ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Self employed and employed.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Biggie

Naturalisation - Self employed and employed.

Post by Biggie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Guys,

On the AN Form for naturalisation, in section 3 of the "GOOD CHARACTER REQUIREMENT" there is a question about being self employed and employed. I am self employed and have only started trading in Jan 09 and cannot show evidence of tax payments for self employed applicants as l have not yet done the self assessment. What happens then?

Also l have a part-time employed job where l do 8 hours a week, what do l do about this?

Can you still apply and send off the application and put a letter explaining the situation.

Thanks,

Biggie.

republique
BANNED

Re: Naturalisation - Self employed and employed.

Post by republique » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Biggie wrote:Hi Guys,

On the AN Form for naturalisation, in section 3 of the "GOOD CHARACTER REQUIREMENT" there is a question about being self employed and employed. I am self employed and have only started trading in Jan 09 and cannot show evidence of tax payments for self employed applicants as l have not yet done the self assessment. What happens then?

Also l have a part-time employed job where l do 8 hours a week, what do l do about this?

Can you still apply and send off the application and put a letter explaining the situation.

Thanks,

Biggie.
I wouldn't even bother stating self employed if you just started but you can if you want.
Just write selfemployment being in January thus no self assessment will be availalbe and provide info on the part time job, that will do as you don't have to be working to be naturalised.

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Republique

Thanks, I will not mention the self employment.

Biggie.

Juliano
Newly Registered

Post by Juliano » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:36 pm

Biggie wrote:Republique

Thanks, I will not mention the self employment.

Biggie.
I'm not quite sure whether this is a good idea.

Have you registerd as self-employed with the inland revenue yet?

The AN form says that checks will be carried out with the police and other government agencies. If the inland revenue reports you're registered as self-employed, but you have not mentioned that on the nationality application form, you might have a problem.

J

Rohan
Newly Registered

Post by Rohan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:06 pm

My situation is more or less the same.
When we (self/wife) applied (Oct - 2008) we were employed full time and I had a part time Job as well. After two months of the application we started our own business and became self-employeed. I still have my part time Job as well. We are regeistered with the IR as self employed now. I wrote to HO about the change of circumstances (just a week ago) and still awaiting a response from them.

I think the best idea would be to let them know about the changes.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:53 pm

Rohan wrote:My situation is more or less the same.
When we (self/wife) applied (Oct - 2008) we were employed full time and I had a part time Job as well. After two months of the application we started our own business and became self-employeed. I still have my part time Job as well. We are regeistered with the IR as self employed now. I wrote to HO about the change of circumstances (just a week ago) and still awaiting a response from them.

I think the best idea would be to let them know about the changes.
As you have informed them, then you are bound to do it
if the OP hasn't gotten around to it and is still in the throes of setting up, then don't

Biggie

Post by Biggie » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 pm

Have you registerd as self-employed with the inland revenue yet?
I have registered as self-employed, so l guess if they are to do the checks l will be found out. So l guess l will tick yes to self emloyed and explain the situation of no self assessment done and mention the part-time gig.

Thanks,

Biggie.