ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone has experience in sending additional doc???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wp_to_tier1_168

Anyone has experience in sending additional doc???

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:24 pm

Hello Chaps,

Does anyone sent additional documents then succeeded afterwards. How long did it take for your application to be completed after you sent it?

I sent an additional bank statement over a duration prior to the previous one on the same account four weeks ago. Now it's been ten weeks since my initial submission. The progress still seems very intermittent and I don't know how long it will take further :(

I'm afraid the case worker may start to really look into my case six weeks since I sent the addition doc, which means in two weeks' time. Anyone can give me a clue?

bunti
Newly Registered

Post by bunti » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:35 am

yes I sent addtitional documents using "change of circumstances" form.you can get the form on BIA website. I checked "other" section and send them of sheffied address given on the form.
I know my papers reached because all addtional paper i sent were returned with my passport and other documents.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:54 am

Bunti, thanks very much for your reply. Could you tell me how long it did take for your passport to be returned after you sent the additional documents? BTW, I sent additional document along with change of circumstances form as well.
bunti wrote:yes I sent addtitional documents using "change of circumstances" form.you can get the form on BIA website. I checked "other" section and send them of sheffied address given on the form.
I know my papers reached because all addtional paper i sent were returned with my passport and other documents.

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 am

Bunti,

Another question is when you sent additional docs since your initial submission. I just try to figure out the rough timeline regarding additional docs.

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:29 am

wp_to_tier1_168, I dont think there is any standard time frame incase if you send additional documents.

I sent additional information on the driving convictions but in my case it took normal time which is 5 to 6 weeks... seriously it depends on the case worker dealing with your case...

btw.. did you call UKBA for the conformation on the reciept of your additioanl documents?

My understandin says that if documents are recieved before application is allocated to the case worker, it will follow the normal proces.. incase if application is already with the case worker (decision already taken/or under consideration) and then you send more docs.. he might pass this to his seniors for advice/re-review... this is what i was conveyed over the phone..

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:09 pm

nksg, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I confirmed it has been received by them. I think the time when I sent it, my application has already been with the case worker and probably just under consideration, as I had checked it after the submission. And so far since then, the progress has been very very slow, "awaiting futher consideration" for nearly 4 weeks except "under consideration" only once per week. so frustaring... :(
nksg wrote:wp_to_tier1_168, I dont think there is any standard time frame incase if you send additional documents.

I sent additional information on the driving convictions but in my case it took normal time which is 5 to 6 weeks... seriously it depends on the case worker dealing with your case...

btw.. did you call UKBA for the conformation on the reciept of your additioanl documents?

My understandin says that if documents are recieved before application is allocated to the case worker, it will follow the normal proces.. incase if application is already with the case worker (decision already taken/or under consideration) and then you send more docs.. he might pass this to his seniors for advice/re-review... this is what i was conveyed over the phone..

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Honestly.. in my case before i sent the docs.. i was told the name of the case worker.. the helpline guy told me to send the doc.. FO.. MR <caseworker name>.. but when i got my approval.. it was signed by some one else..

To what i know and i have seen its usually the case workers signatures you expect to see on the approval letter.. i think after i sent futher info, it was refered to some other case worker...

wp_to_tier1_168

Post by wp_to_tier1_168 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:03 am

nksg, How did you manage to get the case worker name? Normally, the enquiry guys are very reluctant to give more information than status.

vagabond4life

Post by vagabond4life » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:24 am

With regards to additional documents sent after initial application, I have a question. I submitted my application on 28th Feb and looking at normal timframe of approval (6 weeks), my file would come up with case worker sometime after 10th April.

My question is: Can I submit Income tax return for my Indian income as additional docs. As 31st March '09 is last date of fin year, the return can be filed on 1st April '09 and the acknowledgement can be received in UK by end of first week in April.

I have claimed inome for period ending 31st Jan '09 and can get a CAs letter & invoices to show Indian income was received before 31st Jan.

If I do submit the IT return, will it be considered against application date or 31st March. The prob is that between Jan & March I move into diff age slab and lose 5 points

Please advise

nksg

Post by nksg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 pm

They are "reluctant".. but that does not mean they dont.. depends on the person you are talking to.. in my case it worked..
wp_to_tier1_168 wrote:nksg, How did you manage to get the case worker name? Normally, the enquiry guys are very reluctant to give more information than status.