ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application for Tier 1 partner

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peteandsoph
Newly Registered

Online application for Tier 1 partner

Post by peteandsoph » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:12 am

Hi guys!

I'm so hoping someone can help me here and I can avoid paying $9.90 for someone to fail to answer it at the BHC.

I am completing a Tier 1 General (HSMP Letter) Partner visa for my wife. I have hit questions 78 and 79 which ask whether I am employed and my wife is employed. Firstly, this has NOTHING to do with a Tier 1 application. The application then proceeds to ask all about our employers, start dates, etc.

The application is clearly going off on a tangent and is asking Tier 2 questions...

What do I say? If i say i'm unemployed I am lying as we are employed in Australia but if I say I am employed I have all these irrelevant questions on my application?!?!?!?!

I am sooooo over this process and the bloody FCO.

Thanks in advance for your help...

kasha
Newly Registered

Re: Online application for Tier 1 partner

Post by kasha » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 pm

peteandsoph wrote:Hi guys!

I'm so hoping someone can help me here and I can avoid paying $9.90 for someone to fail to answer it at the BHC.

I am completing a Tier 1 General (HSMP Letter) Partner visa for my wife. I have hit questions 78 and 79 which ask whether I am employed and my wife is employed. Firstly, this has NOTHING to do with a Tier 1 application. The application then proceeds to ask all about our employers, start dates, etc.

The application is clearly going off on a tangent and is asking Tier 2 questions...

What do I say? If i say i'm unemployed I am lying as we are employed in Australia but if I say I am employed I have all these irrelevant questions on my application?!?!?!?!

I am sooooo over this process and the bloody FCO.

Thanks in advance for your help...
Hi peteandsoph,

I am applying online from US and facing the exact same problem. I have just gone ahead and answered the questions to the best of my knowledge. In most places I have provided information about my US employer since that is true and I can provide supporting documents for the same. Further, I added some comments in the additional information section towards the end to clarify my answers.
Last problem I faced was having to pay the visa fee twice - for myself and my dependant .. even though we are applying together. We could not schedule our biometrics appointment without paying the visa fee. Do let me know if you get any information on this.

barbaraf
Newly Registered

online application for tier 1 partner

Post by barbaraf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:11 pm

I had the same questions about the form. I filled them out as best I could and noted my confusion in the "other info" box. My appointment at the consulate is in three days. Since you posted your question in January, I assume you've gone through the process? How did it go? Those irrelevant questions (job start date, which you cannot respond to with n/a) unnerved me.