ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying last week of March - Help on various queries pls...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Applying last week of March - Help on various queries pls...

Post by mithuchopra » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi all,

I have been folowing this forum for a couple of months now. Thanks to all the members for posting a great deal of information.

I hold a bachelors' degree B.E from Anna University and I am among those who are trying to get the Tier 1 application through before the new rules apply.

I'm currently in the UK on dependent visa and have to make my application from India. I started maintainng funds in my account from 24th Dec 08. So I am planning to get my bank statement as on 24 March 09 and apply from VFS-Chennai on 26th March 09

Please help me with the following queries:
1. HSBC bank is not ready to give me any letter for maintenance funds proof. I have original statements until Feb 09 and they have agreed to print and stamp the statement as on 24th march. Can I use the statements alone for maintenance funds proof?
2. My previous earnings period is March 08 to Feb 09 and my maintenance funds period is 24th Dec 08 to 24th March 09. Can I use the same set of bank statements as proof for both?
3. My surname was changed after my marriage. When I applied for the dependent visa last year, I had prepared an affidavit stating the two names refer to the same person. Can I use the same affidavit now?
Do I have to mention my previous name in the "Other Names you have been known by" section?
4. From my employer, I have got 12 months payslips attested, salary statement for 12 months, and a letter stating my current position and assurance of employment. Do I need to get anything else from them?
5. Anyone who has applied from VFS-Chennai, do I have to submit any additional documents? Or is there anything I need to be aware of pls?

Some of these questions have been answered in this forum previously, But as you see I'm going to be applying in the last few days, So I would like to double check with senior members pls.

Thank you all in advance.

Good luck to those awaiting results.

Warm Regards,
Mithu

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 am

HSBC bank is not ready to give me any letter for maintenance funds proof. I have original statements until Feb 09 and they have agreed to print and stamp the statement as on 24th march. Can I use the statements alone for maintenance funds proof?
Letter from Bank is mandatory. statements alone cannot be used for maintenance fund proof.
My previous earnings period is March 08 to Feb 09 and my maintenance funds period is 24th Dec 08 to 24th March 09. Can I use the same set of bank statements as proof for both?
Ideally you can use . i will suggest you to have 2 sets separately just for more clarity., IF u use just one set of statement use marker pen to highlight maintenance fund period.
From my employer, I have got 12 months payslips attested, salary statement for 12 months, and a letter stating my current position and assurance of employment. Do I need to get anything else from them?
More than enuf. But u may hv to submit ur offer letter from current and previous(if any) - Chennai VFs guy might ask these details.
Anyone who has applied from VFS-Chennai, do I have to submit any additional documents? Or is there anything I need to be aware of pls?
1. Form 16
2. Accomodation proof.
3. Ur CV
4.complete photo copy of all the docs.
the above mentioned r not mandatory. Still Vfs people might ask u to submit them.. They had asked me wen i submitted my application last year. All the best

vineet.b5

Post by vineet.b5 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:09 am

Its better to carry previous company offer letters and relieving letters.
Even vfs (BANGALORE) guy asked me to give Form-16 for three years and Insurance/Mutual funds of mine, if any.
Insurance/Mutual funds are not compulsory, but vfs person was asking for it. He told me it's just a supporting document.
It will be good if you carry all the above docs..

One of my friend submitted only Bank statements for three months (Maintenance Fund Claim period). He got the visa (Applied From VFS Bangalore). I think you can go ahead with bank statements for three years. But the statement should be as per guidance notes.. See extract from notes:

" i) statements covering the three month period immediately before the application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution’s name and logo;
transactions covering the three month period;
that there are enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate).
Only the most recent statement must be dated within one month of the date of application.
Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance page 35 of 49
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed."

suds19

Post by suds19 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 am

1. Bank statements alone are sufficient for maintenance fund proof. I got my Tier-1 visa from Chennai BHC using them only.

2. Single set of statement will hold good for both previous earning and MF evidence. Make sure you highlight this in cover letter and the statement cover both periods i.e. from Mar-08 till 24th Mar-09.

3. Offer Letters, Form-16s, Accommodation proof, CV are not required. Remember you have to satisfy the Assessing Officer and any additional unnecessary documents only adds confusion for him/her. If VFS guys refuse to accept your application, just ask them to give reason in writing.
I was politely asked by VFS Bangalore guy that if I have above documents then I can include them, which I didn't do.

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Applying last week of March - Help on various queries pl

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:31 am

mithuchopra wrote:Hi all,

I have been folowing this forum for a couple of months now. Thanks to all the members for posting a great deal of information.

I hold a bachelors' degree B.E from Anna University and I am among those who are trying to get the Tier 1 application through before the new rules apply.

I'm currently in the UK on dependent visa and have to make my application from India. I started maintainng funds in my account from 24th Dec 08. So I am planning to get my bank statement as on 24 March 09 and apply from VFS-Chennai on 26th March 09

Please help me with the following queries:
1. HSBC bank is not ready to give me any letter for maintenance funds proof. I have original statements until Feb 09 and they have agreed to print and stamp the statement as on 24th march. Can I use the statements alone for maintenance funds proof?
2. My previous earnings period is March 08 to Feb 09 and my maintenance funds period is 24th Dec 08 to 24th March 09. Can I use the same set of bank statements as proof for both?
3. My surname was changed after my marriage. When I applied for the dependent visa last year, I had prepared an affidavit stating the two names refer to the same person. Can I use the same affidavit now?
Do I have to mention my previous name in the "Other Names you have been known by" section?
4. From my employer, I have got 12 months payslips attested, salary statement for 12 months, and a letter stating my current position and assurance of employment. Do I need to get anything else from them?
5. Anyone who has applied from VFS-Chennai, do I have to submit any additional documents? Or is there anything I need to be aware of pls?

Some of these questions have been answered in this forum previously, But as you see I'm going to be applying in the last few days, So I would like to double check with senior members pls.

Thank you all in advance.

Good luck to those awaiting results.

Warm Regards,
Mithu
Hi Mithu

Have you got an appointment from Chennai VFS for the particular date or is it not necessary. We are planning to apply around the same time and wondering if we need to get an appointment...

Thanks
Vignezh.

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Thanks sv23367, vineet.b5 and suds19.

1. I spoke to HSBC bank again. But they say they can send me bank statments if I want but not letter... :(... I will try again on the 24th.. else I think I have to live with it.

2. My surname was changed after my marriage. When I applied for the dependent visa last year, I had prepared an affidavit stating the two names refer to the same person. Can I use the same affidavit now?

3. My qualification is included in the points based calculator NARIC database. Do I need a letter from the university? I would have anyways got it, but I now have no time. Is it ok to apply without a separate letter?

4. I will take all my previous and current emploment letters, thanks.

5. I have Form 16 for 2 years plus I have a P60 issued by my UK employer for the month of March 08. I'm not sure If I will be able to get the P60 for 2008-09 before I leave from UK. I will take whatever I have by then.

6. I agree that too many documents may cause unnecessary confusion. So I guess I will take all the additional documents suggested and submit whatever the VFS guys feel is appropriate. Any thoughts?

7. What date do I give as my expected travel date?? If I give something around 2-3 weeks from my application date, it would be after 1st of April - will this be a problem??

Thanks again for all the help!

@vignezh

yes I have booked an appointment for the 26th of March. I read somewhere in this forum that the VFS office is crowded and of course, considering the last week for old system, it would be better you too go with an appointment.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 pm

mithuchopra wrote:Thanks sv23367, vineet.b5 and suds19.

1. I spoke to HSBC bank again. But they say they can send me bank statments if I want but not letter... :(... I will try again on the 24th.. else I think I have to live with it.

2. My surname was changed after my marriage. When I applied for the dependent visa last year, I had prepared an affidavit stating the two names refer to the same person. Can I use the same affidavit now?

3. My qualification is included in the points based calculator NARIC database. Do I need a letter from the university? I would have anyways got it, but I now have no time. Is it ok to apply without a separate letter?

4. I will take all my previous and current emploment letters, thanks.

5. I have Form 16 for 2 years plus I have a P60 issued by my UK employer for the month of March 08. I'm not sure If I will be able to get the P60 for 2008-09 before I leave from UK. I will take whatever I have by then.

6. I agree that too many documents may cause unnecessary confusion. So I guess I will take all the additional documents suggested and submit whatever the VFS guys feel is appropriate. Any thoughts?

7. What date do I give as my expected travel date?? If I give something around 2-3 weeks from my application date, it would be after 1st of April - will this be a problem??

Thanks again for all the help!

@vignezh

yes I have booked an appointment for the 26th of March. I read somewhere in this forum that the VFS office is crowded and of course, considering the last week for old system, it would be better you too go with an appointment.
Hi ,

I was exactly in the same position as you. Was on a dependent visa in UK and working - Went to India and applied from Chennai VFS early this month and got visa in just 8 days, by God's grace.

1. No need for HSBC letter. Ensure that you take the statements from the bank. If it is printed on the letterhead from Bank, get it stamped. This will suffice. This is what I did.

2.Yes mention it in the Other Names section.
3.No letter is included. I didnt and I had no issue. Just attach the online printout.
4. Fine.
5. Pls. dont attach P60 or Form16 unless if it covers the complete period. I have friends who got rejected as they kept these documents as additional documents. As long as you have two evidence documents for earnings, you should be fine. I presume from your post that you have employer letter and the bank statements. This is more than enuf. DONT KEEP P60 if it doesnt cover the period that you are claiming.
6.No. Dont depend too much on what VFS folks are telling. They asked me keep the degree transcripts and they told it is mandatory. I had no clue why Chennai VFS asked for that. I told them they are NOT required as per guidance and I am not attaching it. Had no issues. So, they might be misleading. But the photographs were with incorrect background and so I took the photo in Chennai VFS and attached it.

7. I gave 3 weeks from the date of application and got it visa stamped from that date. Giving this date after 1st April is NOT AN ISSUE.

All the very best and let me know if you need any help.

Cheers
Gita

mithuchopra
Newly Registered

Post by mithuchopra » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks Gita!

That definitely helped.

I will fill in my application and get my covering letter for all your expert advice.