ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 pm

To Rustig...

How long did our LTR take to process?

Also, at which stage of the process is your citizenship application now i.e. Garda, other agencies etc?? as communicated by INIS

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I am new to this forum.
Initial Application: June 2006 based on 5 years Work permit
ACK: in July 2006
I kept the dept up-to-date with in 2007/2008 p60 & GNIB stamps in my passport.
Additional Docs requested: (P21,bank statement, payslips) Nov 2008. sent & received ack in nov 2008
Additional Docs requested: (Tax Clearance Cert) in feb 2009. sent and received ack in mar 2009.
FYI, I already got LTR, it doesn't speed-up Garda clearance or anything. they are still waiting for my Garda Clearance...(march'09)

Hoping for the best !!!
NotYetIrish

rustig
Newly Registered

Post by rustig » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:55 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:To Rustig...

How long did our LTR take to process?

Also, at which stage of the process is your citizenship application now i.e. Garda, other agencies etc?? as communicated by INIS
October 2006 for LTR. I do not bother to phone to enquire, because I will get annoyed with waiting and stupid answers. On my last update confirmation, they mentioned "outside" agency.

I see that they do check to see how much finaces you have. Well I will transfer money into Ireland the day I become citizen and only then purchase a house.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:48 pm

To NotYetIrish...

I applied in May 2006 and we have almost the same timelines.

I'm just scratching my head to understand what's going. I must write to them again and state that I'm a doctor as well, a PC doctor.
We need to get the yard on this 2006 application vacuum :D

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:54 pm

HOTSPURS wrote: I know of a friend of mine who got approval yesterday. He applied in May 2007 ! How about that?!
Another lucky guy i guess what can i say. 23 months average time mentioned in the web site may be true for the people applied in 2007.

nicepecsigot

Post by nicepecsigot » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:00 pm

its lottery really.considering people applied in 2006 and no response yet.my collegue applied 2006 and when he ask whats the update he was told they are checking on his garda,bank statement i dunno how they do checking.wheres as i apllied feb 2007 and got approve nov last year and got my passport jan 09.so as i keep saying its pure luck like lottery :shock:

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:24 pm

tom4 wrote:I count 13 on this forum from May to July '06.

That will make a goob pub session when/if they are approved :D
I like this idea... we should do that.

A_I

Persol
Newly Registered

Post by Persol » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi all,
my friend is asked to send her P21, payslips and bank statement. The prob is that she has no money in her bank account and she has been overdrafting during the last 3 months. Will this cause her any probs? She has a good immigration history though and she gets paid well enough! Her prob is that she spends all her money quickly!

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 am

Persol wrote:Hi all,
my friend is asked to send her P21, payslips and bank statement. The prob is that she has no money in her bank account and she has been overdrafting during the last 3 months. Will this cause her any probs? She has a good immigration history though and she gets paid well enough! Her prob is that she spends all her money quickly!
Personally, I'd be very concerned. One of the criteria for approval is that one is able to support oneself financially in Ireland. INIS has refused some people on account of receiving unemployment benefit even though these people were fully entitled to it since they had had been working and making good money for years before they had the misfortune of being made redundant. INIS does not seem to interested in the whys and wherefores--merely states of affairs.

So even though she's working, she's being financially irresponsible and all that needs to happen for things to spiral out of control is for her to lose her job--and this is a very *real* possibility for most everyone right now.

NotYetIrish
Newly Registered

Post by NotYetIrish » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:56 am

NearlyIrish wrote:To NotYetIrish...

I applied in May 2006 and we have almost the same timelines.

I'm just scratching my head to understand what's going. I must write to them again and state that I'm a doctor as well, a PC doctor.
We need to get the yard on this 2006 application vacuum :D
this system is like a wife. Just love it, don't try to understand.
you will be happy!!! Hah..Hah..ha.. :lol:

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:01 am

This thread has gotten pretty long now and it's proving very hard to track exactly how long it's taking people to get citizenship after applying to the DoJ. I've created a spreadsheet to track details of applicants so we can see how long app's are really taking. My hope is that we can see whether anyone is actually being processed in the advertised average of 23 months, and see if there are any trends on how/when processing happens.

Feel free to add your name: http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps . If you'd like more or different info captured (i.e. more columns) just let me know.
Last edited by scrudu on Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am

sideshowsue wrote:
Persol wrote:Hi all,
Personally, I'd be very concerned. One of the criteria for approval is that one is able to support oneself financially in Ireland. INIS has refused some people on account of receiving unemployment benefit even though these people were fully entitled to it since they had had been working and making good money for years before they had the misfortune of being made redundant. INIS does not seem to interested in the whys and wherefores--merely states of affairs.

