ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa query...Urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Visa_Novice

Dependent visa query...Urgent

Post by Visa_Novice » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:59 am

My wife is planning to go to India to write her exams in June first week. If I apply for tier 1 in-country now then I expect that we should receive our passports by that time. In the worst case if we do not receive our passports by that time then can I request for fast processing at that time based on the reason of her exam so that she can attend the exam? or they do not entertain such kind of reasons ? Or it may lead to withdrawal of application? What you people suggest? Shall I apply now for me only and apply for her once she comes back after writing the exam or just go ahead with my wifes application as well? I hope that you appreciate the fact that additional application will cost me again 750 GBP or may be more as rules are going to change ?
Based on current waiting time and waiting time of April (I expect less number of application in April after change of rules) what would be the advisable step I should take. Senior members please help.

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Could any body please reply and suggest me something ?
Shall I consider that there will be less number of application in April due to change in rules which will minimise the time taken for the applicant of previous months ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:47 pm

Visa_Novice wrote:Could any body please reply and suggest me something ?
Shall I consider that there will be less number of application in April due to change in rules which will minimise the time taken for the applicant of previous months ?
The counter argument is, those who were planning to apply in April/May/June and later must have applied sooner and HO would have a huge back log to clear in April + start assessing new applications submitted under revised system.

You should submit the application now with a request that this be considered at the earliest due to reasons above. if possible attach documentary proof to support your claim. In the worst scenario you might have to withdraw her application. You have nothing to lose by applying immediately as, if you go for Option two you are talking about additional fee in any case.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:45 pm

If I submit application of both of us together then can I withdraw application of my wife and keep continue with my application, if I do not get our passport on time. Is it possible as we will be applying together ?

Visa_Novice

Post by Visa_Novice » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Coild any senior member please resolve my query .
Thanks