ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adjusting overseas earnings...in what scenario?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vagabond4life

Adjusting overseas earnings...in what scenario?

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi

I have a question on adjusting overseas earning. I am claiming points for income earned in UK & India. The UK income is for 12 months for salary. I am claiming consultancy income from India for the same period. It was a one off assignement of translating a document. (consider I was in UK for the full 12 months). The money was received and deposited in bank in India.

Will HO consider the uplift ratio for India income in this case.

Thanks

cooolz

Re: Adjusting overseas earnings...in what scenario?

Post by cooolz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:48 pm

You cannot apply uplift ratio on indian income
just convert it into pounds and add to your income
vagabond4life wrote:Hi

I have a question on adjusting overseas earning. I am claiming points for income earned in UK & India. The UK income is for 12 months for salary. I am claiming consultancy income from India for the same period. It was a one off assignement of translating a document. (consider I was in UK for the full 12 months). The money was received and deposited in bank in India.

Thanks

vagabond4life

thanks coolz

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm

What if I am able to show that I was in India and completed the assignement while in India. Basically I was in India for one month in the 12 months I am claiming.

ukk

Post by ukk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:39 pm

Dear Coolz

Could you show us any proof or link where it mention

I couldnt find any where on their guidance ,even self assessment calculator takes uplift ratio.

please reply soon

Thanks

quote="cooolz"]You cannot apply uplift ratio on indian income

Thanks
[/quote]

ukk

Re: thanks coolz

Post by ukk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi

what category are u applying in , employed or self employed and what

proof u have to support your income

vagabond4life wrote:What if I am able to show that I was in India and completed the assignement while in India. Basically I was in India for one month in the 12 months I am claiming.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:13 pm

I am currently on FTS visa. I am applying for Tier 1 General visa. After claiming points on other attributes I have to show minimum £26k & above in the earnings section to reach 75 points. Unfortunately my salary is approx £25,500 gross as per pay slips.

I am falling short by £500 and hence showing the balance as income earned as self employed from India.

I am therfore claimings points on earnings as salaried employee & self employed. (Point 109 from guidance notes - Earnings can be considered from full-time, part-time, temporary and short-term work.)

Proof of income

Salary: I have pay slips & bank statement. No probs with that

India income as consultant:
1. Letter from client confirming services rendered and payment made by them by cheque dated xyz.
2. Bank statement in India showing cheque received for the amount
3. Letter from CA certfying payment received from client and deposited in bank

As the income from consultancy is received & deposited in India, I believe the uplift ratio should be considered.

Nowhere I have come across on HO website or their documents that if you stay in UK for the period claimed for earnings, uplift ratio will not be considered for income from other countries. Not sure how the HO looks at this.

Thanks in advance for your replies

ukk

earning

Post by ukk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:24 pm

well what documents showings for indian income

vagabond4life wrote:I am currently on FTS visa. I am applying for Tier 1 General visa. After claiming points on other attributes I have to show minimum £26k & above in the earnings section to reach 75 points. Unfortunately my salary is approx £25,500 gross as per pay slips.

I am falling short by £500 and hence showing the balance as income earned as self employed from India.

I am therfore claimings points on earnings as salaried employee & self employed. (Point 109 from guidance notes - Earnings can be considered from full-time, part-time, temporary and short-term work.)
[/quote]

vagabond4life

Re: earning

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:26 pm

India income as consultant:
1. Letter from client confirming services rendered and payment made by them by cheque dated xyz.
2. Bank statement in India showing cheque received for the amount
3. Letter from CA certfying payment received from client and deposited in bank

As the income from consultancy is received & deposited in India, I believe the uplift ratio should be considered.
ukk wrote:well what documents showings for indian income

vagabond4life wrote:I am currently on FTS visa. I am applying for Tier 1 General visa. After claiming points on other attributes I have to show minimum £26k & above in the earnings section to reach 75 points. Unfortunately my salary is approx £25,500 gross as per pay slips.

[/quote]

cooolz

Post by cooolz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:06 pm

(consider I was in UK for the full 12 months)

Of course when you earn in UK for 11 months and 1 month you earn in india , you can apply the uplift ratio for that one month.

ukk wrote:Dear Coolz

Could you show us any proof or link where it mention

I couldnt find any where on their guidance ,even self assessment calculator takes uplift ratio.

please reply soon

Thanks

quote="cooolz"]You cannot apply uplift ratio on indian income

Thanks
[/quote]

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:34 pm

Thanks coolzz......you reply gives me a glimmer of hope.

However, could you please let me know on what basis or point in guidance note you are referring to make your statement. This is because if there is anything mentioned in the guidance note or website, I can accordingly write in the covering letter.

Also, are you aware of any documentation required to show for the Indian income. I have the list of documents mentioned in the above posts. This is a one off assignment. Is there anything else apart from the list mentioned above that I have to furnish?

Thanks for taking out time to reply
cooolz wrote:(consider I was in UK for the full 12 months)

Of course when you earn in UK for 11 months and 1 month you earn in india , you can apply the uplift ratio for that one month.