ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone knows how to qualify for 4EUFAM Card? Pl Let me know

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

misterindia
Newly Registered

Anyone knows how to qualify for 4EUFAM Card? Pl Let me know

Post by misterindia » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi Guys

I am married to an irish citizen for the last 4.5 years and I have to renew my visa in September this year Plus I have already applied for the naturalisation as well last year which I think gonna easily take another couple of years. So the question I have is:

Firstly, Can I get the 4EUFAM Card and if I can then Do I have to apply now?

Secondly, Or I just go the Immi Dept in September to renew my visa for another 5 years?

Any information or knowledge on this matter will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Last edited by misterindia on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Can anyone throw light on this please?

Post by ca.funke » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:05 pm

misterindia wrote:Firstly, Can I get the 4EUFAM Card and if I can then Do I have to apply now?
Whether you can get the 4EUFam card depends on if you and/or your spouse has ever excercised treaty rights in another EU-country. I.e. did the Irish part of this realation ever work abroad?

Usually holidays abroad should also qualify, but the law is not clear about this and this is mostly rejected if you try to apply.

You can try to apply, no-one can stop you from sending the application.
misterindia wrote:Secondly, Or I just go the Immi Dept in September to renew my visa for another 5 years?
That'd be my second try, first try for 4EUFam and bring forward the point that you excercised treaty rights when you holidayed anywhere in the EU/EEA. (A trip to the UK is sufficient)
misterindia wrote:Any information or knowledge on this matter will be much appreciated.
Just a general hint: Change the topic of your thread to be meaningful, the subject "Can anyone throw light on this please?" is so generic that it doesn't sound very tempting to look into it.

Good luck, and I hope you'll get better answers than mine about this....

Nehro
Ireland

Post by Nehro » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 am

Read the link

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

Hope it will help

ciaramc

Post by ciaramc » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:23 am

4EUFam card when your spouse has been living/working in another EU country other than his own!! So if he has worked in say France and then returned home you would be entitled to a EUfam card!!

Otherwise think you will just get another Irish resident card!

misterindia
Newly Registered

Post by misterindia » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:56 pm

ciaramc wrote:4EUFam card when your spouse has been living/working in another EU country other than his own!! So if he has worked in say France and then returned home you would be entitled to a EUfam card!!

Otherwise think you will just get another Irish resident card!

thanks guys for your input and will take all the suggestions into consideration.