ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Large Deposit Justification. URGENT HELP PLS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dfurletti
Newly Registered

Large Deposit Justification. URGENT HELP PLS

Post by dfurletti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:06 pm

HI All,

Im just about to loose it! I have original bank statements dated 10th December to 17th March, However, my claimed period is 16th December to the 17th of march. I also have signed and stamped TRANSACTION HISTORY covering 16/12/08 - 17/03/09 which is the period im claiming for.

As i sold some shares to meet the maintenance requirement the balance from the 10th - 14th December is well below the maintenance fund requirement and then there is a big deposit on the 15th in the form of a check cashed into the account by my dad who sold the shares (that were in my name) on my behalf.

I now find you you have to substantiate a lareg deposit made just before the period begins for maintenance funds. My question is as proof of the share sale, i am going to provide the following please let me know if you think it will suffice: 1) Photocopy of the share holding certificate prior to sale.

2) Photocopy of the share holding certificate POST sale showing a zero balance.

3) Photocopy of the share transfer form showing the sale of $118 000 worth of shares.

4) Letter from my father along the lines of:
I xxxxx can confirm I made a deposit of $10,000 on behalf of my son xxxxx on the 15th December 2008 into his bank account number XXXXXXX. These funds are the proceeds of the sale of shares the details of which are enclosed herein. I can confirm these funds are his and that he has immediate and unrestricted access to them at all times.

If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me on XXXXXXX.

Im pulling my hair out here, any help is much appreciated. Also should i submit both my Original Statements and Tansactons listing now that i have both? suppose it cant hurt? or can it?!!??
AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

THANKS
Dave

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Not sure if it was you but I advised earlier on a similar query that you should get statements from 18th Dec to 17 March - this would have effectively shielded the large deposite made immediately before 3 month period. I understand that you are finding it difficult to get bank statements starting from 16/18th Dec.

Can you take a printout of online statement for the period and get it stamped by the bank (per guidance notes) or Is it possible for you to arrange for a letter from your bank (covering all the points under the guidance notes) to say that you maintaiined a minimum balance of $#### between 18th Dec 2008 and 17th March 2009 (both dates inclusive)? This would be an ideal solution in the given circumstances.
Last edited by push on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Tier1_Bristol

Re: Large Deposit Justification. URGENT HELP PLS

Post by Tier1_Bristol » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:43 am

dfurletti wrote:HI All,

Im just about to loose it! I have original bank statements dated 10th December to 17th March, However, my claimed period is 16th December to the 17th of march. I also have signed and stamped TRANSACTION HISTORY covering 16/12/08 - 17/03/09 which is the period im claiming for.

As i sold some shares to meet the maintenance requirement the balance from the 10th - 14th December is well below the maintenance fund requirement and then there is a big deposit on the 15th in the form of a check cashed into the account by my dad who sold the shares (that were in my name) on my behalf.

I now find you you have to substantiate a lareg deposit made just before the period begins for maintenance funds. My question is as proof of the share sale, i am going to provide the following please let me know if you think it will suffice: 1) Photocopy of the share holding certificate prior to sale.

2) Photocopy of the share holding certificate POST sale showing a zero balance.

3) Photocopy of the share transfer form showing the sale of $118 000 worth of shares.

4) Letter from my father along the lines of:
I xxxxx can confirm I made a deposit of $10,000 on behalf of my son xxxxx on the 15th December 2008 into his bank account number XXXXXXX. These funds are the proceeds of the sale of shares the details of which are enclosed herein. I can confirm these funds are his and that he has immediate and unrestricted access to them at all times.

If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact me on XXXXXXX.

Im pulling my hair out here, any help is much appreciated. Also should i submit both my Original Statements and Tansactons listing now that i have both? suppose it cant hurt? or can it?!!??
AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

THANKS
Dave
Dave,

I think you are straining too much. For all practical purposes, attach the original statements 10th December to 17th March. And try to get a on-line temporary statement from 17th March to previous day 'date of your application' which is signed and stamped or on bank stationary as per the guidance. Attach a maintenance funds covering letter explaining to look for past 3 months ( Prev day to 3 month earlier) . Do not attach all other unnecessary documents as specified in your post and invite issue.

All the best
Cheers
Gita

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 am

I didn't understand. Why you need to show proofs of the amount deposited in your bank account.

I think HO's requirement is "You need to have money available in the form of cash in your bank account".

Besides, if you can simply show you salary amount deposited in your bank, it should be fine to cover for your salary along with payslips.

I don't think HO can challenge you on the basis of where the money came from or in what capacity you received the money. I think you should be fine even without providing additional evidences/letters. Just highlight the amount you claim for and show the total amount available to you since last 3 months.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:21 pm

I also agree with Chetan. There is no need for going into such detailed explanation on where and how the money came. Provide only that information that is requested. In your case it is the bank statement. If HO wants to challenge the deposit at all, they can very well challenge the normal balance maintained.

Sometimes, providing unnecessary extra information may prove detrimental. If you are sceptical about the deposit, just write a one liner saying that you sold shares to maintain the balance.

Here is what the guidance note says in point 15
We only need evidence that is directly relevant to the application, as set out in this guidance. We will not consider unrelated evidence when calculating the points score.
chetanojha wrote:I didn't understand. Why you need to show proofs of the amount deposited in your bank account.

I think HO's requirement is "You need to have money available in the form of cash in your bank account".

Besides, if you can simply show you salary amount deposited in your bank, it should be fine to cover for your salary along with payslips.

I don't think HO can challenge you on the basis of where the money came from or in what capacity you received the money. I think you should be fine even without providing additional evidences/letters. Just highlight the amount you claim for and show the total amount available to you since last 3 months.