ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Terroris acts in London and their impact on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kotiara

Terroris acts in London and their impact on HSMP

Post by Kotiara » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:19 pm

I was terribly shocked by what happened in London today. Over 30 people dead.

I wonder how the terrorist acts will impact the HSMP programme and immigration policy in general. Here's what I think:

Short-term effect. There might be an insignificant increase of HSMP application processing time, but I don't think that the HO will stop its operations for a long period of time because of the events.

Long-term effect. I'm afraid the economy will be negatively impacted by the events, so it'll probably be harder to find a job. More prople in the UK will become xenophobic, so again, it will be harder to find a job, especially for those coming from muslim countries. Immigration rules are likely to be tightened, including those for HSMP holders/applicants.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:14 pm

Not sure about the short term effects, but I fear you may be correct about the long term effects.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:27 am

people got short memories , People over here are hard working and brave ,

keep open mind , business is not bother of religion , eg. gulf many hindus r working

relax

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:08 pm

People over here are hard working <== lol.... :-)

dokwal
BANNED

Post by dokwal » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:14 pm

life is really hard over here

we see they have high standard : due to over debt and spending all income (no savings)

relax

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:15 pm

how can you say they are hardworking and also they have high standard : due to over debt and spending all income (no savings) ??

if they were hard working they wouldn't have the need to get into huge debts...

life is really hard over here <== agree with you on this one though, 64 months in this country and still struggling

dsd
Newly Registered

Post by dsd » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:22 pm

hi oilsun , 64 months in UK & still struggling ??????? no savings ??? still not settled ?????? if yes then i am thinking WHY TO COME HERE ????????????? Please let me know monthly expence for a family of 3 person [ including 1 child ] .

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:27 am

The local people generally run up high debts because they do not compromise on lifestyle eg wearing designer labels, exotic holidays, regular visits to the pub, owning expensive gadgets etc. irrespective of their income.

But for the immigrants UK is a very expensive place and it is difficult to generate surplus unless you are a skilled IT professional/ Doctor. My friends who immigrated to Canada same time I came to UK have settled better. This was also due to the fact that as there was no ambiguity in their immigration status and not having a 1 year trial period they were able to get regular jobs earlier. Here one has to derive satisfaction in qualitative improvement of life.

Bukhari

Post by Bukhari » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi,
What will be impact on recent applications for extension?
Is there any one got extension after this tragedy?
Many Thanks

Regards
Bukhari

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:46 am

dokwal wrote:people got short memories
Are you sure we are talking about the British? :wink:
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture