ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOT MY ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhijitg
Newly Registered

GOT MY ILR

Post by abhijitg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:12 pm

Hi all,
got my ILR yesterday from PEO Croydon...
Now my case as i have mentioned on "gaps in visa" topic.. i came in this country on 4th April 2004 and my next visa was due to expire on 30th sep.. however i received my visa on 24th nov 2004 causing almost 2 months gap on my visa. I applied for my SAR(Subject access request from home office).. it clearly stated that my application was received by their office on 3rd of september 2004 (before expiry date) and delays were due to them so thats NOT A GAP..anybody facing the same problem please do not worry. as long as your application is received by home office before the last day of your visa expiry your stay is valid.. it is only when your application is received by them after your visa expired is THE PROBLEM.. and you wont get a PR.. for further details get SAR from Home Office if you are not sure..
my case WP from 2004-2007 HSMP 2007-2009 visas overlapping each other. I am self employed and drawing dividends as being adviced by my accountant.

now documents u need to carry (MUST)
5 years P60/p45 especially for HSMP ( atleast for 2 years) + last 1 years salary/dividend slips( if u r self employed)
bank statements for 1 year( 6 months will do but better safe than sorry)
WPs for all 5 years. life in the UK test pass certificate,employers letter or accountants letter for Self employed

Passports( dependants as well if any), passport size photos( 2 each )

better to carry the following:[/b
marriage certificate, birth certificate of child

for self employed:
i also carried following documents as they might have asked for but they didnt.. varies from case to case
company formation letter, vat registration,company bank statement, Subject access request report, ex company letter explaining gap.. i took everything possible but only gave them what they wanted.. i have already mentioned that in(MUST ) list.

process was pretty ok.. took me 3 hrs altogether to get it.. there was huge que so first check up done by the reception .. after going thru some of the docs she told me to pay the fee.. once the fee was paid.. was called by the case worker in 30 mins time.. she went thru the passports, wps, and my economic conditions especially for the last 3 months.. and after 10 mins she said she was happy to grant me ILR.. asked me to come back after 1.30 hrs to collect the visa... so thats it..
if ur documentation is perfect , the process is quite easy..
All the best everyone.. if u need to know anything let me know. i will be more than happy to help u.. this forum has helped me a lott..

Abhijitg.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: GOT MY ILR

Post by senthil78 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:45 pm

abhijitg wrote:Hi all,
got my ILR yesterday from PEO Croydon...
Now my case as i have mentioned on "gaps in visa" topic.. i came in this country on 4th April 2004 and my next visa was due to expire on 30th sep.. however i received my visa on 24th nov 2004 causing almost 2 months gap on my visa. I applied for my SAR(Subject access request from home office).. it clearly stated that my application was received by their office on 3rd of september 2004 (before expiry date) and delays were due to them so thats NOT A GAP..anybody facing the same problem please do not worry. as long as your application is received by home office before the last day of your visa expiry your stay is valid.. it is only when your application is received by them after your visa expired is THE PROBLEM.. and you wont get a PR.. for further details get SAR from Home Office if you are not sure..
my case WP from 2004-2007 HSMP 2007-2009 visas overlapping each other. I am self employed and drawing dividends as being adviced by my accountant.

5 years P60/p45 especially for HSMP ( atleast for 2 years) + last 1 years salary/dividend slips( if u r self employed)
WPs for all 5 years. life in the UK test pass certificate,employers letter or accountants letter for Self employed

Passports( dependants as well if any), passport size photos( 2 each )

better to carry the following:[/b
marriage certificate, birth certificate of child

for self employed:
i also carried following documents as they might have asked for but they didnt.. varies from case to case
company formation letter, vat registration,company bank statement, Subject access request report, ex company letter explaining gap.. i took everything possible but only gave them what they wanted.. i have already mentioned that in(MUST ) list.

process was pretty ok.. took me 3 hrs altogether to get it.. there was huge que so first check up done by the reception .. after going thru some of the docs she told me to pay the fee.. once the fee was paid.. was called by the case worker in 30 mins time.. she went thru the passports, wps, and my economic conditions especially for the last 3 months.. and after 10 mins she said she was happy to grant me ILR.. asked me to come back after 1.30 hrs to collect the visa... so thats it..
if ur documentation is perfect , the process is quite easy..
All the best everyone.. if u need to know anything let me know. i will be more than happy to help u.. this forum has helped me a lott..

Abhijitg.

Hi Abijitg,
Congratulation and it is very good news. Just a small question from your post. You have mentioned that the HO received your application on 3rd september 2004. Is it your WP extension application or FLR application?.

