ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Migrating to Australia - Skilled Independent Basic questions

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nair747
Newly Registered

Migrating to Australia - Skilled Independent Basic questions

Post by nair747 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:06 am

Greetings,

I have some basic questions about migration to australia.
Me and my wife are planning to migrate to australia from india. We both have engineering degree in Computer Science and are software programmers and we both can pass IELTS easily. I have 4.5 years of experience in .NET/C#(60 pointer). I am eligible using the points system.

0. What is the vis subclass / visa name for which i should apply? Is it Skilled –Independent(subclass 175)?
1. How much total visa fees do we need to deposit for filing both our application.
2. What is the step by step procedure for application for visa?
3. What all documents do we need to provide for visa application(is there a link available?)
4. Do we need to provide any proofs for sufficient funds with us (just like UK Tier 1)to the immigration department?
5.How much time will it take to process our visa ?
6.The pointer system will provide me 60 points for my C# skills.Usually companies provide experience letters, but they are not technology specific ones. How will I prove that I was working on C# in my current company?
7. I am planning to process the VISA online on my own. Is there any thing that i need to give special attention to which are like "common mistakes".

Any help will be appreciated!

thinker

Hi

Post by thinker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:37 am

If you are processing your visa, I suggest you look out for any step by step guide online.

Else you can browser this forum for your answer. Most of your questions are repeated in this forum.

fahad77

Post by fahad77 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:54 pm

nair747,

I'm also a .Net/C# Engineer applying for Australian immigration under skilled program (Skilled –Independent(subclass 175). Yes, there are lots of posts here where you can find answers to all of your questions especially look for posts by me and Kashif Amir.
First thing first you both need to go for an IELTS exam and for you, you should score atleast band score of 6 for each module. In the mean time apply for skill assesment, for that you would need experience letters from all of your employers, making sure they have mentioned your .Net experience as a full time employee. You can also find sample experience letters which I uploaded earlier.

imsocute
Newly Registered

immi.gov.au

Post by imsocute » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:20 pm

yes. the link to ur questions to be answered are all in this website:

www.immi.gov.au