ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

submitting tomorrow: pls chk cover letter.. thanks

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rnvv
Newly Registered

submitting tomorrow: pls chk cover letter.. thanks

Post by rnvv » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:40 am

Few questions before I submit:

1) I have written just one cover letter, pls let me know if it reads alright and is easy to understand. Suggestions are welcome.

2) is my letter too long? Any advice on whether separate cover letters for each section would be a better way to go about.

3) the text boxes when using a computer to fill the forms have a very small limit? would u know how to change the font size? or would it be best to fill in my hand?

Many many thanks guys!

XXX XXX
Email: XXXX@yahoo.com
Phone No. (Land line/ Mobile): +91XXXXXXX/ +91XXXXXXXX

Date: 20/03/2009

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, XXX XXX, wish to apply for authorisation to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker’ category of the Points Based System (PBS).

I have claimed 100 points in the attributes section and 10 points each for English requirement and maintenance funds on a self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk. I have enclosed the printout to verify the amount of points claimed.

Following is the list of documents provided along with my application.

1. Age Assessment – 20 points claimed.

I was born on X October, 1984, and I am 24 years of age at the time of this application.

Documents provided:
• Original Passport stating date of birth.

2. Qualification – 30 points claimed.

I hold a Bachelors degree in Economics from the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) (2004-2006). Both my university and Bachelors degree are recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.

Documents provided:

• Original Certificate of Award. (Bachelor of Science)
• Original Academic Transcript.

Contact details:
Email: registry@lse.ac.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7405 7686
Fax: +44 (0)20 7955 6099
Address: London School of Economics and Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, United Kingdom

Additional relevant information & supporting documents:

The duration of my study at the LSE was only 2 years (2004-2006) despite the degree programme length being 3 years long as I gained admission directly into the second year in 2004 on successful completion of two years of the BSc. Economics programme through the University of London External Programme. More details are available at http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk. To support this claim, I attach my initial conditional offer from the LSE, my result sheets of the two years of external study (2002-2004) as well as my eventual unconditional offer from the LSE.

3. Previous Earnings – 45 points claimed.

I am currently working with XXX as an Asssociate. My gross income for the 12 month claim period (01-January-2008 to 31-December-2008) is INR XXXX.00. My earnings in pounds sterling are £XXXX.54 using relevant closing spot exchange rate on Oanda.com. Thus my salary equivalent in pounds is £XXXXX.26 as calculated by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.

Documents provided:

• Online pay slips of the 12 month claim period, stamped and signed by the employer showing gross and net salary per month.
• Official bank statements for the claim period showing my net salary credited. Salary payments are highlighted on the bank statement.

Contact details:
Name: XXX
Email: XXX
Telephone: XXX
Address: XXXX

Relevant information & supporting documents to reconcile changes in employer name & date of joining in pay slips:

1) Employment with my current employer began under ‘XXX’ on XX April 2007. (Supporting document: Offer Letter to join XXXX, dated April XXth 2007)

2) On June 1, 2008 I was transferred to an entity within the firm – XXX XXX XXX Private Limited from XXX XXXX XXX XXX Private Limited. (Supporting document: Letter from the firm confirming the transfer, dated XXX xxth 2008)

3) On XXX XX 2008, XXX XXX operations were acquired by ‘XXX’ following which my employer name has changed to XXX XXXX as stated in my August payslip. (Supporting documents: i) print-out of XXX’s official news release of the acquisition announcement. This is also available at http://www.XXX.com/news/XX/hXXgs/XX/XXX.html. ii) Letter of Amendment to Employment Contract, dated XX XX 2008)

Additional supporting documents:

• Oanda.com (http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic) on the last day of my claim period, which is 31 Dec ’08.
• Compensation statement for Year 2008.
• Promotion letter.

4. United Kingdom experience – 5 points claimed.

I have claimed 5 points under ‘Previous United Kingdom Experience (Study)’.

