ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surcharge 50 GBP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

T90

surcharge 50 GBP

Post by T90 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Again they are targetting the wrong people, it the Easten European they should be charging, but no they are from EU.

sheedatali

Post by sheedatali » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Siggi wrote:Again they are targetting the wrong people, it the Easten European they should be charging, but no they are from EU.
I totally agree, why should I have to pay extra when I have paid in FULL for my education fee as international student, paying taxes from day one just as much as any other British citizen and happy to contribute to society just as much any other British Citizen is obliged/ought to do. Isn't this going to make people more reluctant to come here (I am talking about skilled individuals).

What I could not understand from the article was, is it a one off fee when getting visa or regular tax to paid?

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:38 pm

It's a one off fee so to be honest, quite neglagible.

"Isn't this going to make people more reluctant to come here (I am talking about skilled individuals)"

Yeah it probably will and it's probably the idea.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:14 pm

I have no idea what they are talking about in terms of strain.
The strain they cause themselves
For instance they talk about signing up with GP's instead of going to A&E.
Well when I was out of my normal area and was temporarily staying elsewhere due to a contract job, the local gp wouldnt see me and made me go to an A&E.
They just dont see that the majority of the cost comes from them being so unorganized and ill informed. Otherwise I wouldnt mind paying these fees.
For instance the security fee on tickets after 9-11. Well um those dufus at the airport haven't tightened security, they have just made it more tedious and I have to pay for their incompetence.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

republique wrote:I have no idea what they are talking about in terms of strain.
The strain they cause themselves
For instance they talk about signing up with GP's instead of going to A&E.
Well when I was out of my normal area and was temporarily staying elsewhere due to a contract job, the local gp wouldnt see me and made me go to an A&E.
They just dont see that the majority of the cost comes from them being so unorganized and ill informed. Otherwise I wouldnt mind paying these fees.
For instance the security fee on tickets after 9-11. Well um those dufus at the airport haven't tightened security, they have just made it more tedious and I have to pay for their incompetence.
Hmm the airport security I must admit I agree on. I read the other day about a Brit that got on a plane and had his toothpaste and hair gel confiscated, only to find when he got off at the other end that he had a handful of live shotgun shells in his coat pocket! *Claps for the UK Secruity*

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:49 pm

republique wrote:They just dont see that the majority of the cost comes from them being so unorganized and ill informed.
Good point. When I recall the time I have spent dealing with bureaucracy that did not understand the issue - obviously there was always someone there to argue with me (usually wrong, but still present).

So yes, that is certainly a problem.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Vanadil wrote:It's a one off fee so to be honest, quite neglagible.
It's NOT a one-off fee. Read here:
"The exact charge has not been confirmed but the department says it is expected to be about £50.
Initially it will be charged for two years only,"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7951721.stm

Based on the way these blokes have been screwing non-EU immigrants all along, I wouldn't be surprised if the amount charged ends up being much more than £50, and possibly for several years.

They talk about using this money to provide for support services like translation in immigrant ghettos, but these costs are the result of large numbers of eastern European immigrants, e.g. Slough., not because of highly skilled non-EU immigrants.

And not to forget the fact that they have increased the general visa fees any way!

It's amazing how much crap they are able to so openly dump on skilled non-EU immigrants. Why? Because they can get away with it. And because it creates enough noise, to appease the general public - and win cheap votes.

It's sickening.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:07 pm

It IS a one off fee and is only intended to affect new applicants for the next two years.

Or else your Maths given the figures stated mean -

£50 per month = £600 x 2 years = £1200

£70 million (The estimated money genrated from this idea) / £1200 =

58,333 Migrants would enter the UK.

I can assure you that in 2 years there are a lot more than 59,000 non - EU's comming to the UK.