ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes Very soon in Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:52 pm

hsmpOct2007 Wrote:
guys,

Im being quite optimistic here, I dont think there is any need for concern for HSMP holders.

If you read the guidance section or on the UKBA site its clear that HSMP holders at the time of expiry of their visa will seek "extension" , so please do not confuse it with a new application.
But this is just me, Im sure the confirmation will come from the HO soon enough.

Pasting below what's there on the UKBA site under "Applying for extension section"

Can you apply to extend your stay?
You can apply to extend your stay if you are:

* already in the United Kingdom under the highly skilled worker category and want to extend your permission to stay within your existing category; or
* already in the United Kingdom under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, want to extend your permission to stay and are eligible to switch into the highly skilled worker category.

If you have not previously been given permission to stay in either of these categories, you should read the section on initial applications.
Well, existig HSMP holder can very well apply for extension under Tier-1 (general), but going by what's written in the HO document, you are not affetced, if your previous grant of leave is under Tier-1 (General), so for HSMP holders that's not the case, as their leave is under HSMP, not Tier-1.

I sincerely hope, that this rule does not apply to existing HSMP holders, and that should be the case, if HO wants to play it fair, but as we all know the history......

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:39 am

It's being discussed here:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36524

Let's close this thread and move to that one so we only monitor 1 thread for this :)

rkrohela
BANNED

Petition

Post by rkrohela » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:49 am

Hi Friends,

Thanks for expressing your support to the petition. Since the petition now belongs to the forum, I would like to seek the opinion of you all, particularly the senior members on when it would be best to close the petition.

Please let me know.
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

palxxx
Newly Registered

Re: Petition

Post by palxxx » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:52 pm

This forum and people spending their value time are wonderful.

Hope "we" the existing HSMP/Tier 1 holders won't be affected by the new rules. And I do sympathize for the new applicants for whom the bar will be raised.

This forum, support of senior members and enthusiasm/proactiveness of new members are just awesome. We are "united" and happy to know that we will be able to give a good fight when in need.

Cheers,
Palxxx.
rkrohela wrote:Hi Friends,

Thanks for expressing your support to the petition. Since the petition now belongs to the forum, I would like to seek the opinion of you all, particularly the senior members on when it would be best to close the petition.

Please let me know.

d_seng
Newly Registered

Re: Petition

Post by d_seng » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:37 pm

Hello everyone, thought this might be interesting:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Look at para 2 on page 40

Cheers!

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by jimmymcad » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Please can you explain what is so interesting there?

ismscc
Newly Registered

Post by ismscc » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:21 pm

WooHoo!!!! I really hope that what's stated under Para 2 of Page 40 really goes through.

Migrants applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will receive no points
for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000. This change will not
affect migrants who already have leave under Tier 1 and are seeking an extension of that
leave.

Hooray!!!! this is really important to many because they would have taken up housing loans or car loans with the expectation of working in the country for more than 3 years.

Keep in mind though that the Settlement threshold could well be raised to 8 years :(

Anyway, I also feel that Tier 1 migrants should enter the country with the expectation that they will only be able to work here for 3 years. They (applicants) should keep in mind that there's no guarantee of further extension.

Contradictory to my statement above, we (Highly Skilled Workers) are contributing positively to the country's economy and society. The majority of problem makers and anti-socials aren't from our category of immigrants. It's the Highly Skilled ones who communicate and adapt to the local setting very well and participate in positive activities. Therefore if the government implements something that victimises us, I personally feel that it's fruit for reconsideration.

ian0921
Newly Registered

Post by ian0921 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:53 pm

hi guys look at that :evil: :evil: :evil:
The new rules also make changes to Tier 1 of the Points Based System for highly skilled workers. Applicants under the Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route will no longer receive points for post graduate certificates and diplomas other than UK Postgraduate
Certificates of Education and those applying for their first period of leave under Tier 1 (General) will no longer receive points for Bachelors degrees or for previous earnings of less than £20,000.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

rupakju
Newly Registered

Post by rupakju » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:10 pm

I am realy fall in deep tension regarding the up coming so called change in tier 1. I am a BDS Dr. having 2 yrs experience, My education is 4yrs BDS and one(1) yr internship. so I am now eligible to apply for UK tier-1,,But the fact is that as a 4yrs BDS dentiest i will be eligible to apply for uk after 1st april or not? Means, the rules to have Mesters degree after 1st april will be also valid for the medical students like me or not? Actualy my bank solvency will be mature to submit after MAY month. Now what i can do? Please give me your kind suggestion as i believe that a little suggestion of yours will be a lot for me. Hope my inbox will be proud of your mail in the possible earliest time.

