ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cannot submit passport - Need passport to travel

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashokkru
Newly Registered

Cannot submit passport - Need passport to travel

Post by ashokkru » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:51 pm

HI

I am eligible for Tier 1. ( Score : 110 points.)

The only problem is that I am getting married in May(India) and I want to apply for visa in the month of March because of the recent changes.

Please let me know - Can I submit my application without my original passport.

I dont want to take the risk of sending my passport for visa and not be able to travel to India(in May)

Appreciate appropriate reply
Last edited by ashokkru on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Cannot submit passport - Need passport to travel

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:10 pm

ashokkru wrote:HI

I am eligible to apply Tier 1.
I get 110 points.

The only problem is that I am getting married in May and I want to apply to apply for visa in the month of march.

Please let me know - whether can i submit my application without my original passport.

With the new rules comming in, its better for you to apply ASAP and with your application attach UT (urgent treatment) with proofs and usually within 6-8weeks the approval/result is given so with UT it shd be quick even if the result dont come u can withdraw ur application just 2weeks before ur travel date

so choice is urs

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Re: Cannot submit passport - Need passport to travel

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:24 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
ashokkru wrote:HI

I am eligible to apply Tier 1.
I get 110 points.

The only problem is that I am getting married in May and I want to apply to apply for visa in the month of march.

Please let me know - whether can i submit my application without my original passport.

With the new rules comming in, its better for you to apply ASAP and with your application attach UT (urgent treatment) with proofs and usually within 6-8weeks the approval/result is given so with UT it shd be quick even if the result dont come u can withdraw ur application just 2weeks before ur travel date

so choice is urs
Agree with tvn_ramesh!

No, you cannot submit the application without passport.

ashokkru
Newly Registered

Post by ashokkru » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 am

Thanks Ramesh and hsmp28122006

Further to my query
What happens to the application status when I ask my passport back?
- e.g. if the application is not approved - will they return my passport and close the application or will it still be open so that I can send the passport when I come back.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:56 pm

ashokkru wrote:Thanks Ramesh and hsmp28122006

Further to my query
- e.g. if the application is not approved - will they return my passport and close the application or will it still be open so that I can send the passport when I come back.
i "think" the case will be closed without any decision and if you want to re-apply on ur return, u need to go through FEE and applicataion process??

please check with other seniors on the board..

barbaraf
Newly Registered

need passport to travel

Post by barbaraf » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:16 pm

My husband had a similar problem. He's an American citizen living in Prague, and the embassy here issued him a second passport so he could submit his original with the application.

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:57 pm

I dont think UKBA will issue back your passport without closing the file.. Only option with you have, is to witdraw your application and in that case you will loose your application fees.. this has been tested by one of my friends.. as he had to travel back after he filed application (family emergency).... he requested for witdrawl (only optin left).. but in his case application was considered urgently and approved within 4 working days..

you can try your luck if you are 100% sure that your application is straight forward.

all the best..

(PS: This is just an advice based on personal experiance of a friend and case varies person to person)

Further to my query

maheshnair
BANNED

dont try urgent forms

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:44 am

nksg wrote:I dont think UKBA will issue back your passport without closing the file.. Only option with you have, is to witdraw your application and in that case you will loose your application fees.. this has been tested by one of my friends.. as he had to travel back after he filed application (family emergency).... he requested for witdrawl (only optin left).. but in his case application was considered urgently and approved within 4 working days..

you can try your luck if you are 100% sure that your application is straight forward.

all the best..

(PS: This is just an advice based on personal experiance of a friend and case varies person to person)

Further to my query

Hi Guys ,

My only advice is dont send urgent form if it is fake request . i know 80 % of the people put fake request to get the approval quick .

Last time a friend of mine put an urgent form requesting he needs to go to india urgently and when he got it approved . He did not go anywhere .

It will create a mess at the HO and affects all other applicants .

So if you guys are doing so just to get the approval faster would suggest to please refrain .

nksg

Re: dont try urgent forms

Post by nksg » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:18 am

Mahesh,

I really appericiate your point on "UT" but since you have quoted my post i would like to ask do you really think the reason family emergency is fake? i hate to say this but in my mate's case his mother was very ill and finally she expired.. and he had to go to India urgently to perform last richuals.. he requested to withdraw his application but instead his application was approved in record time.. (its just an example). I am triyng to say if you have genuane reason and enough evidance please let UKBA know with evidance and let them decide. In this case the guy has a genuane reason (wedding) and once he files his application and requests for UT with some evidance, his application is eligible..

i am not really sure how your friend got away with it.. without any evidance.. but to what i know they usually ask for the tickets or other proof in support before they decide to consider as UT (again depends on case worker).

Regards,

NK
maheshnair wrote:
nksg wrote:I dont think UKBA will issue back your passport without closing the file.. Only option with you have, is to witdraw your application and in that case you will loose your application fees.. this has been tested by one of my friends.. as he had to travel back after he filed application (family emergency).... he requested for witdrawl (only optin left).. but in his case application was considered urgently and approved within 4 working days..

all the best..

Further to my query

Hi Guys ,

My only advice is dont send urgent form if it is fake request . i know 80 % of the people put fake request to get the approval quick .

Last time a friend of mine put an urgent form requesting he needs to go to india urgently and when he got it approved . He did not go anywhere .

So if you guys are doing so just to get the approval faster would suggest to please refrain .

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: dont try urgent forms

Post by maheshnair » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:43 am

nksg wrote:Mahesh,

I really appericiate your point on "UT" but since you have quoted my post i would like to ask do you really think the reason family emergency is fake? i hate to say this but in my mate's case his mother was very ill and finally she expired.. and he had to go to India urgently to perform last richuals.. he requested to withdraw his application but instead his application was approved in record time.. (its just an example). I am triyng to say if you have genuane reason and enough evidance please let UKBA know with evidance and let them decide. In this case the guy has a genuane reason (wedding) and once he files his application and requests for UT with some evidance, his application is eligible..

i am not really sure how your friend got away with it.. without any evidance.. but to what i know they usually ask for the tickets or other proof in support before they decide to consider as UT (again depends on case worker).

Regards,

NK
maheshnair wrote:

all the best..

Further to my query

Hi Guys ,

Hi nksg ,

I am sorry if i meant in general .
what i was saying is some of them doing this just to get a early approval . My friends are the biggest proofs . They just booked tickets and cancelled it .

If it is really genuine , i 100 % support them .

what i was telling is , if it is not . Just to refrain .

claytoncrabtree
Newly Registered

Post by claytoncrabtree » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 am

I recieved this email on Thursday last week from H.O.
Note it says they are not offering urgent treatment:

Due to a recent large increase in the number of HSMP applications received, we are currently unable to offer an urgent service or progress updates.
We will keep this situation under regular review. Please note that your email will not be actioned and you should refer to our website www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk for further updates.