ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Undergraduate in UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Which Undergraduate student visa is better to apply for and has greater acceptance chances ??

Poll ended at Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Foundation Year (Extenssion later on)
No votes
Foundation Year leading to Bacheolers (4 yrs visa)
No votes

Total votes: 0

itsme_waqas
Newly Registered

Applying for Undergraduate in UK

Post by itsme_waqas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:57 pm

Hello all respected forum members, I'm waqas from lahore, pakistan.
I dont want to waste time, so i'm straight coming to the point.

I did GCE OLevels in june 2007. (securing 76% marks)
afterwards i moved to the high school, and instead of going for GCE ALevels, i moved to The Intermediate FSC (Pre Engg) side. I appeared in FSC Part 1 exams in June 2008 and secured 80% marks. Now i am going to appear in Part II exams in April 2009. Hence, my high school would be completed by August 2009.
But being concious about my future, i started to search for UK universities and got all the necessary information from the internet. Today i submitted the application to UCAS for Electrical & Electronic Engineering (I have to go for the one year of Foundation because i dont hold the GCE ALevels, applied to Queen Mary,Essex, Manchester, Liverpool, Brunel). And i'm very hopeful that i would be offered a place in atleast three of them. (lets see what happens)
But keeping in view that everything goes right and i'm offered a place for FOundation Year in one of these, then what type of Student Visa, i should apply for.
Infact, my consultant told me that i have two choices ::

1- Either to apply for One Year Visa (Just for Foundation Year). I can extend my visa afterwards in UK. This also helps me because i have to show lesser funds of one year only. I have also heard that the visa prospects are also graeter in this case

2- The second choice is to Apply for a Foundation Year leading to Bacheolers (4 yrs Visa). Here i have to show more funds and the visa prospects are also lesser than the one year visa.

This is all what my consultant told me, can someone please guide me about which one i should go for and would i be really able to extend my visa without any risk factors.

I would be really really thankful for the affectionate & expert opinions.

Regards
Waqas