ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Letter for Medium of Instruc Periyar University Salem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daddul
Newly Registered

Urgent Letter for Medium of Instruc Periyar University Salem

Post by daddul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:17 pm

Hi All,
I was a student in Periyar university salem , i too am applying for tier-1 , and i have no time to get a letter from our univ for medium of instruction in english.

I plead with you all to share the copy of the letter you have recieved from our university to speciy that medium of instruction was english.

I request you to send me a scanned copy of the letter. This is very important to me, as i have to file for tier-1 by april 1. Please help

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi,

This letter is not required. Periyar University is available in the UK NARIC database. Just attach the online PBS calculator.

Cheers

daddul
Newly Registered

Post by daddul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Tier1_Bristol wrote:Hi,

this letter is not required. Periyar University is available in the UK NARIC database. Just attach the online PBS calculator.

Cheers
Hi Bristol,
Thanks Bristol. Are you sure about this, i went to a consultancy for filing my tier-1 , since i dont have this doc, they said its necessary.

Anyone from Periyar Univ pls advice .

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:06 pm

daddul wrote:

this letter is not required. Periyar University is available in the UK NARIC database. Just attach the online PBS calculator.

Cheers
Hi Bristol,
Thanks Bristol. Are you sure about this, i went to a consultancy for filing my tier-1 , since i dont have this doc, they said its necessary.

Hi Daddul,
Yes, I am 100% sure about it. Pls. read the guidance for English requirement. You can verify and confirm it. I am not sure why consultancies are requesting for this. I applied from India recently - Chennai and I am from Periyar Universtity. I didnt attach this document. I got my visa without any issues in just 8 days.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Cheers
Gita

daddul
Newly Registered

Post by daddul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Tier1_Bristol wrote:
daddul wrote:

Cheers
Hi Bristol,

Hi Daddul,
Yes, I am 100% sure about it. Pls. read the guidance for English requirement. You can verify and confirm it. I am not sure why consultancies are requesting for this. I applied from India recently - Chennai and I am from Periyar Universtity. I didnt attach this document. I got my visa without any issues in just 8 days.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Cheers
Gita
Thank you for your timely response Bristol, Can you please send me across a sample covering letter, for your tier-1 application and did you make any specific mention about English language requirement fulfilment in your covering letter. I have all other docs with me except this one. I am having cold feet because of this. Kindly help

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:29 pm

Please read policy guidelines...You will find that english language requiremnet is not there any more..You just need to enter your details in "on line calulator" on the website .it will show wheather your university is in the list or not..If its in the list,just take a print out and attach it with your application..Done!!

daddul
Newly Registered

Post by daddul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Thank you , for your response. This elivates my confidence in my documentation.

Should i specifically mention about english language requirement fuilfilment in my covering letter?.

Kindly suggest.

ashishashah wrote:Please read policy guidelines...You will find that english language requiremnet is not there any more..You just need to enter your details in "on line calulator" on the website .it will show wheather your university is in the list or not..If its in the list,just take a print out and attach it with your application..Done!!

ssuresh83

Post by ssuresh83 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm

where are you now located?? , since your university is in self assessment calc , u will be awarded points.
Suresh S

daddul
Newly Registered

Post by daddul » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Thank you suresh.

Can anybody give me a checklist of all the documents that are required for filing a tier-1 & some covering letters , with how to handle this language requirement fulfilment?. Please help

ssuresh83 wrote:where are you now located?? , since your university is in self assessment calc , u will be awarded points.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:12 pm

daddul wrote:Thank you suresh.

Can anybody give me a checklist of all the documents that are required for filing a tier-1 & some covering letters , with how to handle this language requirement fulfilment?. Please help

ssuresh83 wrote:where are you now located?? , since your university is in self assessment calc , u will be awarded points.
Dude, why are stressing on this "how to handle this language requirement fulfilment" again and again?

I doubt seriously whether you have read guidelines ukba site? Pls. dont and dont bother about the covering letters. Covering letters are required only - ONLY - when you have something to explain them clearly. Else if its simple and straightforward (like in your case for English Requirement), pls dont provide the covering letter for this. Unnecessary documents/covering letters will delay the process and irritate the case worker.

Cheers
Gita

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:08 pm

ashishashah wrote:Please read policy guidelines...You will find that english language requiremnet is not there any more..You just need to enter your details in "on line calulator" on the website .it will show wheather your university is in the list or not..If its in the list,just take a print out and attach it with your application..Done!!
It is a bit misleading to say that english language requirement is not there any more.

English language requirement is very much in place and one needs to score 10 points in order to qualify. Its just that you dont have to (infact you can not) get a certificate from your University* to show that the course was taught in English. The online calculator has a separate section for English Skills points and if your course/institution/university is listed there and the calculator awards you 10 points then you dont have to write the tests.

* You could still do it if you satisfied the following:
The Degree you hold has been taught in English to a standard comparable to that of level C1 on the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR). Details can be found on the Council of Europe website at http://www.coe.int/t/dg4/linguistic/CADRE_EN.asp.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

mayurkale1
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Letter for Medium of Instruc Periyar University S

Post by mayurkale1 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 pm

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ID I WILL SEND YOU ONE CANDIDATE LETTER

MAYURKALE1@GMAIL.COM