So even though she's working, she's being financially irresponsible and all that needs to happen for things to spiral out of control is for her to lose her job--and this is a very *real* possibility for most everyone right now.
In fairness I dont believe this to be a problem. As long as you arent drawing benefits it shouldnt be a problem. Who has thousands of euro lying around sitting in a current account nowadays(very few id imagine). We bought a house a while back and put a hefty deposit down which cleared out our savings. Should we have left that money in the current account to satisfy INIS that we had money in reserve.
As long as you have a regular income you are self sufficient.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:11 am

lets throw more into rumour pot... application prior to 2007...i.e. 2006 etc... are the ones in dublin..citizenship office... technically everyone from citizenship office has to move to Tipp as part of decentralisation process. But longer they hold to applications... better their chances are to be in Dublin.
Just got this one from someone close to me working in four courts.
regards
tiggs

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:29 am

tiggs wrote:lets throw more into rumour pot... application prior to 2007...i.e. 2006 etc... are the ones in dublin..citizenship office... technically everyone from citizenship office has to move to Tipp as part of decentralisation process. But longer they hold to applications... better their chances are to be in Dublin.
regards
tiggs
That's completely infuriating if true. Nevertheless it does explain the whole '2006 apps aren't budging' thing.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:40 am

as i said its just a RUMOUR .... 8) 8) 8)
coz 2006 mystery is getting deeper n deeper.
regards
tiggs

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:42 am

tiggs wrote:lets throw more into rumour pot... application prior to 2007...i.e. 2006 etc... are the ones in dublin..citizenship office... technically everyone from citizenship office has to move to Tipp as part of decentralisation process. But longer they hold to applications... better their chances are to be in Dublin.
regards
tiggs
Tiggs not sure what you are trying to say here - is it that the longer youre app is in Dublin the greater the chance of approval, or the longer youre app is in Dublin the longer it will take to get processed.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Jhbmike,
Lets just be clear ..its just an Rumour..But said that.. i meant or it seems as if 2006 apps are taking way longer than 2007 apps.. and no one is able to explain the exact reason:
- some said waiting time is 30 months (ok will buy that and wait)
- some said its case by case basis(but we have seen people getting processed in fairly random order)
- etc..etc...

But lets all hope thats not the case..
Regards
tiggs

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:11 am

jhbmike wrote:
regards
tiggs
Tiggs not sure what you are trying to say here - is it that the longer youre app is in Dublin the greater the chance of approval, or the longer youre app is in Dublin the longer it will take to get processed.
As tiggs has indicated, this is purely speculation, but it does seem to explain why 2006 apps have effectively been buried.

In effect, what this rumour suggests is that, currently, workers employed in the Dublin office are sitting on applications made before 2007. This is with a view of delaying/avoiding/hoping they will not be moved to the Tipperary office. In short, this increases the processing time. It's a delaying tactic pure and simple, and we have no comeback against this.

To repeat, this is a rumour that has not been substantiated so treat this as unsubstantiated speculation.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:19 am

YMC wrote:
tom4 wrote: I notice that lately they seem to have dropped their claim that they are processed in chronological order.
The Minister still maintains that they deal with applications "chronologically", see a PQ below. Which proves, as we all know anyway, that he wouldn't even blink lying through his teeth. Well, he wouldn't blink about 23 month either. Do you pepople find it really ironic, that an organisation called "department of justice and equality" will be the one to treat people so grossly unfair and unjust! I personally find it sickening... And the really bitter part is that we can't complain anywhere about it.
Dermot Ahern wrote: 627. Deputy Leo Varadkar Information Zoom asked the Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform Information Zoom the order in which applications for naturalisation are dealt with; if any cases are being expedited; the basis on which this is done; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [1259/09]

Minister for Justice, Equality and Law Reform (Deputy Dermot Ahern): Information Zoom Applications for certificates of naturalisation are dealt with in chronological order as this is deemed to be the fairest system for all applicants. Certain categories of applicant receive a faster decision as their cases are less complex and require less processing and assessment. These include refugees, spouses of Irish citizens and applications made on behalf of minors. In exceptional circumstances, I may expedite a decision on an application. Each application is assessed individually.

The average processing time from application to decision is now 23 months. More complicated cases can at times take considerably more than the current average while an element of straight forward cases are now being dealt with in less than that timescale. There is a limit to the processing time that can be achieved as applications for naturalisation must be processed in a way which preserves the necessary checks and balances to ensure it is not undervalued and is only given to persons who genuinely satisfy the necessary qualifying criteria.
Maybe this is the guy(Leo Varadkar) we need to ask to put forward the question as to why 2006 applications are on hold?

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:33 am

You can try, but we will just get one of the meaningless standard answers
(kind of like the one above).
Mine is 2006 and was in Tipp, now with Social welfare, not sure what this does to the theory, but I do know that there is a LOT of resistance to decentralisation and the go-slow approach is one that has been used in the past.
Last edited by tom4 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:39 am

Do update this if you can...
http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/sc ... nship_apps

Regards
Tiggs

Previous link had a typo just in case :)
Last edited by tiggs on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NearlyIrish

Post by NearlyIrish » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:49 am

To scrudu....great initiative. I'll definitely have a look and revert.

To JhbMike... really good idea to get in touch with Leo. How do we do this?
Any idea anyone?

I used to be a civil servant and one thing that civil servants forget is that their salaries and benefits come from the tax payments of residents in the form of Govt. Exp. All the govt is doing is transferring the money from us to them.

Given that Ireland has a long history of emigration, the day immigrants decide to flock out of this country there will be a big struggle to fund pensions/benefits + a big drain of human capital which most emerging countries like China, Brazil, Russia and India are capitalising and competing on. You need skilled people to build a strong economy and to make a difference. Here's an analogy for having a multi-cultural society: if you put the same ingredients in various dishes, and cook them the same way you will most probably end up with the same dish not a different or new dish. Hence, if you have the same people with the same skills and value sets as you there is less opportunity to have breakthrough synergies and innovation. If you say that your country is very much open for business then you also need to be ready to open your doors to people.

The way I look at it is we are some of the key customers of INIS. What will they be doing when the demand for naturalisation/immigration reduces significantly??? In the current economic climate no one is immune and only cost-effective orgs with a customer-centric culture will survive this turmoil and that includes the the govt. sector as well.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:37 pm

NearlyIrish wrote:To scrudu....great initiative. I'll definitely have a look and revert.

To JhbMike... really good idea to get in touch with Leo. How do we do this?
Any idea anyone?

I used to be a civil servant and one thing that civil servants forget is that their salaries and benefits come from the tax payments of residents in the form of Govt. Exp. All the govt is doing is transferring the money from us to them.

Given that Ireland has a long history of emigration, the day immigrants decide to flock out of this country there will be a big struggle to fund pensions/benefits + a big drain of human capital which most emerging countries like China, Brazil, Russia and India are capitalising and competing on. You need skilled people to build a strong economy and to make a difference. Here's an analogy for having a multi-cultural society: if you put the same ingredients in various dishes, and cook them the same way you will most probably end up with the same dish not a different or new dish. Hence, if you have the same people with the same skills and value sets as you there is less opportunity to have breakthrough synergies and innovation. If you say that your country is very much open for business then you also need to be ready to open your doors to people.

The way I look at it is we are some of the key customers of INIS. What will they be doing when the demand for naturalisation/immigration reduces significantly??? In the current economic climate no one is immune and only cost-effective orgs with a customer-centric culture will survive this turmoil and that includes the the govt. sector as well.
http://www.leovaradkar.ie/

Nearly Irish from this post, just an observation is that youre written skills seem eloquent. Maybe you can write a letter on our behalf. His contact details are on his website.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:10 pm

tom4 wrote:You can try, but we will just get one of the meaningless standard answers
(kind of like the one above).
Mine is 2006 and was in Tipp, now with Social welfare, not sure what this does to the theory, but I do know that there is a LOT of resistance to decentralisation and the go-slow approach is one that has been used in the past.
Could it also be that maybe they have been instructed to get the 2007 applications completed as quickly as possible so as to bring down the average processing times. I read somewhere in PQs about the unnaceptable average processing times.
What I suppose im trying to say is that they are rushing out newer applications and drip feeding the old ones so as to obscure the truth about the average processing times.

tom4

Post by tom4 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I agree.
But the minister has also said that he believes that 18 months is the best possible time.
Not really, UK are much faster, and for far greater numbers, too.
In any case, it makes no difference to us what they achieve in the future, our applications have already taken a scandalous amount of time.