.
5. Letter from my accountant
6. Invoice payment
7. contract original.

I would liek to get some advise regarding the pay slip and dividend vouchers. does dividend vouchers requrie any signatures?

Regards,
Sundar

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:34 am

Hi Sundarjp,
You have raised a very interesting question by asking

3. Dividend vouchers (Is there any particular format for it, the dividend vouchers does not have any signature or anything, please confirm).
My dividend voucher has the following information

1.Tax Voucher as its heading
2. company name along with its registered address
3. dividend payment date

4. Signature of my company secretary (in this case my spouse)
5. number of shares held : 1
6. Tax Credit : £ xxx
7. Dividend Payment £ XXX

8. My Name
9. My address
10. Dividend for the period ended 31st Dec 2008

11 .Stamp of my accountant

Can some one confirm whether this shud be fine or not?

Also Couple of my dividend payments happened in the month of march 09 However the divided still says 'Dividend for the period ended 31st December 2008' Is this gonna be a problem?

Cheers
Pg

sundarjp
Newly Registered

Post by sundarjp » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi,
I am self-employed.
I credit my monthly salary from my business account to my personal account and i dont have salary slip for each month. In that case, is it ok if i send monthly salary certified by my accountant.

If anyone has already got an extension, it will be helpful if you could post what are all the supporting documents you have used.

Regards,
Sundar

meguesswho
Newly Registered

Post by meguesswho » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,

Although I still have some time to apply for FLR, just wanted to confirm my scenario , I am contracting via Ltd Company and my accountant has suggested to pay minimum as salary i.e. (7K PA) and rest is paid out via monthly dividends. So was just wondering if Its fine to continue like this or should I raise my PAYE part to avoid FLR application issue?

Appreciate any input!

Many Thanks!

MS

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi PG,
My dividend voucher has the following information

1.Tax Voucher as its heading
2. company name along with its registered address
3. dividend payment date

4. Signature of my company secretary (in this case my spouse)
5. number of shares held : 1
6. Tax Credit : £ xxx
7. Dividend Payment £ XXX

8. My Name
9. My address
10. Dividend for the period ended 31st Dec 2008

11 .Stamp of my accountant

Can some one confirm whether this shud be fine or not?

Also Couple of my dividend payments happened in the month of march 09 However the divided still says 'Dividend for the period ended 31st December 2008' Is this gonna be a problem?

Cheers
Pg
I suggest you add a Gross Dividend figure as well (See guidance notes)
i.e 6+7 in your above example

asys
Newly Registered

Post by asys » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi,

Had a Question with regards to divdend vouchers does it need to have the accountant's signature ?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:48 pm

asys wrote:
Hi,

Had a Question with regards to divdend vouchers does it need to have the accountant's signature ?
No