ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assistance Required :: Passport Issue

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsme_waqas
Newly Registered

Assistance Required :: Passport Issue

Post by itsme_waqas » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm waqas from lahore, currently completing my high school, and the results would be announced by the end of august, 2009. Actually, i'm turning 18 on 23rd june 2009. and i'm coming to UK (hopefully, if i get my visa) to start either my foundation for my engineering or the full 4 yrs engineering programme.
Right now i have an conditional offer from glasgow university and the condition is my high school result. but hopfully i'm going to get my Unconditional Offer within a few days but not after march 2009. then i have to apply for my visa, as its taking more than two months for the embassy to reply (due to shifting to Abu Dhabi). That is why, i want to apply for the visa asap.
Now i come to the main point, as i'd be getting my regular adult passport after i'm 18yrs in june 2009, but i want to apply as early as possible, maybe in april 2009. So, what should i do ? would they consider my passport which i have right now ?? that passport is a non adult one.
my questions is what if they ask me for a new passport after june 2009, if they do, then it is gonna take time, and maybe i get late for my session.
I need the expert opinion.

regards
waqas

rockyloveday
Newly Registered

Post by rockyloveday » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:36 pm

what's non adult passport?
i dnt think its gona b any problem as long as u got your passport(not on u r parents passport) and over 16.

itsme_waqas
Newly Registered

Post by itsme_waqas » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:08 pm

haha, sorry by non adult passport i meant the passport we get here before getting our id cards at 18yrs.
i mean we have to make a new passport as soon we get 18, as i'm getting 18 by 23rd june, hence i'd get the new one after that, but i have to apply till the end of this april.
that was my question, that what shud i do if i wanted to apply before getting the new passport on 23rd june??

anywas, i have also another question, someone told me that IELTS is now a compulsory thing for uk student visa, but the university is giving me admission on the basis of my gce olevel english grade b.
shud i take ielts or not ???
plus suppose i take the foundation year at univeristy of glasgow, then how much bank statement i got to show with my visa application ??
the feees is 8kpounds and living expenses of 9k pounds per annum, gives a total of 17Kpounds . that means i got to show 17K pounds in my account ???

regards
waqas

Ballu
Newly Registered

hello

Post by Ballu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:11 pm

hello waqas u dnt need to give IELTS test because O & a level students are exempted from IELTS

Ballu
Newly Registered

Post by Ballu » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 pm

waqas 1st of all i want to clear few things that who told u that after 18 u have to apply for the new passport THIS IS COMPLETELY WRONG because before 18 ur passport is made on the bases of ur B FORM on which a 13 digit FORM no is given and that is actually ur ID CARD no and 2nd thind if your current passport is valid for the period of ur stay in UK then u dnt need to apply for new one

itsme_waqas
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by itsme_waqas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:10 pm

@ Ballu :::

Dear brother, i dont have a passport yet and i have never gone out of Pakistan. I'm turning 18 on 23 june 2009. But i have the B-Form and my ID card number is written on it. I have also applied to the UCAS and hopefully i'd be receiving an unconditional offer by the end of march.
And i want to apply in early April for my student visa.
What do u suggest, should i go to the passport office and get my passport ?? As i'm not 18 yet, would it cause any issus later on, when i'm 18 ?? Because the problem is that i have to move to UK in september and i would be 18 by then. Logically i have to wait till i get 18 and then apply for a passport and the visa.

Do u think that i can get a passport (which i dont need to replace when i'm 18 on 23rd june) on the basis of my B-Form ??

Kindly help, my consultant is also not very helpful in this aspect. So, this thing is really irritating.

Regards
Waqas

Ballu
Newly Registered

Post by Ballu » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Waqas

Bro 1st of all if you apply for your passport before 23 june then u apply on the bases of ur B-FORM ok caz after 23 june 1st of all u must apply for ur ID CARD which takes about 15- 30 days then ur eligible to apply for your passport which takes 15-30 days so my suggestion is that u apply for your passport now.

2ndly according to BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION u can not apply for your student visa earlier than 3 months before the starting of ur classes as u said ur classes start in sep so u can't apply for student visa in april u have to wait untill end of June after that u apply for ur student visa

3rd if u got ur passport now then u dont need to replace it after 23rd june

Regards
Ballu

itsme_waqas
Newly Registered

thnx for the info.

Post by itsme_waqas » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:53 pm

@ Ballu ::

dear brother, could we plz have a lil chat on hotmail messenger ??
if u can, then add me
spiderman_waqas@hotmail.com

or leave ur reply here containing ur IM adress.

Thnx
waqas

Johnson02
BANNED

Post by Johnson02 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:31 am

I suppose, under points based system the above points should be black and white. If not then the PBS is useless and ECOs can accept or refuse applications at their will (just like before the launch of PBS...... Things should be black and white about maintenance funds as well.. just like as they are Black and white for Tier 1 application..

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:04 am

Johnson02 wrote:I suppose, under points based system the above points should be black and white. If not then the PBS is useless and ECOs can accept or refuse applications at their will (just like before the launch of PBS...... Things should be black and white about maintenance funds as well.. just like as they are Black and white for Tier 1 application..
Excellent!

But whats a point to reply a post after 3 years & 8 months??

fbutt50

Post by fbutt50 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 pm

bro. make your passport quickly because paki passport authority go to sleep after taking fees.
hope u get ur passport...

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 pm

fbutt50 wrote:bro. make your passport quickly because paki passport authority go to sleep after taking fees.
hope u get ur passport...
What a nonsense answer after 4 years of question! Just look at the first post date. :p