ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reference Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_922

Reference Letter

Post by hsmp_922 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:00 am

Hi

I have applied for Tier 1 on 13-March. The payment was deducted on 16-March. Would I be getting any reference letter from the home office? Normally when would that be sent? By email or post?

Thanks and all the best for those who have applied.

Tier1_Bristol

Re: Reference Letter

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:12 am

hsmp_922 wrote:Hi

I have applied for Tier 1 on 13-March. The payment was deducted on 16-March. Would I be getting any reference letter from the home office? Normally when would that be sent? By email or post?

Hi ,

You should be receiving the reference letter within couple of weeks (considering the volume of applications HO might be getting this month).

One of my friend got it by post recently.

All the best

Cheers
Gita

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:26 am

Please note, delay in reference letter also depends on from where you have applied. Application within UK get ref. letter within few days where out of country application take longer.

Tier1_Bristol

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:46 am

chetanojha wrote:Please note, delay in reference letter also depends on from where you have applied. Application within UK get ref. letter within few days where out of country application take longer.
Hi Chetanojha,

Please correct me if I am wrong. Applications from Out of Country need to apply in person in the local VFS or respective High Commission offices as Biometric info has to be provided. So, when applying in person, they would get the reference number on the same day. Atleast that was the case of mine - applying from Chennai VFS.

Cheers
Gita

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:43 am

Hi

i have also applied on 12th March and Still didn't receive reference letter.

Please let me know if you receive yours..

Thanks
Saqib

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:50 am

saqib389 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Saqib
Do be aware that the reference letter is only posted after the payment is processed. If it takes a few days for your payment to be processed then it'll take that much longer to receive your reference letter.

saqib389

Post by saqib389 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:05 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:
saqib389 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Saqib
Do be aware that the reference letter is only posted after the payment is processed. If it takes a few days for your payment to be processed then it'll take that much longer to receive your reference letter.
I Have Checked with my bank the payment was proceed on 13th March... but still didn't receive reference letter....:(

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Give it a few more days. You'll get one soon.