ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Proof required at UK Immigration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sameerg
Newly Registered

Accomodation Proof required at UK Immigration

Post by sameerg » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:31 am

Hi,

I am planning to travel to UK in second week of April 2009 with my wife. I have Tier1 and dependant visa respectively.

I am booking the house share in London for the accomodation.

Can any of the senior members or members who already in UK advice me as what (house share) accomodation proof I should carry ?

Regards
sameer

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Accomodation Proof required at UK Immigration

Post by maheshnair » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:52 am

sameerg wrote:Hi,

I am planning to travel to UK in second week of April 2009 with my wife. I have Tier1 and dependant visa respectively.

I am booking the house share in London for the accomodation.

Can any of the senior members or members who already in UK advice me as what (house share) accomodation proof I should carry ?

Regards
sameer

Hi Sameer ,

when i came in first @ the immigration they will just ask to fill the adress on a form , they never asked me any proof or something .

Since you have already made arrangements for stay . Why dont u ask the agent to send you the contract (fax) . You can show that .

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:23 am

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the inputs. I have made a arrangement thru website called gumtree.com directly with the owner of the house .

Since we are sharing the same house with the owner , It's a mutual understanding between me n landlord. I have a email communication from the house owner that he is inviting us for "house share" accomodation. .

I am planning to carry copy of email and a copy of his adv. from gumtree.com. with me. Do u think that is sufficient ?
Also do i need to do x-ray , TB test before I leave ?

regards
sameer

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm

that should be fine. Ya chest Xray will be quite handy

maheshnair
BANNED

needed stuffs

Post by maheshnair » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:57 pm

sameerg wrote:Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the inputs. I have made a arrangement thru website called gumtree.com directly with the owner of the house .

Since we are sharing the same house with the owner , It's a mutual understanding between me n landlord. I have a email communication from the house owner that he is inviting us for "house share" accomodation. .

I am planning to carry copy of email and a copy of his adv. from gumtree.com. with me. Do u think that is sufficient ?
Also do i need to do x-ray , TB test before I leave ?

regards
sameer

Hi Sameer ,

W.r.t accomodation . That is fine .

I came in first to Uk via wipro and wipro always arranges a full medical test with a big hospital called MANIPAL for travellers and they do a end to end test and report .

Better carry such a report . Even though not needed as they at the immigration itself will do a xray test etc when u come in for first time .

push
United Kingdom

Re: needed stuffs

Post by push » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:27 pm

maheshnair wrote: Better carry such a report . Even though not needed as they at the immigration itself will do a xray test etc when u come in for first time .
You would not have to get an X-ray done at Immigration control if you are carrying a chest X-ray report with you. The immigration officer will in any case send you to the health screening section (if you come from certain countries, India being one) but if you have the Chest X-ray report you will be free withing 10/15 mins (depending on the queue length). If you do not have the Chest X-ray report (carry it in you hand baggage) then the wait might be 1-2 hrs.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sameerg
Newly Registered

Post by sameerg » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:46 pm

Can I do Chest X-ray , TB test from any center or there are affiliated centers?