ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation debt & unemployment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Juliano
Newly Registered

naturalisation debt & unemployment

Post by Juliano » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello All

I've been browsing the forum but havent found any postings about my concerns so I decided to start a topic.

I was thinking about applying for naturalisation, and took the life in the UK test. Now I've been trying to complete the form, but I got stuck.

Does any one know if being in debt counts as not being of good character? The Home Office says they will check agencies. Do you know whether this includes credit reference agencies? If they take debt and low income as a problem, I'm afraid I might not qualify. What do you think?

I've been employed for about 10 months now, but was unemployed twice in the last five years for more than 6 months and didnt claim benefits so I think I might have gaps in my tax history.

I'd be grateful if any of the more experience members here would give me some advice.

Thanks in advance

JP

republique
BANNED

Re: naturalisation debt & unemployment

Post by republique » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Juliano wrote:Hello All

I've been browsing the forum but havent found any postings about my concerns so I decided to start a topic.

I was thinking about applying for naturalisation, and took the life in the UK test. Now I've been trying to complete the form, but I got stuck.

Does any one know if being in debt counts as not being of good character? The Home Office says they will check agencies. Do you know whether this includes credit reference agencies? If they take debt and low income as a problem, I'm afraid I might not qualify. What do you think?

I've been employed for about 10 months now, but was unemployed twice in the last five years for more than 6 months and didnt claim benefits so I think I might have gaps in my tax history.

I'd be grateful if any of the more experience members here would give me some advice.

Thanks in advance

JP
Current employment is not an issue
debt is an issue if you have CCJ against you

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: naturalisation debt & unemployment

Post by keshgrover » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:43 pm

Juliano wrote:Hello All

Thanks in advance

JP
Juliano, Could you kindly let me know what happen to your case as my borther is in same situation as you was. Please get back to me.
KESH

billybob
Newly Registered

Post by billybob » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:11 am

Hello,

I have a similar problem - I've had very low income recently, and a CCJ for a store card. How will this impact on my citizenship application? Does anyone have any similar problems/suggestions?

Help!

Thanks

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:24 pm

when did you receive the CCJ

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:12 pm

f2k wrote:when did you receive the CCJ
My Uncle and my brother had same problem. My uncle's working hours were cut down in June 2007 and he had 5 different credit card and store card CCJ's on him in December 2007. He paid one of them fully and have arranged regular payments with rest on monthly basis recently. f2k, what do think his chances are as he is due to apply Naturalisation in December this year and my borther is due in January 2010.
KESH

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:32 pm

keshgrover wrote:
f2k wrote:when did you receive the CCJ
My Uncle and my brother had same problem. My uncle's working hours were cut down in June 2007 and he had 5 different credit card and store card CCJ's on him in December 2007. He paid one of them fully and have arranged regular payments with rest on monthly basis recently. f2k, what do think his chances are as he is due to apply Naturalisation in December this year and my borther is due in January 2010.
I think you have to mention it as you are required to mention any 'civil procedings. If you have made arrangements to pay i dont think it is should be a problem. Also problem is if one is a persistent offender

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary