ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uregnt Help needed - apllying for Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

destiniation_london

Uregnt Help needed - apllying for Tier 1

Post by destiniation_london » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:30 pm

Hello All,

I have been following this forum for quite a while now and am totally impressed with the responses and the help extended by members to fellow Tier 1 aspirants. As all of us are aware, there are proposed changes in Tier 1 from april, hence I am planning to apply for my Tier 1 in a couple of days time. I was filling application form and came across the following doubts. I would really appreciate if some one can please please get them clarify as early as possible.

Before that, let me give you brief background about my situation:

I came to UK on september, 2006 on a wrokpermit. I had my workpermit extended for a year in august,2007 and finally i had a change of employment in August,2008. So, currently I am on a work permit which is valid till 2011.

Below are the list of doubts: sorry for being it lengthy, but i thought i should put it all together instead of creating multiple pthreads.

If, for any reasons, my Tier 1 application gets rejected. Will it affect my existing work permit validity?

In the payment section of application form, it asks for HO reference number.Does any body have any idea what that number is and where can i find it on my WP or visa?

There is a question about Worker Reference number. Is that the permit number on the initial WP issued in 2006 (number starts with 'F') or the number on my extended WP's. (number starts with 'D0')

Entery clearance visa number - is this the number on the right hand side (9 digits in red) of the visa stamped in 2006 or any other number?

do you think we need to fill in the travel booking reference number, if we are sending our passport along with the form.

this may be very very dumb question, should we put 'X' or just tick against the options.

Also, i have done my bachelor's of engineering in Information technology from Mumbai, India. should i choose Bachelors (ordinary) or bachelors (honours/special) on the points calculator?

Thanks a lot for reading through my questions, I would really appreciate your replies and any help.

Thanks in advance.

debz

Post by debz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:50 pm

I dont think that it will impact your existing WP at all..
If, for any reasons, my Tier 1 application gets rejected. Will it affect my existing work permit validity?
Leave it blank
In the payment section of application form, it asks for HO reference number.Does any body have any idea what that number is and where can i find it on my WP or visa?
This is the 'Worker Refence numner' appearing above the 'Date of Issue'
There is a question about Worker Reference number. Is that the permit number on the initial WP issued in 2006 (number starts with 'F') or the number on my extended WP's. (number starts with 'D0')
Yes.. but where are u planning to enter this?
Entery clearance visa number - is this the number on the right hand side (9 digits in red) of the visa stamped in 2006 or any other number?
'travel booking reference' not reqd as long as u send uor original passport
do you think we need to fill in the travel booking reference number, if we are sending our passport along with the form.
Put tick mark inside the box.
this may be very very dumb question, should we put 'X' or just tick against the options.
should be 'bachelors (honours/special)'..
Also, i have done my bachelor's of engineering in Information technology from Mumbai, India. should i choose Bachelors (ordinary) or bachelors (honours/special) on the points calculator?
hope u find my answers helpful.. all the best..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Uregnt Help needed - apllying for Tier 1

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:55 pm

destiniation_london wrote:If, for any reasons, my Tier 1 application gets rejected. Will it affect my existing work permit validity?
Rejection will not affect your existing work permit.
destiniation_london wrote: In the payment section of application form, it asks for HO reference number.Does any body have any idea what that number is and where can i find it on my WP or visa?
You can find this number on the letter received from HO along with your work permit.Alternatively, you can also use your current VISA no. found on the right hand corner of your passport stamp.
destiniation_london wrote:There is a question about Worker Reference number. Is that the permit number on the initial WP issued in 2006 (number starts with 'F') or the number on my extended WP's. (number starts with 'D0')
This should also be present in the Home Office Letter you might have received along with your WP. Alternatively, you can also use your current VISA no. found on the right hand corner of your passport stamp.
destiniation_london wrote:Entery clearance visa number - is this the number on the right hand side (9 digits in red) of the visa stamped in 2006 or any other number?
This Number can be found on the Top right corner of your EC Visa in your passport.
destiniation_london wrote:do you think we need to fill in the travel booking reference number, if we are sending our passport along with the form.
Yes you need to fill the details.
destiniation_london wrote:this may be very very dumb question, should we put 'X' or just tick against the options.
You can put anything you like.
destiniation_london wrote:Also, i have done my bachelor's of engineering in Information technology from Mumbai, India. should i choose Bachelors (ordinary) or bachelors (honours/special) on the points calculator?
B.E. from Indian University is equivalent to Bachlors(Honours) in UK as per NARIC.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:01 am

All,

I just identified some major problem in my application which will prevent me from applying till 23rd of March.

Mistakenly on 17th december, 2008 I withdrew amount due to which the balance in my account went just below 800£. The balance became above 800 on 23rd december. So, if we go by the policy guidelines, which says it should never be below 800 at any time in the last 3 months, I cannot apply till 23rd March. :(

My question here would be :

As my bank account statement date runs from 25th of each month. So, if I have to apply on 23rd or 24th, I would need to ask HSBC to provide bank statement on their company letter head from the last statement date till the application date (23/24th March).

Do you think it would be a problem to provide bank letter for just one month and bank statement for rest of the months?

Please help me in clearing this out..... i really need to apply before the April changes come into force.
Also, i am applying from In-country, do somebody know if we can post the application on saturday? Also, would saturday be counted as the application date or the following monday?

suds19

Post by suds19 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:15 pm

destiniation_london wrote: Do you think it would be a problem to provide bank letter for just one month and bank statement for rest of the months?
It should be okay but ensure you mention it on your cover letter.
Better why not ask HSBC to provide bank statements on their letterhead for the full period i.e. 23rd Dec to 23rd Mar because anyway you are requesting them for last month so two additional months won't be a problem for them?