Thanks

abhijitg
Newly Registered

Post by abhijitg » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 pm

WP extension and FLR together.. WP was granted to me on 24th Nov 2004.. my employer used to handle the entire process.. so WP got extented and my visa came stamped back on 15th of Decmeber 2004.. FLR cannot be granted to you unless u have ur WP extended.. as long as ur WP extension and i think the FLR form reaches them before ur visa expires that is OK.. still u can always go for SAR which shows in details whether the extension was valid or not.

just to add that i have sent my passports and my FLR form for my WP extensions in august end only .and my employer must have applied for both at the same time.coz on my SAR report its mentioned they received all documents including the passports on 3rd of Sep 2004.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:20 pm

abhijitg wrote:WP extension and FLR together.. WP was granted to me on 24th Nov 2004.. my employer used to handle the entire process.. so WP got extented and my visa came stamped back on 15th of Decmeber 2004.. FLR cannot be granted to you unless u have ur WP extended.. as long as ur WP extension and i think the FLR form reaches them before ur visa expires that is OK.. still u can always go for SAR which shows in details whether the extension was valid or not.

just to add that i have sent my passports and my FLR form for my WP extensions in august end only .and my employer must have applied for both at the same time.coz on my SAR report its mentioned they received all documents including the passports on 3rd of Sep 2004.
Hi Abhijitg,
Thanks for your reply. My case is slightly different from yours. My employer got the wp extension letter before expiry of my visa and applied my FLR after expiry of my visa. I posted my passport and application to my employer well in advance (Before they apply for WP extension), but my employer applied late. I am wondering, can you apply WP extension and FLR at the same time? The both are 2 different process.
You need a WP extension letter to apply your FLR. I too have got my SAR file which shows my employer applied late. You have mention that whether the extension is valid or not from SAR file. How do you find from SAR file?

Thanks for your help

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 pm

WP and FLR can be applied for at the same time. A covering letter can be used with the FLR to ask to delay consideration till the outcome of the WP application is known, thus Section 3(c) extension of leave kicks in.

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:25 pm

so what are u trying to say here?
for HSMP you need 5 years of p60/p45, or at least 2 years?

abhijitg
Newly Registered

Post by abhijitg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:11 am

senthil78 wrote:
abhijitg wrote:WP extension and FLR together.. WP was granted to me on 24th Nov 2004.. my employer used to handle the entire process.. so WP got extented and my visa came stamped back on 15th of Decmeber 2004.. FLR cannot be granted to you unless u have ur WP extended.. as long as ur WP extension and i think the FLR form reaches them before ur visa expires that is OK.. still u can always go for SAR which shows in details whether the extension was valid or not.

Hi Abhijitg,
Thanks for your reply. My case is slightly different from yours. My employer got the wp extension letter before expiry of my visa and applied my FLR after expiry of my visa. I posted my passport and application to my employer well in advance (Before they apply for WP extension), but my employer applied late. I am wondering, can you apply WP extension and FLR at the same time? The both are 2 different process.
You need a WP extension letter to apply your FLR. I too have got my SAR file which shows my employer applied late. You have mention that whether the extension is valid or not from SAR file. How do you find from SAR file?

Thanks for your help
from your SAR u can see whether the application reached them on time or not.. in my case the sar report came back with the photocopies of all the forms and documents that have been send and received by me from the HO and it was clearly written on the copy of my FLR form of 2004 that they reached them on 3rd of September 2004.. hence application valid and extension given thats what the outcome says.
i think u can speak with the home office directly and explain them ur situation and see what they have to say abt this... sorry i dont know much than this but i hope the very best for u.

abhijitg
Newly Registered

Post by abhijitg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 am

shockboy2000 wrote:

so what are u trying to say here?
for HSMP you need 5 years of p60/p45, or at least 2 years?

its better to carry all 5 yrs p60/p45 but especially for HSMP they r bit strict and can either ask for all 5yrs or atleast for the last 2-3 yrs.. in my case since i have applied for my hsmp in 2007 they wanted pay slips since the time i was granted hsmp.. since i didnt have that( was carring last 12 months)they wanted p60 from 2006 onwards... for hsmp they want to see ur economic conditions more strictly than wp holders..

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:30 am

abhijitg wrote:
senthil78 wrote:

Hi Abhijitg,

Thanks for your help
from your SAR u can see whether the application reached them on time or not.. in my case the sar report came back with the photocopies of all the forms and documents that have been send and received by me from the HO and it was clearly written on the copy of my FLR form of 2004 that they reached them on 3rd of September 2004.. hence application valid and extension given thats what the outcome says.
i think u can speak with the home office directly and explain them ur situation and see what they have to say abt this... sorry i dont know much than this but i hope the very best for u.
Hi Paul / Abhijit,
Thanks for your reply. I have already enquired at HO, they simply told me that they cannot pre asess my case and it is upto the case worker and based on the evidence. Probably need to wait 8 more months to quaify my ILR without any gap in visa provided if the rule doesn't change.

Thanks