ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HND IN HOSPITALITY MGT IS VALID FOR PSW ?? PLS HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samfrmleeds
Newly Registered

HND IN HOSPITALITY MGT IS VALID FOR PSW ?? PLS HELP

Post by samfrmleeds » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:00 pm

HELLO ALL,

PLS HELP ME I WAS ON 5-YEARS WORKPERMIT AND I MADE REDUNDANT 2-DAYS AGO, AND NOW WANT TO APPLY FOR PSW AS I GOT CERTIFICATE FROM EDEXCEL HND IN HOSPITALITY BUSINESS MGT OCT-2008 PASSED. CAN I APPLY FOR PSW AS ON HO WEBSITE IT SAYS HND FROM SCOTTISH INSTITUTE I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS. IS IT SAME LIKE MY HND OR NO PLS HELP.

THANKS.
SAM.

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: HND IN HOSPITALITY MGT IS VALID FOR PSW ?? PLS HELP

Post by jack199 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:10 pm

samfrmleeds wrote:HELLO ALL,

PLS HELP ME I WAS ON 5-YEARS WORKPERMIT AND I MADE REDUNDANT 2-DAYS AGO, AND NOW WANT TO APPLY FOR PSW AS I GOT CERTIFICATE FROM EDEXCEL HND IN HOSPITALITY BUSINESS MGT OCT-2008 PASSED. CAN I APPLY FOR PSW AS ON HO WEBSITE IT SAYS HND FROM SCOTTISH INSTITUTE I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS. IS IT SAME LIKE MY HND OR NO PLS HELP.

THANKS.
SAM.
If you see the criteria for PSW you will notice it has to be Post Grad (Diplom/certificate) and HND is not a post graduate qualification. Secondly from the 31st March the rules for PSW are going to change where an applicant MUST have Masters Degree not PG Diplomas and Certificats are accaptable with the exception of PGD in Education. I hope that answers the question.

Just to mention one thing if you got work permit after completing your studies within the UK and did not leave the country while on Work Permit you can revert your status back to student. (PROVIDING YOUR LAST LEAVE TO REAMIN I.E. BEFOR WORK PWRMIT WAS STUDENT AND YOU CAME TO UK ON A STUDENT VISA AND WHILE ON WORK PERMIT YOU DID NOT LEAVE UK).

samfrmleeds
Newly Registered

Post by samfrmleeds » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:22 pm

HI THANKS,

BUT IF YOU GO ON HO WEBSITE PSW DROP DOWN MENU ITS SAYS HND FROM SCOTTISH INSTITUTE WHAT THIS MEANS THAN.

THANKS.
SAM.