ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes announced to the Immigration Rules

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Shoot mail..as the norm..copeid stuff from earlier poster

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:21 am

Dear Sir,
I went through the circular and the new set of guidelines, and still unable to make out definitely whether I'll fall under new rules or old when I process my visa for extension.

If you look at the guidance and new release, it only mentions about extension applications under Tier1, which are not affected by the new rules.

If you look at Page 11, it talks about who can switch into Tier1, and HSMP is one of the "other" categories from which you can switch into Tier1, and the rules say that people switching from "other" categories will be judged by new rules after 31Mar.

And in point 67
"67. If an applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant and is therefore applying using the extension requirements of Tier 1 (General), they can claim the following points on the basis of their age:"

I found these information contradicting and leave me in doubt whether my case( and many other cases like me) will fall into the category of extension or Switching.

Thanks for clarifying this case. I'll look forward to your response.

Regards
Stressed bunch of migrants( not written :-()
Third World Traveller

drjabberwocky23

Re: Shoot mail..as the norm..copeid stuff from earlier poste

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:44 am

HSMP_maybe wrote:Dear Sir,
I went through the circular and the new set of guidelines, and still unable to make out definitely whether I'll fall under new rules or old when I process my visa for extension.

If you look at the guidance and new release, it only mentions about extension applications under Tier1, which are not affected by the new rules.

If you look at Page 11, it talks about who can switch into Tier1, and HSMP is one of the "other" categories from which you can switch into Tier1, and the rules say that people switching from "other" categories will be judged by new rules after 31Mar.

And in point 67
"67. If an applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Highly Skilled Migrant and is therefore applying using the extension requirements of Tier 1 (General), they can claim the following points on the basis of their age:"

I found these information contradicting and leave me in doubt whether my case( and many other cases like me) will fall into the category of extension or Switching.

Regards
A number of repluies from the UKBA confirm that those already on HSMP or Tier 1 visas will not be affected by this ruling. The key is in the wording of "extending." People under HSMp "extend" their visa under Tier 1 and do not "switch," as some others on here have suggested. It appears that extension applicants will be fine but initial applicants or those switching from Tier 2/Work Permits, etc. will be affected.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:08 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:

And in point 67

Regards
A number of repluies from the UKBA confirm that those already on HSMP or Tier 1 visas will not be affected by this ruling. The key is in the wording of "extending." People under HSMp "extend" their visa under Tier 1 and do not "switch," as some others on here have suggested. It appears that extension applicants will be fine but initial applicants or those switching from Tier 2/Work Permits, etc. will be affected.
I can only guess, Since the rules for HSMP is alredy deleted from the current immigration rules, the new guidance and the announcement on UKBA does not specifically mention about existing HSMP holders, but anyone who is on HSMP (From 05-Dec-2006), should be able to apply for extension under T1G with Bachelor degree, once the new rules comes to effect.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:31 am

nnj10 wrote:
drjabberwocky23 wrote:

And in point 67

Regards
I can only guess, Since the rules for HSMP is alredy deleted from the current immigration rules, the new guidance and the announcement on UKBA does not specifically mention about existing HSMP holders, but anyone who is on HSMP (From 05-Dec-2006), should be able to apply for extension under T1G with Bachelor degree, once the new rules comes to effect.
Correct. Such applicants will not be affected by the new ruling as things stand.

lydiax
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Post Study Work to Tier 1 General!

Post by lydiax » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 pm

I still don't have an answer as to whether people on Tier 1 PSW have to have Masters degrees to switch into Tier 1. Is everybody on HSMP here? If so you are very lucky. Where is everybody else on Tier 1 PSW? Is anybody here? I was told by Named OISC advisors that HSMP will be exempt from the new rules but people on Tier 1 PSW, work permits, etc will have to have a master's degree. This article:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... hlyskilled

Is not clear at all. Does anyone know the answer please? Please?? I would very much appreciate your help, thank you!