ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Maintenance Funds

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel2007
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Maintenance Funds

Post by Angel2007 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:17 am

Hi All,
Pls. help me. I'm in the process of applying for the Tier 1 visa and have got all documents ready apart from the maintenance. the issue i have is all the maintenance funds are in form of fixed deposits but the bank has provided me with a letter saying i could withdraw the capital amount at any given time subject to reduction in interest.
Also one of the fixed deposits i have is under my dad's name but i'm the soul nominee who could take that money, even for this bank is providing a letter clearly stating all these.
Will this be any issue?? There is more than 2800 pounds and maintained for more than 3 months.

Pls. help

anandsun

Post by anandsun » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Angel,
I am not too sure whether HO will accept joint accounts with parents. HO have been known to accept joint accounts with partners / spouses that too if they are included in your application (i think).

The money being in a fixed deposit in itself is not an issue if the bank can issue you a letter stating that you have had those funds for over 3 months and those can be withdrawn at any given time. The biggest hurdle I see is this is not your solo account.

Seniors may be able to suggest better though.

Regards,
Anand