ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having HSMP visa in UK, can I go to US

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

Having HSMP visa in UK, can I go to US

Post by FLR » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:55 pm

Hi all,

Can I go to US with my HSMP visa and being in UK? be it visit visa ?

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:19 pm

Your UK HSMP visa makes no difference whatsoever as to whether you need a visa or not. So if everyone of your nationality needs a visa to enter the USA then you still do need a visa.

Whether the fact that you already have a UK HSMP visa will make it any easier to get a USA visa, well I am not sure, but it certainly should not make it any more difficult.
John

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:47 pm

Thanks John.

I have heard, not sure, that it is very easy to visit any european country if you have a valid UK visa so I assume that it will be easier to get US visa to some extent.

Any one who may have experienced this, please comment.

Regards.

hk_007

Post by hk_007 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:20 pm

If you otherwise require a visa to enter any European country, then you will need a visa to do so even if you have a valid UK visa (HSMP, Work permit etc.). Only Switzerland allows you to visit without a visa provided you hold a valid UK visa which is good for at least 6 months. A Schengen visa will allow you to visit the member countries (UK is not a member) without separate visas for each country.