ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any1 moving in nxt 2 weeks, willing to share accomodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

harneet691

Any1 moving in nxt 2 weeks, willing to share accomodation

Post by harneet691 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:12 am

Hi all

I am going to UK for the first time, with no relatives or friends around. As i dont hav a job in UK at present and will only be able to apply for the same once i land there, i invite any willing candidate who is leaving within next 3 weeks so that we can share accomodation to average out the initial expenses.
Also if some1 has already got the accomodation and is ready to put it on a sharing basis, kindly contact me on the following :

Name : Harneet Singh Ghai
email : harneet691@gmail.com

tapindersingh
Mood:
India

Post by tapindersingh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:58 am

I'm currently not in London, will return on 22nd and will update you with what can be done by me.

I will try to sort something out.

harneet691

thnx

Post by harneet691 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm

hi Tapinder,

i am coming on 3rd april, will stay with a frnd initially at trinity road south hall.......but yes wil hav to find out a place within a couple of days. Would need ur help to find out an accomodation also to know essential do's n donts'.

Regards n Respect
Harneet

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: thnx

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:04 pm

harneet691 wrote:hi Tapinder,

i am coming on 3rd april, will stay with a frnd initially at trinity road south hall.......but yes wil hav to find out a place within a couple of days. Would need ur help to find out an accomodation also to know essential do's n donts'.

Regards n Respect
Harneet
Harneet...
In the mean time.. browse through www.gumtree.com just to get an idea n u can even post a free ad on it

goodluck

maheshnair
BANNED

Re: Any1 moving in nxt 2 weeks, willing to share accomodatio

Post by maheshnair » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:55 am

harneet691 wrote:Hi all

I am going to UK for the first time, with no relatives or friends around. As i dont hav a job in UK at present and will only be able to apply for the same once i land there, i invite any willing candidate who is leaving within next 3 weeks so that we can share accomodation to average out the initial expenses.
Also if some1 has already got the accomodation and is ready to put it on a sharing basis, kindly contact me on the following :

Name : Harneet Singh Ghai
email : harneet691@gmail.com

Some more advice from me .

1) As soon as you come in your first time your aim for some days is getting Job .
what you need most is broadband and phone .

2)
here it is not like INDIA , you wont find internet parlours like india in every street , even if 1 is found , it is costly like 2 pounds / hour etc and the biggest problem is phone .

You may need to speak to agents and so if you buy pre-paid card you can speak for only 5 minutes . They are MONEY eating machines . So as soon as you come in you may not get a post paid phone . Best is a place which has LAND line .

So call agent, look for a room shared room with broadband preferably wireless + phone . Usually it will be in range from 300 to 400 / month depending on area .

I was almost crying because of the phone . I just had a pre-paid phone and ended up not having broadband . Once i call agent for 5 minutes that annoying message . Please recharge please recharge ..My god ...

what i did is luckily got a old classmate and ran to his house who had broadband and local lines . stayed there for a month .

for 1 month was on internet and phone continuosly and by the end of the month got my first contract :) .

After that all will be cool .....just fly as you wish ...