ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application date query - calling inputs from past applicants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rnvv
Newly Registered

application date query - calling inputs from past applicants

Post by rnvv » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:48 am

The guidance mentions the application date will be the date the visa fee is paid and your biometrics are taken.

I was hoping to apply tomorrow but not sure I can get it all together by then.. so if I go to my local VFS without an appointment on Monday along with a demand draft obtained from a designated std chartered bank, would my application date be Monday itself (I'm assuming my biometrics are taken on the date of the application?!?!) or would it be a later day?

Im nervous about making it before the March 31 deadline as I wont be eligible under the new rules.

pls shed some light if possible. many thanks.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: application date query - calling inputs from past applic

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:08 am

rnvv wrote:The guidance mentions the application date will be the date the visa fee is paid and your biometrics are taken.

I was hoping to apply tomorrow but not sure I can get it all together by then.. so if I go to my local VFS without an appointment on Monday along with a demand draft obtained from a designated std chartered bank, would my application date be Monday itself (I'm assuming my biometrics are taken on the date of the application?!?!) or would it be a later day?

Im nervous about making it before the March 31 deadline as I wont be eligible under the new rules.

pls shed some light if possible. many thanks.
Why dont you carry cash and submit so that it will speedy the process and DATE of APPLICATION which u r concerned.. DD will sure take long time to get cleared...