ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa from india to UK, why is the BHC so slow, advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

spouse visa from india to UK, why is the BHC so slow, advice

Post by SANCHADEV » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Dear All,

Initally My wife visa got refused etc.. then we appealed last year Ocotber, Since then nothing as they have 16 working weeks to give an answer.

However the Tribunal in Uk sent a notice to the BHC that by the 18th Feb 2009 you must either issue you the visa or Send documents for appeal , for the court here.

18th FEb 2009 passed nothing, then I get a letter copied to me from the Tribunal in UK sent to the British high commission India Mumbai, that you have failed to send the documents as stated on the 18th Feb 2009, so it seemt he British high commission dont give a damm about the law and rules it seems.

The Tribunal In UK have told them under the law you have broken and we want the documents if you are not going toissue the visa,

Also Tribunal In Uk have set a hearing date 30th April 2009, in UK which I will attend on behalf of my Wife, by the way I am british citizen. she is indian.

I cannot believe the ignornace of all this, why have they not responded to UK counterpart or to my wife or me, I keep emailing them and they just try to flog me off.

any advice, on what to do?

Or has any one been in the same bough, its beyong the time frame of any situtation.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:39 pm

This is not an unusual behaviour by the BHC in Indian subcontient.

I had dealt with a matterin the exact circumstances as yours.On the day of the appeal hearing, the presenting officer for the HO turned.

Even she did not recieve copies of teh documents from the BHC. She made a few enquiries by logging directly in the BHC intranet site to find out that a decision to issue the visa was made a day before the hearing.

The adjuticator was not a happy man,and told teh official from the HO in a very firm but diplomatic manner that he was not impressed at all.

So it might not be bad news if you havent heard or recieve docs, you might get the visa on the day of the hearing

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

Post by SANCHADEV » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:43 pm

WHY DO THEY BEHAVE THIS WAY
WHEN IT CLEARLY STATES THAT THERE DEADLINE IS OVER 1 MONTH AGO BY THE TRIBUNAL, SURELY THEY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THIS.

DID YOUR WIFE GET HER VISA?

WAS SHE FROM INDIA?

HOW DO YOU TACKLE THESE PEOPLE, IS WORTH COMPLAING YET TO DELHI OR HERE IN UK OR WAIT TILL THE VISA'S DONE

OR MENTION IT DURING THE HEARING VIA MY LAWYER.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 pm

I think you are wasting your time contacting them because it is unlikely they will reposond to you.

Your best bet would be wait for the hearing date and when the verdict is issued by the Adjuticator (hopefully in your favour)then tell them what you think of teh service by the BHC. Obviously do it in a firm but polite manner (that is if the Adj doesnt do it before you)

Yes the visa was issued to my client, but it took another 6 weeks after the hearing. Mine was from Islamabad not Delhi

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

Post by SANCHADEV » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:03 pm

my gosh

what do you think , they do , is it a standard protocol they do, as i think serious investigation should be taken on this.

surely homey office the uk border agency should be informed of this

surely if they are breaking rules as per the tribunal letter, stated, this should be not acceptable to anyone, if they can break rules why not normal public

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:09 pm

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeals/

Read this,as its their procedure

bototo

Post by bototo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:34 am

This is not an unusual behaviour by the BHC in Indian subcontient.
I absolutely agree. And I wouldn't be so charitable as to blame just inefficiency or heavy workload.

Dealing with them is the absolute pits.

Considering the amount they charge it should be made a criminal offence to offer such a pathetic level of service.
She made a few enquiries by logging directly in the BHC intranet site to find out that a decision to issue the visa was made a day before the hearing.
Strange that. I know of at least three cases where the HC changed their minds either just before the hearing or on the day of the hearing itself.

Creating obstacles deters visa applications/appeals, and the longer you drag such non-cooperation out the more chance of someone giving up in frustration, due to lack of money or because of changed circumstances like not being able to make the trip.

I wonder if they've got some internal statistics disclosing how imposing such inconveniences affects the number of visas issued. Such intelligence would be the basis of an unwritten internal policy recognising that making things difficult deters people from applying for certain categories of visas and/or otherwise reduces visas issued.

SANCHADEV
Newly Registered

Post by SANCHADEV » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:20 am

HI

I EVEN READ THE PROCDURES THEY USE ETC.. AND ITS VERY CLEAR THAT THEY HAVE NOT FOLLOWED THE GUIDLINES OF TIME SCALE , WHICH I FIND IT VERY STRANGE.

HAS ANYONE BEEN IN THIS SITUTATION FOR VISA VIA THE MUMBAI COMMISSION?

IT SEEMS TO ME , THEY ARE GETTING AWAY WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING, ALSO DISGRACE THAT THEY CAN ISSUE VISA JUSTON THE DAY YOU MEANT TO GO FOR HEARING ON BEHALF OF YOUR PARTNER.

IT WONDERS ME , THAT THE CHECKS ARE NOT IN PLACE, SURELY THE BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION IN DELHI WOULD NOT FIND THIS AMUSING, TO KNOW HOW MUMBAI COUNTERPART ARE DEALING WITH SUCH PROCUDRES.

I HEARD THAT IF YOU COMPLAIN TO THE DELHI OFFICE, WHICH IS MAIN HUB FOR THE UK COMMISSION, THEY TAKE QUICK ACTIONS, BUT THE FEAR IN THAT IS, WOULD IT DAMAGE THE CASE??

bototo

Post by bototo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:29 am

Using capitals is considered shouting on the Internet. Perhaps you could turn your caps lock off.