raihantan@gmail.com

all MBBS or BDS is 4yrs course and 1yr internship included. will the masters is also required for for me? that means after completing FCPS or any other Masters degree like Public health I have to try for UK? Does the UK govt think that a FCPS completed one will try for UK without having any job offer and knowing the renewal hessal of their rules?
In the job sector the europeans will get the 1st preferance and the immigrants will be like standby player. According to this circumstances I seriously would like to know that what should be justice for me like all teir-1 applicant? why they have opend the windows for the skilled educated people toward a unsecure life? Isnt the rules is the indirect expression or anounce to all that " you people need not come UK "

Sorry for write direct view, But my arges toward the UK govt please rearrange the rules and let us the chance to be a part of yours as well as let our brain to believe that we are helping the EU econoy besides the Eu citizens, not less than any part. Please make the procedure easy and let us serve your econoy as well.

wish you all the best and a return mail or reply.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:24 am

All,

Follow the below link. I have pasted reply from Home Office regarding this.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=36789

mavrick7
Newly Registered

GUIDEINES FOR MARCH 31 2009 ARE OUT.

Post by mavrick7 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:57 pm

THE GUIDELINES ARE NOW PUBLISHED ON THE UKBA WEBSITE....CHECK IT OUT...TO SUM IT ALL ALL EXTNSION APPLICANTS ARE SAFE....AND HAVE THE SAME GUIDELINES IN PLACE FOR THEM, HOWEVER INITIAL APPLICANTS REQUIRE MASTERS DEGREE AND THE QUALIFYING POINTS REMAINS AT 75 FOR THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THEY HAVE TO BE AT A VERY GOOD SALARY IN THEIR PREVIOUS JOB IN-ORDER TO APPLY FOR THE INITIAL ENTRY.

globalciti
Newly Registered

Re: GUIDEINES FOR MARCH 31 2009 ARE OUT.

Post by globalciti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Can some one give a link for the guidelines please...

globalciti
Newly Registered

Post by globalciti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Can some one give a link for the guidelines please...

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Link to latest new guides which include the changes post 30th march 2009
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... hlyskilled

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:01 pm

And the pdf file (Guidance) is here.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

kevincici
Newly Registered

Post by kevincici » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:23 pm

mavrick7 wrote:THE GUIDELINES ARE NOW PUBLISHED ON THE UKBA WEBSITE....CHECK IT OUT...TO SUM IT ALL ALL EXTNSION APPLICANTS ARE SAFE....AND HAVE THE SAME GUIDELINES IN PLACE FOR THEM, HOWEVER INITIAL APPLICANTS REQUIRE MASTERS DEGREE AND THE QUALIFYING POINTS REMAINS AT 75 FOR THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THEY HAVE TO BE AT A VERY GOOD SALARY IN THEIR PREVIOUS JOB IN-ORDER TO APPLY FOR THE INITIAL ENTRY.
hi,guys ,i ve just read the new Guidance
good news nothing has been changed ,bachelors degree still can be awarded 30points.
do not know what is going on with UKBA?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:29 pm

kevincici wrote:
mavrick7 wrote:THE GUIDELINES ARE NOW PUBLISHED ON THE UKBA WEBSITE....CHECK IT OUT...TO SUM IT ALL ALL EXTNSION APPLICANTS ARE SAFE....AND HAVE THE SAME GUIDELINES IN PLACE FOR THEM, HOWEVER INITIAL APPLICANTS REQUIRE MASTERS DEGREE AND THE QUALIFYING POINTS REMAINS AT 75 FOR THEM. THIS MEANS THAT THEY HAVE TO BE AT A VERY GOOD SALARY IN THEIR PREVIOUS JOB IN-ORDER TO APPLY FOR THE INITIAL ENTRY.
good news nothing has been changed ,bachelors degree still can be awarded 30points.
I dont know which guideline you looked at but the one to which the links have been provided clearly say that no points for Bachelors Degree for Initial applications (point 72, page 16). looks like you got confused with provisions for extension.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

