ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

u0543
Newly Registered

Post by u0543 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:03 am

nanette wrote:Got a nice lady. She said they are waiting on Garda report and it may take 2 to 3 months.

I will check on this again probably in month or so.

Nanette
Never ever trust to such declarations! They are used to say 2 to 6 months.
My application is with garda for 6 months and a can't see it will be cleared in the next 6 months.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:07 am

Yep same for me waiting for report from external agencies.. I believe someone must have given out to them abt Garda Siochana being mentioned. Earlier we were told waiting for Garda enquiry.. Now it has changed to waiting for report from external agencies...and no mention of timelines for how long will it take. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
But have to give credit to INIS for answering questions with patience...even though i believe they are bound wid internal red tape
regards
tiggs

BDSK2003

At last got through

Post by BDSK2003 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 am

At last got through after trying for 10 minutes, another 15 minutes of holding, I was told that there is a huge backlog of 3000 checks waiting to come in from Garda, They are starting to come in since Feb 08,

I asked about why its taking so long for people applied in 2 nd half of 2006, she told that that’s the time they got huge number of applications for naturalisation.

I asked is there any problem with applications applied in late 2006 or whether the files are lost, she said that there is no problem with any of the applications applied in 2006 and the files are not lost, they are in the system and most of them are waiting for Garda check.

As I applied in Sept 2006, they are waiting for my last check which is Garda check, the file will be finally reviewed again and passed to Minister.

Good Luck guys, Looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel….may be another 6 months :lol:

BDSK

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:12 pm

jhbmike wrote:To all those who have been told that there application has been completed or has been sent to the minister and have been waiting a while now. Maybe you should write directly to the Dublin office asking for an update as all final processing is done there.I have done same this morning. It seem the Tipperrary office cannot give an accurate update at that stage of processing.
Got a written reply today from dublin office. In the letter it states that average processing times are now at 30 months and they require no further information.
So there it is- straight from the horses mouth - ave processing times are in fact considerably longer than is stated on the inis website.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:59 pm

To Jhbike....who do you write to in Dublin Office to get an update and what do you need to put in the letter pls?

Cheers

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Got a written reply today from dublin office. In the letter it states that average processing times are now at 30 months and they require no further information.
So there it is- straight from the horses mouth - ave processing times are in fact considerably longer than is stated on the inis website.

LOL

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:43 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:To Jhbike....who do you write to in Dublin Office to get an update and what do you need to put in the letter pls?
Cheers
Inis
Citizenship Division
13-14 Burgh Quay
Dublin2

I gave direct qoutes from the inis website about the average processing times and that it states they are processing applications from June 2007. On the website it states that they are in some cases waiting for applicants to return documents and this was one of the reasons that an application could be delayed. Ask them if they have all the documentation they require from you or if there is anything outstanding.

Hope this helps!

At least if you have a reply from them in writing it puts youre mind at ease to a certain point, otherwise youll just lose youre mind phoning every week. Im 2 months short of 30 months with my application. Hopefully ill recieve some news by then. If not ill send another letter.
I think if letters are sent it is more official and you cant be fobbed off!

citi
Newly Registered

Post by citi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi all,

Received my citizenship approval letter today in ordinary post.

Timeline for approval:

Applied in April 2007 based on 5 year residency
Requested Documents (P21, Birth Affidavit, 3 months payslips) sent in December 2008 and receipt acknowledged by DOJ in Jan 2009.
Approval letter issued in March 2009.

Hope this information helps others seeking to obtain Irish citizenship and good luck to all who have applied.

Hope4Best@
Newly Registered

Post by Hope4Best@ » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new in this forum i did apply in june 2006, asked for extra documents in oct 2008 sent all in same month, still waiitng for garda clearance.
__

Congs Citi, How many years you are in ireland.

Regards,
Hope4Best

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Further proof that something *really* odd is going on with the applications made in the second half of 2006.

I suspect that some type of internal procedural foul-up occurred during the processing of these applications that has required that they all be rechecked and reprocessed. It makes *no* sense that applications from 2007 are getting cleared while ours are still lost in an administrative no-man's land.

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 pm

citi wrote:Hi all,

Timeline for approval:

Requested Documents (P21, Birth Affidavit, 3 months payslips) sent in December 2008 and receipt acknowledged by DOJ in Jan 2009.

Hope this information helps others seeking to obtain Irish citizenship and good luck to all who have applied.
Yours must be Fastest application processed (ever since i joined) in this forum. Lucky you!!