Documents provided:
• Original certificate of award provided under the ‘Qualification’ section
• Original letter from the London School of Economics and Political Science confirming my status as a Full-time student from 2004 to 2006.

5. English Language – 10 points claimed.

I have claimed 10 points under the category ‘Degree taught in English’. My qualification is on the self assessment tool and has been taken in a majority English speaking country (United Kingdom), fulfilling the English language requirement.

Documents provided:

• Original certificate of award provided under the ‘Qualification’ section.
• Original Academic Transcript provided under the ‘Qualification’ section, that states the Language of Instruction.

6. Maintenance Funds – 10 points claimed.

Documents provided:

• Electronic bank statement of my account XXXX with ICICI Bank, India bearing the bank’s official stamp and covering period greater than the last 3 months prior to application – 1 November, 2008 to 15 March, 2009.
• Letter from ICICI Bank on their letterhead confirming that I have maintained a minimum of INR XXXXXX.23 from November 24th 2008 till 15th March 2009, covering a period more than last 3 months prior to application. The account balance was at this minimum on the 24th November 2008. So using the Oanda exchange rate as of this day (Oanda screen attached) which is XXX

Hence the minimum balance maintained by me in the last approximate 4 months is XXXX / 80.5576 = £XXXX, which is sufficiently above the minimum requirement of £2800.

In summary, total Points Claimed: 120 Points

1. Age: 20 Points
2. Education: 30 Points
2. Earnings: 45Points
3. UK Experience: 5 Points
5. English Language Requirement: 10 Points
6. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement: 10 Points

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

XXX XXX

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 pm

That looks fine, mate. Good Luck!

bobbyy
Newly Registered

Re: submitting tomorrow: pls chk cover letter.. thanks

Post by bobbyy » Thu May 07, 2009 11:08 am

rnvv wrote:Few questions before I submit:

1) I have written just one cover letter, pls let me know if it reads alright and is easy to understand. Suggestions are welcome.

2) is my letter too long? Any advice on whether separate cover letters for each section would be a better way to go about.

3) the text boxes when using a computer to fill the forms have a very small limit? would u know how to change the font size? or would it be best to fill in my hand?

Many many thanks guys!

XXX XXX
Email: XXXX@yahoo.com
Phone No. (Land line/ Mobile): +91XXXXXXX/ +91XXXXXXXX

Date: 20/03/2009

Sub: Application for Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

To,
The Assessing Officer

RE: Points-based system: Tier 1 (General) highly skilled workers

Dear Sir/Madam,

I, XXX XXX, wish to apply for authorisation to work in the UK under ‘Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker’ category of the Points Based System (PBS).

I have claimed 100 points in the attributes section and 10 points each for English requirement and maintenance funds on a self evaluation basis using the ‘Self Assessment Tool’ available on the Agency website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk. I have enclosed the printout to verify the amount of points claimed.

Following is the list of documents provided along with my application.

1. Age Assessment – 20 points claimed.

I was born on X October, 1984, and I am 24 years of age at the time of this application.

Documents provided:
• Original Passport stating date of birth.

2. Qualification – 30 points claimed.

I hold a Bachelors degree in Economics from the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) (2004-2006). Both my university and Bachelors degree are recognised by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.

Documents provided:

• Original Certificate of Award. (Bachelor of Science)
• Original Academic Transcript.

Contact details:
Email: registry@lse.ac.uk
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7405 7686
Fax: +44 (0)20 7955 6099
Address: London School of Economics and Political Science, Houghton Street, London WC2A 2AE, United Kingdom

Additional relevant information & supporting documents:

The duration of my study at the LSE was only 2 years (2004-2006) despite the degree programme length being 3 years long as I gained admission directly into the second year in 2004 on successful completion of two years of the BSc. Economics programme through the University of London External Programme. More details are available at http://www.londonexternal.ac.uk. To support this claim, I attach my initial conditional offer from the LSE, my result sheets of the two years of external study (2002-2004) as well as my eventual unconditional offer from the LSE.