kevincici
Newly Registered

Post by kevincici » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:30 am

push_hsmp wrote:
kevincici wrote:
I dont know which guideline you looked at but the one to which the links have been provided clearly say that no points for Bachelors Degree for Initial applications (point 72, page 16). looks like you got confused with provisions for extension.
hi, guys i ve just found out something very important and funny!
the new pdf Guidance published is differrent on
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf
http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... 310309.pdf
ukba.homeoffice says Bachelors Degree claims no points.
but ind.homeoffice says it does
so which one is right ?
oh, my god ,i am so confused

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:34 am

Confused? Don't be. We all know that Bachelor degree no longer has any points for initial application but still 30 points for extension (that's including Tier 1 and HSMP extension)

Case closed.

hsmpOct2007
Newly Registered

guidance still not very precise. Surprised :-) ?

Post by hsmpOct2007 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 am

Though we recvd umpteen emails about HSMP holders not being affected and that HSMP need to apply for extension under Tier1 upon expiry and not switch/initial application for Tier1.

Not surprisingly, I still think its not been made clear in the guidance also, yet again !

If you look at the guidance and new release, it only mentions about extension applications under Tier1, which are not affected by the new rules.

If you look at Page 11, it talks about who can swtich into Tier1, and HSMP is one of the "other" categories from which you can switch into Tier1, and the rules say that people switching from "other" categories will be judged by new rules after 31Mar.

And in point 67
"67. If an applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant and is therefore applying using the extension requirements of Tier 1 (General), they can claim the following points on the basis of their age:"

I dont see the reason why they keep "laws" so vague and contradicting sometimes.

Though, I dont find the need to panic as I personally believe it wont affect HSMP, but just wanted to see what you guys thought abt the new guidance.

Cheers,

rupakju
Newly Registered

Post by rupakju » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Dear all,
can any body tell me that. Is the point base calculator of the UKBA is now counting the result for the points for those who will apply after 31march. that means is the calculator is ok for counting later than 31 march?

Pls do some comments or disscuss about this topic because i found that My 4 yrs BDs is still getting 30points. Is the 4yr BDS or MBBS is defferent than the 4yrs hon's?

Hope that you all will note my poin and tell some thing about this topic.

Raihantan@gmail.com

Best regards
Dr. sabrina

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 pm

rupakju wrote:Dear all,
can any body tell me that. Is the point base calculator of the UKBA is now counting the result for the points for those who will apply after 31march. that means is the calculator is ok for counting later than 31 march?

Pls do some comments or disscuss about this topic because i found that My 4 yrs BDs is still getting 30points. Is the 4yr BDS or MBBS is defferent than the 4yrs hon's?

Hope that you all will note my poin and tell some thing about this topic.

Raihantan@gmail.com

Best regards
Dr. sabrina
no, the form and point calculator is not updated yet. i think it will be updated once the new rule starts...

tier-1 seeker
Newly Registered

Post by tier-1 seeker » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Still the guidance on BIA website says that the rules are retrospectively applied for switching.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconte ... hlyskilled

It is also written that changing from HSMP to Tier-1 is switching and the new rules are applicable for switching as well.
What can be concluded from this contradictory statement which once says extension and the other switching.... :(

netacct

Post by netacct » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:40 pm

This is really confusing and panic situation...

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:27 am

netacct wrote:This is really confusing and panic situation...
No it's not. If you are in HSMP you "extend" and switch to Tier 1:

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingin ... gyourstay/

Guys if you are in HSMP, I'm pretty darn sure that you are "extending" your leave to remain.

Pure switching is from Work Permit, IGS and many others.

Let's move on, HSMP -> Tier 1 (General) is extending not switching.