ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundant Work Permit rights : Please reply ASAP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vmalik
Newly Registered

Redundant Work Permit rights : Please reply ASAP

Post by vmalik » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:38 pm

I am holding a Work permit and likely to redundant from my employer. I am just wondering what are the rights of the work permit holder while going through redundancy. Am I legally eligible to get relocation allowance from my company who sponsored my work permit? I have to relocate to my home country because legally I have to leave this country in around 28 days. I understand that I will get one month notice pay from my employer along with my years of service multiple by 350 GBP. Is it correct? Am I missing anything?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:08 pm

I don't think there are any "relocation rights". Check your employment contract to see if your employer has any contractual obligations.

Markie

Re: Redundant Work Permit rights : Please reply ASAP

Post by Markie » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 am

check your signed contract of employment and scrutinise it line by line.
vmalik wrote:I am holding a Work permit and likely to redundant from my employer. I am just wondering what are the rights of the work permit holder while going through redundancy. Am I legally eligible to get relocation allowance from my company who sponsored my work permit? I have to relocate to my home country because legally I have to leave this country in around 28 days. I understand that I will get one month notice pay from my employer along with my years of service multiple by 350 GBP. Is it correct? Am I missing anything?