3. Previous Earnings – 45 points claimed.

I am currently working with XXX as an Asssociate. My gross income for the 12 month claim period (01-January-2008 to 31-December-2008) is INR XXXX.00. My earnings in pounds sterling are £XXXX.54 using relevant closing spot exchange rate on Oanda.com. Thus my salary equivalent in pounds is £XXXXX.26 as calculated by the ‘Self Assessment Tool’.

Documents provided:

• Online pay slips of the 12 month claim period, stamped and signed by the employer showing gross and net salary per month.
• Official bank statements for the claim period showing my net salary credited. Salary payments are highlighted on the bank statement.

Contact details:
Name: XXX
Email: XXX
Telephone: XXX
Address: XXXX

Relevant information & supporting documents to reconcile changes in employer name & date of joining in pay slips:

1) Employment with my current employer began under ‘XXX’ on XX April 2007. (Supporting document: Offer Letter to join XXXX, dated April XXth 2007)

2) On June 1, 2008 I was transferred to an entity within the firm – XXX XXX XXX Private Limited from XXX XXXX XXX XXX Private Limited. (Supporting document: Letter from the firm confirming the transfer, dated XXX xxth 2008)

3) On XXX XX 2008, XXX XXX operations were acquired by ‘XXX’ following which my employer name has changed to XXX XXXX as stated in my August payslip. (Supporting documents: i) print-out of XXX’s official news release of the acquisition announcement. This is also available at http://www.XXX.com/news/XX/hXXgs/XX/XXX.html. ii) Letter of Amendment to Employment Contract, dated XX XX 2008)

Additional supporting documents:

• Oanda.com (http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic) on the last day of my claim period, which is 31 Dec ’08.
• Compensation statement for Year 2008.
• Promotion letter.

4. United Kingdom experience – 5 points claimed.

I have claimed 5 points under ‘Previous United Kingdom Experience (Study)’.

Documents provided:
• Original certificate of award provided under the ‘Qualification’ section
• Original letter from the London School of Economics and Political Science confirming my status as a Full-time student from 2004 to 2006.

5. English Language – 10 points claimed.

I have claimed 10 points under the category ‘Degree taught in English’. My qualification is on the self assessment tool and has been taken in a majority English speaking country (United Kingdom), fulfilling the English language requirement.

Documents provided:

• Original certificate of award provided under the ‘Qualification’ section.
• Original Academic Transcript provided under the ‘Qualification’ section, that states the Language of Instruction.

6. Maintenance Funds – 10 points claimed.

Documents provided:

• Electronic bank statement of my account XXXX with ICICI Bank, India bearing the bank’s official stamp and covering period greater than the last 3 months prior to application – 1 November, 2008 to 15 March, 2009.
• Letter from ICICI Bank on their letterhead confirming that I have maintained a minimum of INR XXXXXX.23 from November 24th 2008 till 15th March 2009, covering a period more than last 3 months prior to application. The account balance was at this minimum on the 24th November 2008. So using the Oanda exchange rate as of this day (Oanda screen attached) which is XXX

Hence the minimum balance maintained by me in the last approximate 4 months is XXXX / 80.5576 = £XXXX, which is sufficiently above the minimum requirement of £2800.

In summary, total Points Claimed: 120 Points

1. Age: 20 Points
2. Education: 30 Points
2. Earnings: 45Points
3. UK Experience: 5 Points
5. English Language Requirement: 10 Points
6. Maintenance (Funds) Requirement: 10 Points

I trust the information I have provided is satisfactory, however if you have any questions or queries or require additional information regarding any aspect of the application, please do not hesitate to contact me via any modes of communication noted at the top of this letter.

Thanking you.

Yours faithfully,

XXX XXX

Hi rnvv,

Your format is good and Do you have any format for employed cover letter, If you have pl send to srudra@gmail.com

Thanks.