Great news after all. Good luck!!

crown

Post by crown » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Timeline for approval:

Congrats You are very lucky Quite fast
Enjoy being a Paddy

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Just wondering if it will be worth sending a collective letter to the minister asking for more clarifications with regards to the applications made in 2006? :roll:

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 am

Just wondering if it will be worth sending a collective letter to the minister asking for more clarifications with regards to the applications made in 2006? Rolling Eyes
Very good idea, i am sure lot of people might already contacted their local TD's (if they are not no body is going fight on behalf their they have to face it) Yes actually that will HIGHLIGHT the plight and looooooooooooong wait for applicants of 2006.

If some body could collect the details

Ref No:
Name:
Date of First Applied:
Date of First Acknowledgement:

and good cover lettter highlighting the issue will shed more light on these applicaitons of 2006..

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:02 am

anotherimmigrant wrote:

Timeline for approval:

Yours must be Fastest application processed (ever since i joined) in this forum. Lucky you!!

Great news after all. Good luck!!
I know of a friend of mine who got approval yesterday. He applied in May 2007 ! How about that?!

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:15 am

HOTSPURS wrote:I know of a friend of mine who got approval yesterday. He applied in May 2007 ! How about that?!
Outrageous, simply outrageous!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
(I've been waiting since mid '06)

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:00 pm

tom4 wrote:
HOTSPURS wrote:I know of a friend of mine who got approval yesterday. He applied in May 2007 ! How about that?!
Outrageous, simply outrageous!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
(I've been waiting since mid '06)
Mine was in Aug 06... I tried to count how many of us here waiting since mid 06 and it looks like there are 4 or 5 people I can see and this is the visible side of the iceberg.

God knows how many more out there from mid 06... To be honest I have no clue for 2007 applications. Their status must be different either married to an EU citizen or might have their LTR already which might make process faster for garda check etc. as it was already done.

One of my friends applied in July 06 and got approval last month so they processed his application in 31 months though he already had an LTR. This might have reduced the time...

About the outside agencies stuff, i agree that they changed their wording about garda clearence probably somebody started to give out about the backlog.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:25 pm

I count 13 on this forum from May to July '06.

That will make a goob pub session when/if they are approved :D

rustig
Newly Registered

Also applied 2006

Post by rustig » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:47 pm

I also applied in Aug 2006. Regular updates. LTR Feb 2009. My friend in Canada could not believe that there is no system in place in Ireland and also the amount of money we end up paying. She thought I was living in a third world.
Still waiting. :evil:

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Has anyone got there application back asking for justification on mismatch of information in their original application form and the birth affidavit or marriage affidavit or any other things? If you got so, can you tell me what you had to do?

I got my application back saying the birth-dates did not match, they sent me a fresh affidavit template.. gosh the new application form has imprisonment written right on the top, does this mean bad news? :(

NearlyIrish

How are applications dealt with after submission

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Here's what I found on the INIS website. My attention was particularly drawn to point 5 where it seems that many of us are stuck. There is mention of only 3 agencies as far as I can read/see which are a) The Revenue Revenue Commissioners and b) Department of Social and Family Affairs - to check ability to support financially and c) Garda - for certificate of good character. Where are we stuck?? go find out!!!

How is my application Dealt with after submission?
1. Upon receipt, an initial examination of each application is carried out to determine if the application form has been completed fully.
2. Incomplete application forms are returned to the applicant for amendment.
3. Valid applications are then examined to determine if the applicant meets the statutory residency criteria set out in the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 1956, as amended.
4. Applicants are informed of any shortfall in their residency, within a matter of weeks from the date the application is received, and will be able to re-apply when they have the required residency.
5. Further processing takes place at a later stage and involves assessing an applicant’s financial status in respect of their ability to support themselves in the State. Enquiries with the Revenue Commissioners and the Department of Social and Family Affairs may be necessary in this regard. At the same time enquiries are also made with the Garda Síochána to clarify if the applicant can be deemed to be of good character.
6. Once all enquiries are completed, the file is referred to the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform for a decision

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:56 pm

To cnu...if they've sent you a fresh affidavit form this means that they are still considering your application as being a valid one. You just need to make sure you provide the right one now. No need for panic from my point-of-view.

cnu

Post by cnu » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Thats very comforting NearlyIrish, thanks very much ... oops Goraib Maith Agath :D

tom4

Post by tom4 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:09 pm

The INIS citizenship page has been changed today...

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Nothing new or interesting, they have removed the figures regarding what stage the applications were at.

BDSK2003

Another got approved who applied in May 07

Post by BDSK2003 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:17 pm

One of my friend got approval last week who applied in May 07.

!!! He is a Doctor !!! :? :? :? :?

BDSK